Problem with phantom 2 vision plus V3.
2383 15 2015-1-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wilderg88.yahoo
New

United States

having a big problem with my vision plus V3.  i bought some new OEM props  and i was able to replace the first 3 with no problem but when i get to the last one i noticed that the prop would spin even tho i was holding the motor with the removal tool.   i made sure i was spining it in the proper direction but the prop just wont come off.  and now the bigger problem is that even if i was able to get the prop off i would probably need a new motor anyways because i would not be able to tighten the new prop. has anyone had this issue? what should i do?
2015-1-28
Use props
wilderg88.yahoo
New

United States

going to have to order a new motor. the shaft is not spinning is loose and thats why i cant take off the propeller. sigh
2015-1-28
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

This should be a warranty item I would think,
Try your dealer.
2015-1-29
Use props
droneflyers.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60709 ft
  • >>>
United States

Could just be the inside stripped on the threads of the old prop. If you are handy, try to remove it in pieces......the underlying threads may be fine.
2015-1-29
Use props
MacCool
lvl.3

United States

Isn't this more likely the prop hub spinning inside the plastic prop body? IOW, the problem is with the prop, not the motor shaft? Seems like you'd be able to just cut the prop off the hub with dremel, and grab the remaining hub with some pliers while stabilizing the motor.

How tight did you spin them on, anyway? You know that finger-tight is more than enough, right?
2015-1-29
Use props
kjkisatsky
lvl.3

United States

I don't even go finger tight, as they are self-tightening.  Just give them a spin until they stop on their own.  I've never needed a tool to remove them either.
2015-1-29
Use props
swomilan.email
lvl.4

Mexico

Yeah it's likely the propeller spinning around the hub part of the propeller, Apply some cyano acrylate instant glue to the flange joint area where it spins, that way you won't have to destroy the prop.
2015-1-29
Use props
wilderg88.yahoo
New

United States

i thought the same thing that it was the prop threads. but then i took the 4 screws from the motor out and while holding the hub and spinning the prop to loosen i could see the shaft moving with the propeller even tho i was holding the hub. is that suppose to be like that? i would think the shaft should be solid with the hub
2015-1-29
Use props
swomilan.email
lvl.4

Mexico

wilderg88.yahoo Posted at 2015-1-30 05:19
i thought the same thing that it was the prop threads. but then i took the 4 screws from the motor o ...

any photos or videos that you can post to show the problem?
2015-1-29
Use props
swomilan.email
lvl.4

Mexico

i thought the same thing that it was the prop threads. but then i took the 4 screws from the motor o ...

any photos or videos that you can post to show the problem?
2015-1-29
Use props
wilderg88.yahoo
New

United States

ill try and post a video now.
2015-1-29
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

kjkisatsky Posted at 2015-1-30 01:29
I don't even go finger tight, as they are self-tightening.  Just give them a spin until they stop on ...

A slight sidetrack on the original question,  but I always give them quite a physical tweak when putting them on.  I know they are self tightening but when stopping, the props still have some momentum and could come loose, causing an imbalance on next lift off.  Unlikely I know , but for me it is always a pre flight safety check-only takes about 8 seconds so is not worth debating- just thought I would mention it..
Cheers!
Rod
2015-1-29
Use props
trohhaug.broadp
New

Norway

Got big problems When i came home. Then it started to Flash green light When flying
On the other place they stayd green and red, not sure what the problem is?
2015-1-29
Use props
Jamie Hellmich
lvl.4

United States

You are correct, the shaft and "hub" (rotor) should be locked together.
2015-1-29
Use props
wilderg88.yahoo
New

United States

thank you jamie im uploading the video now. and im going to have to contact warranty about it.  here is the video    
as you can see there isint much left of the prop and still cant get it out. not that it matters because it looks like i need a new motor anyways
2015-1-29
Use props
trohhaug.broadp
New

Norway

Happy i send my Phantom Vision plus V3 back to the shop, don't wish flyaway, because of green light
Flashing When flying, because it maybe did not store homepoint, and was bad support anyway:@
2015-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules