8661 55 2016-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

yousaidit Posted at 2016-8-30 07:54
So the old filters doesn't fit in the new osmo+? If not, when should we expect new ones?

No they will not. When filters are available they will be on the website. Keep looking at the Osmo+ page a few times a week, accessories will show up in time.
2016-8-29
Use props
yousaidit
New

Poland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-30 05:57
No they will not. When filters are available they will be on the website. Keep looking at the Osmo ...

Thanks but just out of curiosity is it a matter of new lens or rather the lens mount?
2016-8-29
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

yousaidit Posted at 2016-8-30 15:40
Thanks but just out of curiosity is it a matter of new lens or rather the lens mount?

I would think it's just a ND lens cover
2016-8-30
Use props
derekoneill99
lvl.4
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI Ken. When will the Osmo Pro Combo be available in Europe?
2016-8-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Darrendirl Posted at 2016-8-30 04:31
Perhaps you should help that conversation by taking all of the unhappy threads asking why the orig ...

When new products come out they have new features. It's the same with any product. I don't understand how you think you are getting cheated. When you bought your flat screen TV and a better one with more features came out a few months later and for less, did you feel the same way.I am sorry if you feel that way.

Note: Panorama and Timelapse functions are not currently available natively with the Osmo Pro and Osmo RAW and will require additional software for post production. If these functions are required, other Osmo products are available.
2016-8-30
Use props
jojoenglish85
lvl.2
United States

One really big concern of mine with the Osmo+, I would like DJI Ken to answer is, With the shipping delay from now until mid to late September will the Osmo+ be ready to use out of the box or will it require firmware and software updates? Also since the units are technically not ready, shouldn't anyone who orders an Osmo+ get some type of incentive for essentially preordering? It just seems weird that I preordered a unit and if more accessories are released before my order ships, i have to make another new order. Just seems like maybe DJI didn't think about the customer very much when deciding to open the door to new orders of the Osmo+.
2016-8-30
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

jojoenglish85 Posted at 2016-8-31 02:35
One really big concern of mine with the Osmo+, I would like DJI Ken to answer is, With the shipping  ...

I'm sorry if stuff happens to become available as time goes on. You can try to update your order with online sales if wanted accessories become available. Everything for the Osmo works on this so most all the accessories are already out there.
And the incentive of a pre-order is then getting to be one of the first users.
If you don't feel comfortable, then wait a month or two and go check it out in your local DJI dealer shop and purchase it then after playing with it.
2016-8-30
Use props
michael.tristra
lvl.3
Flight distance : 769042 ft
Australia

yousaidit Posted at 2016-8-30 17:40

Polar Pro have confirmed with me that their X3 filters will fit the Osmo+ and they are available now.
2016-8-30
Use props
Darrendirl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 822021 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-30 19:24
When new products come out they have new features. It's the same with any product. I don't understa ...

When the hardware required is different? No. But when it's a simple software upgrade then yes. Amazing how my iPhone / iPad (as you love to point out Apple) continues to get new software features each year for many years before they stop. Do I feel cheated the new iphone camera is better? No. Do I feel cheated the Osmo+ has a better hardware camera? No.

Do I feel screwed when a less than one year old device is left for dead from a software point of view. F*in right I do. No other decent company does that. Even Samsung get the updates out to phones.... eventually.

Anyway, I've been reading your comments on this matter and generally your attitude towards paying customers here is pretty lousy in my view. Can you PM me your work email and that of your direct manager. I want to give the feedback with examples.
2016-9-24
Use props
Darrendirl
lvl.2
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-8-30 10:53
I'm sorry if stuff happens to become available as time goes on. You can try to update your order with online sales if wanted accessories become available. Everything for the Osmo works on this so most all the accessories are already out there.
And the incentive of a pre-order is then getting to be one of the first users.
If you don't feel comfortable, then wait a month or two and go check it out in your local DJI dealer shop and purchase it then after playing with it.

I'm still waiting for your details. I want to send that feedback mail.
2017-1-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Darrendirl Posted at 2017-1-7 13:41
I'm still waiting for your details. I want to send that feedback mail.

You can send your feedback from the GO app.
From the home page, select Me, then More, then Feedback.
2017-1-7
Use props
Darrendirl
lvl.2
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-7 19:10
You can send your feedback from the GO app.
From the home page, select Me, then More, then Feedback.

I don't want to send generic feedback. Please re-read my post and you'll see what I want. You can PM me the details.
2017-1-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Darrendirl Posted at 2017-1-8 13:54
I don't want to send generic feedback. Please re-read my post and you'll see what I want. You can PM me the details.

You said you wanted to leave feedback, I should you how to directly submit your feedback.
2017-1-8
Use props
Darrendirl
lvl.2
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-8 15:58
You said you wanted to leave feedback, I should you how to directly submit your feedback.

You know exactly what I am asking for. A PM with the details of your line manager as I want to send direct feedback to your line manager.
2017-1-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Darrendirl Posted at 2017-1-10 13:33
You know exactly what I am asking for. A PM with the details of your line manager as I want to send direct feedback to your line manager.

You can post or PM your email and I will have a manager email you.
2017-1-10
Use props
Kalev
New

Estonia

Am I the only one who upgraded from Osmo to Osmo+?

I've got major issues with Osmo+ and would be happy to know the piece I've got is just a bad apple, so there's a hope for a replacement to solve the issues.

I've used Osmo for a year and was happy about it.

Now I've upgraded to Osmo+ and it looks like total disaster:

At first, I was disappointed by missing lens cap and by gimbal not locking in all directions like Osmo did. Osmo+ only has 2 locks.
Still, I had an impression Osmo+ does everything Osmo does, plus has a zoom and better battery. Aparently Osmo+ is not able to do what Osmo did.

When I started to use Osmo+, I discovered the following:

1. Video preview on my iPhone is lagging badly. It was always smooth with Osmo. Not with Osmo+.

2. Infinity focusing mostly gives blurry picture, even on widest angle. WIth zoom infinity focusing is always blurry. I always had perfect focus with original Osmo.

3. All videos, no matter how slow I move gimbal when panning (no walking or running involved), have a small but very annoying amount of vertical shake. It's quite noticeable even with widest angle and it's terrible with zoom. I never had shaking like this with original Osmo, it was always smooth.

I've tried to exchange Osmo+ for another, but dealer told me they can't do it. So they took my new Osmo+ and I should now wait for weeks for solution. I bought Osmo+ for using in a travel trip I'll have in 3 weeks from now and I have no idea if I'll get a replacement in this time. I regret a lot about this buy. If I only knew I can not get immediate replacement for product, than was bad right our of the box.

Now I can end up with no camera for travel. I should probably have kept old good Osmo.

My another concern is all Osmo+ are that bad comparing to original Osmo. So I may get a replacement that acts the same or get a device back with "it's all normal" verdict. All 3 issues are too different to be caused by the same problem, so it looks like bad engineering raher than bad specific device. I hope it's not the case, as if all Osmo+ are like this, they are unusable comparing to original Osmo.
2017-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules