Poi question
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kdcox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1386588 ft

Greetings, ihave only played around briefly with the f modes...typically i just fly and do good.  Tomorrow my son plays in his first college baseball game.  Id ike to go to the field 2-3hours before people get there and record a poi at the pitching mound, then later do a very wide orbit slowly.  Question is, can i record the poi and activate it later?  I know i could research this topic but im in a bit of a rush.  Thanks.
2016-8-26
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha cox,

Sorry, you are combining the waypoints benefit with the much easier POI.  Your best option, in a pitch (pinch), is to wait until between innings to set your center and then pull your radius.  If you are quickly setting your center, there is reduced probability of flying over people since they are supposed to be off the field at that time.  Check with the head official before the game so you can work with those on the field to keep safety first.  The path you take to pull your radius can be determined by the least likely location of players as they replace each other during the between innings hiatus.  

Your circular path will be way outside populated areas of the field and stands.  Be sure to mention that to the umpire in charge (head official).  Since your priority will obviously be safety first and their priority is safety first, you should be able to find common ground.  You all want the exposure that a flying camera can provide.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-8-26
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha cox,

It still does not mean that you cannot go to the field early to show the umpires what the technology can do.  They may even try to help you.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-8-26
Use props
mjlstudios
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you are in the US, there are FAA regulations when it comes to flying during sporting events, stadiums, sporting fields, etc. Safety MUST be the priority! Droning has received a bad rap due to mishaps and the media blasting all they can about drone mishaps!
2016-8-27
Use props
kdcox
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1386588 ft

Thanks, ceta!  Gonna go early and try to snag an ump or other field official.  Mjl- that's why I wanted to record a poi, so I wouldn't be flying over people or a stadium during a game.  My orbit, I hope, will be quite a large radius around the field so that I am not over people.  I'm not trying to get a close up.
2016-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules