Olympus 25mm lens does not balance
1522 4 2016-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bruce
lvl.2
Flight distance : 686916 ft
United States

I have tried everything.  With, without balancing ring.  With, without filter.  With, without lens shade.  It is always either front or back heavy.  I know I can tape a penny (or krugerand) to the back of the camera, but then I have to remove it when I switch lens.  Anyone else found the trick to get it to balance?

Thanks

Bruce

2016-8-25
Use props
flighttime1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 906352 ft
United States

A bit of Velcro works just fine for attaching the penny. Beyond that, there is no trick.
2016-8-25
Use props
DJI-Jessie
lvl.3

Hong Kong

Hello bruce, could you please record a video about this issue?
2016-8-25
Use props
steve.dawson
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2760564 ft
New Zealand

I've just done more than 140 flights with the Olympus 25mm on my Inspire 1 pro. I bought a UV filter, and sanded the metal edge of that, and the standard plastic olympus hood, down to the point where the lens balances fore and aft. I used a belt sander. It took time, but wasn't hard.

I also have a small piece of bluetack stuck on the side of the gimbal to get perfect left/right balance. Gimbal performance is great and the lens works really well on the I one. Works just fine with the DJI 15mm also.
2016-8-26
Use props
Perchpole
lvl.1
Flight distance : 119810 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hello, All

I am also having problems balancing the 25mm lens. I'm aware that there are DIY solutions but I am annoyed that the lens was sold as being "compatible" when clearly is not.

Interestingly, after having a look at some old release notes, there was a balance ring for the 25mm in production. For some reason it was never released.

See attachment - from Inspire release notes 2015.11.24

:0/
2016-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules