Drifting, wobbling, gps connection problems
658 6 2016-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
contact
New
Flight distance : 70787 ft
Sweden

As you can read from the topic I have som problems.
My Phantom 4 drifts(to the left, everytime), doesnt elevate the 1,2 m that it is supposed to at "auto take off".
It goes up around aprox 50 cm in the air and is very unstable, wobbles up and down.
And it takes alot longer to warm up, doesnt connect with the gps function as fast as before, and sometimes it don´t at all.
Today when trying to fly the obstacle avoidance warning got stuck on my screen allthough no obstacles were near.

All of this started two days ago, and so far i have lost 3 props, which feels lucky, could have been so much worse.
But off course i need a stable machine, that i can count on.

I have calibrated the IMU, twice.
Compass aswell.
The first flight after the first calibration was perfect.
The second flight the problem is back.
Today i calibrated it again, and did two flights before it started again.
And when set to return home it was aprox 5 m off!!

Iv´e had one minor crash earlier, some month and a half ago, that cost me a prop, but it has worked fine until now.
When props are getting shredd to pieces.

Anyone got a clue as to what this could be, and how i correct it?

Edit: when flying in P-GPS mode.

Best regards, Joakim
2016-8-26
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you've tried all the calibrations (IMU, Gimbal, VPS sensors (Using DJI Assistant 2 on PC), compass and RC) then a refresh and/or a factory reset might help (followed by all the calibrations again).

If these fail then it could be an intermittent fault, or perhaps some unnoticed damage from previous crash.

When you say props are getting shredded, how it that happening, through crashes, tipping over ? There is a good possibility that there may be some motor damage if unstable after you have fitted new props.

If all the above fails then it would probably be best to return to DJI for an assessment.
2016-8-26
Use props
contact
New
Sweden

Aardvark Posted at 2016-8-26 15:17
If you've tried all the calibrations (IMU, Gimbal, VPS sensors (Using DJI Assistant 2 on PC), compas ...

Shredding as in drifting in to a bench, a wall and a tree.
Different occasions, same hour.
Seems like i solved the problem calibrating the sensors.
But, we´ll see later on if it stays good.
Thanks for the advice though. <3
2016-8-26
Use props
contact
New
Sweden

Ok, issue still remains.
But it only comes after some flights..
2016-8-26
Use props
mr-nice-guy-82
lvl.1

United States

Are you flying her with multiple batteries? I just had a flight and the front sensors stop working and was very bouncy. it slowly dropped and almost landed then raised back up to 4 feet. took her down and starting to think that these issues im having are from the second battery I am using. possible, ive not updated the battery.
2016-8-26
Use props
st pauli
lvl.4

United States

The software needs an 'easy button' or pop up to perform all calibrations on a regular interval. Seems like a lot of problems are resolved through the umpteen possible calibrations.
2016-8-31
Use props
MD_Icarus
lvl.4
United States

Don't over calibrate if everything is solid though.

I have a very stable P4 after I did a complete IMU, compass, vision, gimbal, RC calibration about 4 weeks ago.

I only do compass cals now, and I know I do not have to; but it makes me feel better before I fly. I always do them on sand or away from metal structures though.  
2016-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules