Zemuse Z3 and now the OSMO+. SAME?
2036 8 2016-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAP.UAV
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3016014 ft
United States

Today I get a email from DJI annoucing the new OSMO+. I read the email and it seems like the same functions and features for the new Zemuse Z3 camera.  It seems like the exact same camera.  Even look the same except for color.  Now get this.  The Z3 will not work on the OSMO and and the camera on the OSMO+ will not fit on any aircraft.  WHAT? The OSMO+ is selling for $649 (the price I paid for my OSMO) and the Z3 is $899.  Heck the OSMO+ comes with a handle and a battery. What is going on?  I own an OSMO, Phantom 3 Pro, and an Inspire Pro 1 Black Edition.  The point of it all was the DJI interchangeabilty.  I could be wrong but these 2 cameras seem identical.  Why such a price difference?  Why are they NOT interchangeable?  What is going on?  First problem I had with DJI was receiving "bricked" batteries with my Inspire 1.  Now I see this kind of stuff.  I don't like being "played".  Could someone explain to me the difference between these 2 cameras?  Is there one?  I don't understand what DJI is doing here.  I have been a loyal customer, but sometimes they don't make it easy.

Rick
DAP~UAV

2016-8-25
Use props
uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks to me like a money maker !  , it could have been made compatible , but that wont make more money in extra sales :-)
2016-8-25
Use props
jayredone10
lvl.4
United States

uptowndisco@hot Posted at 2016-8-26 04:01
Looks to me like a money maker !  , it could have been made compatible , but that wont make more mon ...

Looks to be the same camera just mounted upside down compaired to the Z3.
Maybe its something to do with how the cameras cool off. Overheating with the heat-sink under the camera instead of on top.
2016-8-25
Use props
mike
lvl.2

United States

There are reports the Z3 works on Osmo.  I think DJI held off on this until release of the Osmo Pro+.  Now our $899 camera will be supported.  I am guessing its the exact same situation with the X3 Camera.... The one on the Inspire works on both, the one on the handle only works with osmo, and not the inspire.  My 2 cents.  I am trying the z3 on my osmo tonight.
2016-8-26
Use props
AnzacJack
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3501650 ft
  • >>>
Australia

i think they (DJI) should be spending their time getting the Z3 actually working on the inspire before working on the Osmo version. Mines a $1500AU paperweight at this stage
2016-8-26
Use props
R&L Aerial
Second Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

uptowndisco@hot Posted at 2016-8-25 16:01
Looks to me like a money maker !  , it could have been made compatible , but that wont make more mon ...

Or, DJI cash cow.
2016-8-27
Use props
jayredone10
lvl.4
United States

mike@shockleyho Posted at 2016-8-27 04:04
There are reports the Z3 works on Osmo.  I think DJI held off on this until release of the Osmo Pro+ ...

Were you able to get the Z3 to work on your OSMO ?
2016-8-27
Use props
Inspired_Mike
lvl.2

United States

jayredone10@yah Posted at 2016-8-27 08:51
Were you able to get the Z3 to work on your OSMO ?

yes, I finally was, but remember, no audio!   I made that stupid mistake.
2016-12-4
Use props
fans0d5cebf0
lvl.4
United States

Inspired_Mike Posted at 2016-12-5 10:13
yes, I finally was, but remember, no audio!   I made that stupid mistake.https://youtu.be/EjHHYAMKihI

Cool,
Thanks
2016-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules