Houston, are we ready for launch??
1330 13 2015-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shakyamunifilms
lvl.2

United States

What does everyone think?
When we get the prop locks, are we good to fly??
I'm SUPER worried about my inspire just malfunctioning with no pilot error.
My IMU advanced calibration won't complete 100%
I've also avoided ANY autonomous flight.

Still, I hear stories of manual take-offs that result in firmware malfunction crashes.
I was fortunate to have downloaded it before it was taken down and have flown a good 10-15 successful flights (manual) since the arrival of the UAV. (Jan.3)

I'm just terrified to throw her up with all the horror stories floating around!

Please, I would love to hear how others feel about this situation.

2015-1-28
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

I have to assume the that both issues are rare until there is evidence otherwise. It is sort of hard to do a meta analysis unless you are on the receiving end of complaints. I started flying my unit well before any news of  prop or IMU issues and mine was and is very stable.  I never notice untoward drift in P or for that matter any mode.  My props stay tight. Never had them loosen.  I checked them before and after flight now that I know it is an issue. I've flown since the beginning of January. Taking multiple flights after work and weekends on any day where weather permits. I flew in moderate wind at various alitudes and relatively higher wind at very low alititudes...just to see how it reacts.  I flew full throttle in A mode as well.  And all kinds of altitudes in P mode where permitted. Since hearing about the props I have tuned things down a bit but still feel confident.

Dan
2015-1-28
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Cool factor of 10 !

I'm liking the evolutionary step up from the Phantom to this Inspire 1.
4 flights and grounded till it warms up I had no issues flying or operating the camera.
Warmer air better lift longer flying times however all 4 battery's have been drained via hover testing and timing I feel good about this copter.

Face it this thing is bad azz anyone who see's it wants one like yesterday!
Spring cant get here fast enough I have racing footage to shoot !

I left it hover on all 4 battery tests in the same spot for 15 mins and the thing didn't move more than 4 inches if that.
Talk about the ultimate crane shot!!!
2015-1-28
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

daninperth .....Going by your username am I correct that you live in Perth Western Australia? As I do.

2015-1-28
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have flown my production Inspire almost 30 missions. I have never had an issue.  Props have not flown off and the compass has behaved and not shut off my GPS.  I am not alone but some have had issues.  The most prevalent is the GPS off due to compass errors.  DJI is addressing that issue.  It should be out with the next update.
2015-1-28
Use props
Playful Monster
lvl.2

United States

Tahoe_Ed Posted at 2015-1-29 13:06
I have flown my production Inspire almost 30 missions. I have never had an issue.  Props have not fl ...

This is good to hear. I get gps drop every flight
2015-1-28
Use props
shakyamunifilms
lvl.2

United States

Sweet, thank you guys. Yea I've had no problem thus far. People were just starting to scare me.
But I'll definitkey turn it down a notch until the locks come in.  
2015-1-28
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

Captain Obvious Posted at 2015-1-29 13:02
daninperth .....Going by your username am I correct that you live in Perth Western Australia? As I d ...

Hey mate!  I am a part time resident of Perth but not there right now. Wish I was cause I need some warm weather for a change!

You need anything from the states?

Dan
2015-1-29
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

daninperth Posted at 2015-1-29 12:26
I have to assume the that both issues are rare until there is evidence otherwise. It is sort of hard ...

Dan in A mode where you able to surpass 500m altitude?
2015-1-29
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

Colonel Angus Posted at 2015-1-29 16:22
Dan in A mode where you able to surpass 500m altitude?

Hey Colonel, I have flown in A mode only under 100 meters.  Just trying to see the speed differences.  I am not comfortable letting it out too far yet in that mode haha.  I can see by my above post why you might think that so I'll tweak that a bit. What is your experience with A mode?

Dan
2015-1-29
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

daninperth Posted at 2015-1-29 16:22
Hey mate!  I am a part time resident of Perth but not there right now. Wish I was cause I need som ...

Thank You for asking if I need anything from the States....Never know. And warm weather It's stinking hot ATM with bushfires
going around Perth again But under control now.

I was going insane deciding on the platform for use for Pilot App and landed with the safest choice
for me. Mainly for local warranty and availability and price I ended up purchasing the below mentioned Nexus 9 LTE 32GB from JB Hifi for $693
Not a bad tablet

Cheers.
2015-1-29
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

daninperth Posted at 2015-1-29 16:35
Hey Colonel, I have flown in A mode only under 100 meters.  Just trying to see the speed difference ...

Dan I was gonna say man you got a (big set) pushing it over 500 m

Mike
2015-1-29
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

Captain Obvious Posted at 2015-1-29 19:14
Thank You for asking if I need anything from the States....Never know. And warm weather It's stinki ...

Hi Captain,

I'm glad to hear you got that tablet you needed. Let us know how it works out. If it's hot there then I guess the sea breeze is coming in later in the day.  I guess the weather for flying will get even better in the next few months. I know it gets relatively windless around April and it would be great to get some coastline video.  The beaches or the Islands locally or you could see the Pinnacles or Margaret River or places like Esperance. There are so many places there that would be great to film from the air.  When I come back I am going to bring mine for sure.

Yeah if you ever need me to drop ship something you can't find there just let me know!

Dan
2015-1-29
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

Colonel Angus Posted at 2015-1-30 04:45
Dan I was gonna say man you got a (big set) pushing it over 500 m

Mike

Haha Mike, no I am quite conservative in A mode for the time being.  
2015-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules