Bad Remote Hood
1361 5 2016-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
getexsm
lvl.1
Flight distance : 229469 ft
Sweden

It´s kind of lazy of DJI not to make any more varied sized remote hoods, cuz only having one size of Tablets to go on when you want to use the hood is ridiculous..

Made a short review about it.

I´m using the Phantom 4, but this remote hood could be used on so many remotes from DJI so i dont really get it.

2016-8-26
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>

Check on ebay or Amazon, you will find several that will meet your needs.
2016-8-26
Use props
getexsm
lvl.1
Sweden

EdM Posted at 2016-8-26 21:46
Check on ebay or Amazon, you will find several that will meet your needs.

some that you have tested out for yourself or you recommend ?
I did order http://www.ebay.com/itm/111923422744 this item,, Exaclty what i need and for 5 times cheaper then DJI if it is usable!

will report back
2016-8-26
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

getexsm Posted at 2016-8-27 08:32
some that you have tested out for yourself or you recommend ?
I did order http://www.ebay.com/itm/1 ...

Aloha getexsm,

Yes, you got that one right.  I had to build one myself and it was not hard and way cheaper than what is available on e-Bay and Amazon.  My DJI shade is also on the shelf as is yours, LOL!

BTW, put painters tape on the foam rubber of the holder so the foam rubber does not degrade when you put the Tab in and out.  I also have a Samsung 10.1.  It slips in and out way better that way.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-8-27
Use props
getexsm
lvl.1
Sweden

Cetaman Posted at 2016-8-27 14:22
Aloha getexsm,

Yes, you got that one right.  I had to build one myself and it was not hard a ...

oh, how long have you had your Quadrocopter ?
if it started to degrade already ?
2016-8-27
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

getexsm Posted at 2016-8-28 08:51
oh, how long have you had your Quadrocopter ?
if it started to degrade already ?

Aloha getexsm,

It is not the ultraviolet form of degrade, but use degrade.  I have a year old Phantom 3 Professional and a four month old P4.  But, I have only one Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1.  The USB socket is on the long side, in the middle.  The Galaxy barely fits into the holder and I have to switch them out when I fly the other Phantom.  The lower holder flange has a gap for the cable socket, but it is just too small for the micro-USB plug.  I had to use my Dremel to widen the notch on both RCs.  Works great though.  

When I started to switch out the Galaxy Tab between RCs, I noticed that there would be problems.  Painter's tape is like Post-Its in that the glue is not strong.  The surface of the painter's tape is also slightly slippery, so the Galaxy slides past the grab point easily.  Every once in a while I change the painter's tape and the glue releases easily.  The original foam rubber is all intact.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules