[STICKY] DJI Launches Osmo+ Integrated Zoom Lens To Handheld Gimb...
8537 57 2016-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
oWn7VqxckjUn
lvl.1

South Korea

JohnJohnson Posted at 2016-9-21 11:07
I don't understand how DJI can release a product with such little info. I want to buy either the OSM ...

I totally agree with you. What is worse is that my pre-order for Osmo+ got delayed without expected date of delivery.  And I can't find any video of Osmo+, but Zenmuse 3 zoom only.
It seems that they're not ready to launch this product due to technical issue not a supply issue.
2016-9-20
Use props
office
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73219 ft
Austria

I have got my Osmo+ today. The Accu is charged, and i am happy to make the first tests with the osmo+
2016-9-21
Use props
SkCuQqLLtegw
lvl.3
United States

videos are starting to show up online:

Unboxing:

Short 4K slow-mo:  
2016-9-22
Use props
BxwDINMcwgDV
New

wunhotttuna Posted at 2016-9-21 03:29
I ordered my plus a few days ago, was told it will be shipped 7-10 days after payment was confirmed. ...

Hi,
I don't see any lens cap in the unboxing vids....can you confirm it is included?!?
2016-9-22
Use props
jflamm
lvl.1
United States

BxwDINMcwgDV Posted at 2016-9-22 07:14
Hi,
I don't see any lens cap in the unboxing vids....can you confirm it is included?!?

There is no lens cap.
2016-9-22
Use props
Daley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 197953 ft
United States

SkCuQqLLtegw Posted at 2016-9-22 18:51
videos are starting to show up online:

Unboxing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFSZVbaYY-w

It's alive! it's real!! I can't believe my eyes!

Congratulations on the post... you have officially given the public more information on the OSMO+ then DJI has.
2016-9-22
Use props
Vertical.Creati
lvl.3
United States

& the first, english language review + actual footage of the zoom in action:

2016-9-22
Use props
JohnJohnson
New

United States

Vertical.Creati Posted at 2016-9-22 13:41

https://www.youtube.co ...

Lol it's just too funny how DJI couldn't even make a simple video like this to demonstrate the product. A video camera company couldn't produce a video. LMAO. I don't know if it's incompetence of the marketing team or just laziness.
2016-9-23
Use props
Vertical.Creati
lvl.3
United States

JohnJohnson Posted at 2016-9-23 13:29
Lol it's just too funny how DJI couldn't even make a simple video like this to demonstrate the pro ...

DJI doesn't make money demonstrating products.  The press release alone was enough to push sales to a point where they are having a challenging time fulfilling them.  And even enough to have someone like you frustrated that there isn't more information.  I'd say thats pretty effective marketing.  Why should they spend $$ on expensive production work on the marketing end, when there are thousands willing to do the work for free on the delivery end of the equation?
2016-9-24
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

Vertical.Creati Posted at 2016-9-24 12:06
DJI doesn't make money demonstrating products.  The press release alone was enough to push sales t ...

A couple of alternate views here.  DJI did in fact produce some 'pre-sales' videos in the past with some notable talent from the millennial celebrity pool.  Plus, by producing only a few, the rich kid fanboys will gobble up the first available products and thus generate a shortage which then creates an artificial demand.  Yeah, that's 'effective' marketing.  

It would be nice if the lack of demo videos translated into lower prices and better customer service, eh?
2016-9-28
Use props
markdgoodman
lvl.1

United States

Do we know if the zoom speed is adjustable? Specifically can we make it very slow which would make for great timelapses and hyperlapses.
2016-9-29
Use props
ari_za
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77300 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

jflamm Posted at 2016-9-23 00:36
There is no lens cap.

What the!?
2016-10-3
Use props
ari_za
lvl.2
Flight distance : 77300 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Vertical.Creati Posted at 2016-9-23 01:41

https://www.youtube.co ...

I love Heliguy, but that is quite possibly the worst demontration video footage ever.
2016-10-3
Use props
info.marcelvoss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1795 ft
Netherlands

Any of the Osmo+ owners also have a problem finding out how the hell the focussing works??

Mine seems to ONLY do one-shot focus, if you tap the screen, it focusses on that point, but after that it stays at that focal range until I tap again.

Others on this forum however are complaining about the 'autofocus' messing up their panorama's and recordings, so what is the normal way this should work, one-shot focus, or continuous focus on the point you pick?

Marcel
2016-10-4
Use props
ftVWqOC7qJzf
lvl.1

China

the more battery life increasingly short, we need a high-quality power bank, can be a good solution to these problems. For demand, it should be a kind of mobile power need it? Usually they want to move large power capacity, but compact and easy to carry. Simple design and unique personality. Most importantly, the use of safe, all the above are satisfied, is having a very good price.
power bank wholesale,power bank supplier,power bank manufacturer  http://www.qqpowerbank.com/powerbank/
2016-10-12
Use props
kjahled
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-5 10:32
Hi, it's not compatible, since the Osmo Mobile's camera is attached to the handle and can't be rem ...

Many thanks for your reply.
2016-10-13
Use props
d.tomasi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15968 ft
Brazil

I just want the long exposure working... because osmo drift and become horrible out of focus with a motion blur on all the screen.
2016-10-16
Use props
Jack Fedele
lvl.2

United States

The Phantoms need zoom
2016-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules