Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Price of the Z3 camera
1682 13 2016-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Am I missing something here.......................... The Z3 camera for the inspire 1 costs £799 in the UK for the camera only. The new Osmo + which has the same specs as far as I can tell, apart from being black rather than white, is £629. This comes with the Osmo handle, battery, charger phone holder etc.Can someone from DJI explain the huge price difference please.

2016-8-26
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Two different cameras Dave.
2016-8-29
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

markaguille Posted at 2016-8-29 18:19
Two different cameras Dave.

Hi Mark. In what way are they different?
2016-9-1
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Jersey

Hi Dave,

If you think about your average camera, then think about the technology that would need to go into that camera to make it anywhere half decent enough to attach it to the underside of a remote control copter and produce decent results. Seriously dude, have a look at a company call Draganfly inovations. They have been putting stuff like this together way before you ever heard of DJI. Try out their products and weigh them up against DJI but don't forget to look at the price difference. A piece of equipment similar to the I1 would cost you £20K+ (non 4K), ok, you would not be getting the petty bitching on their forums that you'd hear on DJI's but Hey!
I can only assume Dave that you were expecting to not have to pay the full price on an otherwise "cheap" in comparison item and you are expecting everyone to jump in to agree with you, and therefore winning you the few hundred quid that everyone else has had to go out and work for. DJI are offering awesome equipment at unreal prices, for the quality you cannot possibly match the price. Maybe it is asking too much that you do your own homework, I do know the difference between the two cameras but it is not me complaining so sorry Dave but You can't copy my homework tonight, do your own research if you want to bad mouth this company.
2016-9-1
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

I'm interested in it but definitely no intention of buying until they get the firmware fixed.
It's a paperweight at present, hopefully that will change in time.
2016-9-1
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

markaguille Posted at 2016-9-1 22:38
Hi Dave,

If you think about your average camera, then think about the technology that would need to ...

Ok Mark, your response is out of order.
Firstly, I asked for a response from Dji about the difference in their own products, not a comparison with other manufacturers products or prices.

Secondly, you made a comment that the cameras were different. I asked you the question....why?
As far as I can tell, (and I have done my own research) they are the same. If the cameras are different, then please share your knowledge as to how they are different. If you view this as "copying your homework" then I question why you are on the forum in the first place.

Thirdly, If I had an issue about the price of Dji's products in general, I would not have bought a Phantom 2, Phantom 3, Osmo or Inspire 1 in the first place. I also owned a Phantom 4 for a short while but it had to be returned due to a camera fault. I did not "bitch" about this on any forum. I was however given genuine helpful responses after asking advice and posting video samples.

If the cameras turn out to be the same apart from the colour, then I would expect that the pricing should be similar. If you buy a silver I phone, it is the same price as a gold one. If however you buy a 128 Gb version instead of a 64Gb version then you pay mores as they are different. The x3 and osmo x3 cameras were similarly priced when they came out. They were basically the same camera with different fixed focus distances. You could also use the Inspire X3 on an Osmo handle. The latest Z3 cameras are not cross compatible.

It is now possible to buy the osmo+ camera alone for £479.00. The Z3 for the Inspire 1 is £799.00.
If there is a genuine difference that justifies the £320.00 gap then great, I will consider it. If there is not, I will not be buying one.
2016-9-2
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi Dave,

I have the same queries as yours.

Official clarifications from DJI, not from anyone else, on difference(s) between the Z3 (for Inspire 1 & etc) and the X3 zoom (for OSMO+) are necessary in addressing our queries. The price premium of the Z3 over the X3 Zoom has got to be justified from official DJI clarifications for consumers to make informed choice of purchasing.

We can speculate, e.g. the custom designed reaction wheel mentioned in DJI's Z3 product page is not mentioned in DJI's X3 Zoom page, but then their weights are very similar (262g vs 268g), giving us the impression that there isn't any mechanical difference between them. Afterall, any difference we speculate is just speculation. We need DJI's official clarifications.

I planned to purchase the Z3 when it was announced. Recent flooded complaints in the forum on the time lag in video downlink, and the unjustified price premium over the X3 Zoom all make me wonder whether it will worth the price of it.

DJI owes us the needed clarifications.

Henry
2016-9-2
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Jersey

Dave E Posted at 2016-9-2 12:41
Ok Mark, your response is out of order.
Firstly, I asked for a response from Dji about the differe ...

My apologies Dave, I have had a week of customers wanting something for nothing and believing that businesses have no right to make money. At the end of  my day when I get home I sometimes enjoy logging in to the forum to see what is going on, get the latest and see if there is anyone I may be able to help out. Just lately though it seems every other post is from some idiot not having half a clue what they are talking about, bashing DJI about something they little understand. I took my frustration out on you and for that I apologize.
I regret misreading your post and would like to withdraw my comment.

Mark G.
2016-9-3
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

markaguille Posted at 2016-9-3 18:43
My apologies Dave, I have had a week of customers wanting something for nothing and believing that ...

Hi Mark.
Thank you for your comments and apology. I know what you mean about customers, I have a small business myself and it can often be challenging to say the least. If I ever get to Jersey we can have a pint together and put the world to rights.
No hard feelings and happy flying.

Dave.
2016-9-3
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Dave E Posted at 2016-9-4 01:41
Hi Mark.
Thank you for your comments and apology. I know what you mean about customers, I have a s ...

I am coming to Jersey too , though I have not had a "DrinK " in almost 16 years it sounds like a good time Dr Pepper for me .

donnie
2016-9-4
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

markaguille Posted at 2016-9-3 12:43
My apologies Dave, I have had a week of customers wanting something for nothing and believing that ...

What type of business are you in ?  I personally am semi retired form the Car business, my family owns a Buick GMC  and Chevrolet franchise .  Un- fortunately  I had a head injury 15 years ago and cant work full time .  

I know what you mean by , no one wants to pay a profit , believe me - Lost some  customers over $50 dollars on a $50 ,000 transaction .  And then want to come back to MY store for the Good service ..... We will happily service your Car AFTER  our customers are taken care of first.  

Hope you have a good weekend Mark

donnie

2016-9-4
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Jersey

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure why it says Jersey but I'm actually in Guernsey. Guernsey is the nicer Island although the "crapaux" in Jersey would tell you otherwise.

Mark
2016-9-4
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

markaguille Posted at 2016-9-4 16:40
Hi Guys,

I'm not sure why it says Jersey but I'm actually in Guernsey. Guernsey is the nicer Island ...

Guernsey it is then as long as they sell Dr Pepper and Wainrights.

Dave.
2016-9-4
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Jersey

Dave E Posted at 2016-9-4 17:19
Guernsey it is then as long as they sell Dr Pepper and Wainrights.

Dave.

I'll get some in.
2016-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules