flying side by side another pilot
644 6 2016-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mobeen.emmamall
lvl.1

South Africa

I am flying side by side with another P4 pilot. We are picking up many issues such as image transmission issues when both our drones are flying at the same time. Initially one drone would lose signal but not return to home as it is set to do. It would just hover where it is. After the last fw update it seems to have gotten better however we still lose image transmission.  I think dji has not tested the drones in this way!
2016-8-27
Use props
Nicola90s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3060869 ft
Italy

Hi! Are you losing the control signal or only the video on your mobile device? In order to trigger the RTH procedure the aircraft should be without the control stick signal for more than 3 seconds.
2016-8-27
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

When you lose the image signal, it does not mean you have lost control of the aircraft. It will not trigger RTH in the aircraft unless it loses the control signal. When you say it just hovers, it is waiting for you to give it a command.
2016-8-27
Use props
mobeen.emmamall
lvl.1

South Africa

Yes i suppose so feel kinda dumb did not think it through. Never the less i do lose image signal.
2016-8-27
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you have two transmitters on very similar frequencies very close together it is unavoidable that there will be some interference.
Move five metres or so apart and things should be normal.
2016-8-27
Use props
mobeen.emmamall
lvl.1

South Africa

Ok u will try that thanks
2016-8-27
Use props
jwt873
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

I have a friend with a P3.  We fly together quite often.  It's fun chasing each other around the sky.

As pointed out they work on, or close to the same frequencies. So yes, the range is greatly diminished because there is mutual interference.  It's unavoidable.   As labroides  points out, moving at least 5 meters from the other flyer will make a difference.  Another thing you might try is change the video channels from auto to manual.  Then fix each RC to a different frequency.
2016-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules