123Next >
15317 96 2014-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
airphlix
lvl.1

United States

Good afternoon,
My name is Mike and I am a Phantom 2 vision plus owner and a very happy one.
But today Ive got to say I am very upset with my unit. I was flying at my normal spot as I usually do on a buetiful Pittsburgh day, When all of a sudden my Phantom jolted to the left and at full speed descended and crashed, Now I did all my pre flight checks and calibration as Ive always done, made sure there was no inteference and all sats were up, and always do. I have now a small crack were the propeller screws are and im not sure if this will effect flight. I havent got to test the camera out to see if theres any issues with it, but Im preety sure it took a good hit. Now I am afraid to even fly my phantom. This cannot happen for I use this as a buisness tool, I really would like a new unit sent to me as being that I am not at fault and have brought you guys alot of buisness by getting atleast ten of my friends to purchuse these. I love my phantom but dont want this sort of thing happening, I know DJI will do there best to accomadate me. Please DJI allow me to continue to stay a loyal customer by doing the rite thing. I was even considering purchasing one of there flagship S900s. But am reconsidering now that Ive had this issue. Another issue I am having is with the onre of the batteries. Its only been charged about 8 times and now doesnt even charge to a full 100%, only up to 80% or less. This should not happen, I really do beleive Ive obtained a defective unit and will really appreciate DJI to replace. I will continue to promote these products with possitve feedback as ive always have.

Thanks DJI,
2014-9-29
Use props
stagehandny
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1613461 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well I must say Mike at least you got to put your hands back on your phantom as today I had the same problem as you just mentioned but it was on the shoreline and my Phantom is 100 feet offshore in the ocean. I have had about 15 miles of successful flights with the Phantom  with no issues apart  from the occasional hour glass circling where the compass was not being calibrated correctly so I landed recalibrate the compass and continue  flying successfully. For me today the only thing that was different was that I had the Phantom in the trunk of my car where there is the battery off to one side I believe that is probably what through the compass completely and even though I was able to calibrate the compass I think it was not correct, I will say that the calibration from the toggling of the switch to the rotation 360 and then again 360 with the unit facing down , correctly identified to me with the compass was running correctly. I have always been in the habit to send the unit up about 8 to 10 feet in front of me and  allow it to Show me it's  correctly that the GPS and compass was completely correct. It went up about 10 feet,hovered for less than two seconds and then it was like I had pushed forward stick and it just went straight out over the ocean I immediately switched into atti mode which stopped the forward travel ,but then when I tried to send it up to give myself some response time it then started to do a right-hand bend and nose dived into the ocean. DJI needs to address this problem as many owners us for coming to the same problem
2014-9-29
Use props
FromAdronesEye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93146 ft
Dominican Republic

wow! that two stories in the same day! Hope it's not a firmware problem, now im scare of taking off! hope you can this all fixed and hopefully you guys get a respond from dji!
2014-9-29
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

And why exactly could it be a firmware problem ?
The last update was in July and I have had zero problems.

2014-9-29
Use props
hd_ultra
lvl.3

United States

All I can say is that is really sad.  I hope you guy's get closure.
2014-9-29
Use props
DJI-JS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48940 ft
  • >>>
China

hi,
Please contact the nearest DJI regional office for the issue, we are willing to help you fly again.
2014-9-29
Use props
airphlix
lvl.1

United States

DJI-JS Posted at 2014-9-30 10:21
hi,
Please contact the nearest DJI regional office for the issue, we are willing to help you fly aga ...

Where is my closest regional office ?  I live In Pittsburgh Pa
2014-9-29
Use props
DJI-Sophie
lvl.2

China

airphlix Posted at 2014-9-30 11:04
Where is my closest regional office ?  I live In Pittsburgh Pa

http://www.dji.com/support  Please go to the link for detailed information.
2014-9-29
Use props
gary.dunnett
New

United Kingdom

Hi All,

My name is Gary, i live in the UK.  i have been flying my Phantom 2 + for about five weeks now  i bought it new and have had  no problems whatsoever then today i was flying around a new house project that i'm involved with taking a video.
i do this every couple of weeks to record the progress of the construction.
I had been flying for fourteen minutes when the phantom 2 just took a downward dive and smashed to the ground. the camera came off its gimbal  and ripped the ribbon connector and broke a couple of props
i  always do all the pre flight checks and calibrated the compass the wind was light and not anywhere near any power lines.
i tested the phantom when i got home and motors start and sound ok but camera need reconnecting and repairing.
just been looking on the web for help and came across this topic so i thought i would add my disappointing experience.

Happy landings

Gary

2014-9-30
Use props
stagehandny
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

hi,
Please contact the nearest DJI regional office for the issue, we are willing to help you fly aga ...

ive been trying to reach someone from DJI regarding this problem , as I know of at least 4 people who have had this same problem.You say your willing to get me up and flying again , how will this happen when at the present time I cant reach a person to talk to. I was about to buy a new Phantom , but then I thought about this and wanted to talk to someone about the problem, as I am into this over $2000 , with the product and the extras like the carbon blades , the blade protectors , the quick clip add ons for the blades , the backpack and the moverio bt-200 glasses.Ive been flying for 5 months and have at least 20 miles logged. what will DJI do for me
2014-9-30
Use props
DanBennett
New

United States

hi,

Have sent in a Phantom 2 with Zenmuse gimble to B&H over 8 weeks ago for repairs and they say you guys won't tell them when it will be ready? How long does it take?
2014-10-2
Use props
jjwags
New

United States

Well I'm glad to see a support forum.  I too have had sudden drops from the sky, and until today have been able to recover, or the landing was not damaging.

This has only happened since I last updated the firmware.  Never had death dives before that.

Today was bad.  Had 10 satellites, did preflight, took off and hovered fine for about a minute.  Started camera and ascended to about 150 feet and began panning.   No wind, 87% battery.  P2V starts to descend on its own - but I give it up throttle and it begins to climb again.  But before reaching 150 feet again, starts down - this time at full power.  Unrecoverable.  Through 3 trees to a bad landing.  Broken props, prop guards, and gimbal in 3 pieces.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE CURRENT FIRMWARE?  Can DJI help out with this?
2014-10-2
Use props
glenncartmill
New

United Kingdom

Hi Guys.  Can't believe you are all having this problem.  Its reports like this that are going to cause people to think twice before buying a Phantom.  I bought a Phantom 2 including Gimbal - took it for 2 flights but after reading many reports of Flyaways and DJI denying that there is even an issue (DJI usually say that the user didn't calibrate properly or it was other user error) I decided to return the Phantom 2 and received a full refund. The fun immediately went out of flying.  Just too worried that it would fly away or crash into something or someone.  Not worth the risk of losing the Phantom, Gimbal and GoPro. These things have huge potential but right now flying a Phantom is a huge risk.
2014-10-2
Use props
airphlix
lvl.1

United States

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS IS GETTING OLD^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
2014-10-2
Use props
airphlix
lvl.1

United States

airphlix Posted at 2014-10-3 06:17
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS IS GETTING OLD^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Come on DJI eventually your gonna loooose alot of custys...
2014-10-2
Use props
shawnincr
New

Costa Rica

airphlix Posted at 2014-10-3 06:18
Come on DJI eventually your gonna loooose alot of custys...

Thanks guys for posting your crash experiences. After reading them, I have decided to cancel my order for a Phantom Vision+
I have also asked my friend  to cancel his order as well...
Until DJI steps to answer these concerns, I will look elsewhere.  So that's two customers DJI lost today, ill be sure to let others know about these problems.
2014-10-2
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Airphlix - DJI told you to contact their nearest regional office, have you done that ? and what was the outcome ?
2014-10-2
Use props
jfields026
New
United States

Twice now I have been flying and my PV2+ suddenly descends.  Both times I was about 30 feet in the air, give or take a few meters.

First time I was at my friends house in the street, in a subdivision.  I was flying level, maybe going forward a little bit and then it suddenly descended.  I pushed up but it wouldn't respond.  I went forward thinking it was rotor wash and it did go forward but it never responded to my repeated attempts to go up.  It crashed hard onto the pavement breaking two blades.

Today I was flying over a building taking photos of a friends roof.  Again I was steady, not moving, and it descended on its own.  I tried to make it go up and it wouldn't respond.  I went forward and tried, no luck.  I went sideways and I thought it was done for but then it went back up.  I flew it a little longer and then landed it.

The first time I thought maybe there was interference from being in a subdivision filled with wifi but it was a different place and environment today.  I don't know if it's getting interference or if my controller needs calibrated or what.  It flies fine most of the time but then suddenly it drops.  When I say drops I mean it went down like someone was pressing down on the stick and I could not get it to stop or go back up.  It seems to respond to other commands fine but "up" doesn't work and it appears like "down" is being commanded.
2014-10-2
Use props
jjwags
New

United States

Exactly.  Mine too.
All calibrations checked on bench before the problem occurs.
2014-10-2
Use props
adioperator
lvl.1

Romania

Three days ago my phantom 2 + gimbal H3-3D flyaway.
Take off after the GPS fix and Home Lock confirmed. Flying about 30 seconds and then lost gps after it became unsafe flight. Brought to landing and flew 5 meters from me go in right side with motors at maximum without responding to commands. Crashed in 30-40 meters.
After that, i contact the DJI regional dealer and after consultation with the DJI they decided to send my Phantom in DJI Service from Germany.

Sorry for my bad English

2014-10-3
Use props
jjwags
New

United States

No response from DJI??

They praise their own customer service?? Bah!
2014-10-3
Use props
airphlix
lvl.1

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-10-3 06:37
Airphlix - DJI told you to contact their nearest regional office, have you done that ? and what was  ...

Emailed called still waiting
2014-10-3
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
United Kingdom

The DJI staff do seem to have gone missing lately from here.......
2014-10-3
Use props
opentoe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

Damn, this could be decision factor here. I can't afford to lose that kind of money. If it's 2 people it is just a coincidence, if it is three or more people then is most likely is a fact. What could be the faulty components here? Assembly issues from the factory? Quality control?
2014-10-3
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Well if you cant afford to lose it then model flying is not the hobby for you.
I don't see any facts on here, just peoples opinions and stories, some are different than others.
Zero problems for me
2014-10-3
Use props
adioperator
lvl.1

Romania

Just take a look here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1872000
2014-10-3
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Forum polls are useless as most people only join to moan about something.
Now I am not saying that the phantom has a zero failure rate, but I think if you went through all those answers 99% of them were pilot error from either not reading the manual or understanding the limits of the aircraft before flying.
2014-10-4
Use props
VIRG
New

Portugal

Hi Everyone!  Found this forum and understood I am not alone with a recent problem of not being able to control the device.

I recently bought a Phantom Vision2+ and I have been working with it very successfully, always going through all the procedures and calibrations before taking off.
Two days ago, after being on the air for some minutes, it suddenly came down with a speed as I never saw it before ( when you control it to descend it generally comes smoothly ) and then turned left approaching and contouring a building until I lost sight of it. The controls did not work and the feeling was someone was taking control of it ( how can I explain? like hijacking). I had to run fast to find it and finally found it around 15 meters above the ground and I strangely could get control of it and landed it safe. But it scared me a lot, as it looked like it was going to crash against a window of the building and hurt someone and me feeling totally impotent to avoid it.
For what I understand this is something happening globally and DJI for its credibility should professionally react immedaitely advising directly everybody what to do, and if this is a bug should  ask to bring the device back to their sellers for a solution, or develop a update firmware version with software to solve it and bring back the confidence for clients to use it safe.
To be very honest, since then I haven't been feeling confident again to use it, it's a important risky safety matter.
DJI , PLEASE  HELP urgently !!!
2014-10-4
Use props
VIRG
New

Portugal

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-10-4 14:05
I don't see any facts ...

The typical incompetent answer who does nothing to solve anything.
Some put their heads in the sand like ostriches and think that everything will be alright....
2014-10-4
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
United Kingdom

VIRG Posted at 2014-10-4 19:21
The typical incompetent answer who does nothing to solve anything.
Some put their heads in the san ...

Well it was your incompetence that caused the crash.
Coming on here crying about it will not solve anything either.
Trying to blame your failure on a bug is frankly clutching at straws when thousands of us fly without any issues every day.

But I am sure you feel better now that you have voiced your opinion......
2014-10-4
Use props
VIRG
New

Portugal

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-10-4 20:02
Well it was your incompetence that caused the crash.
Coming on here crying about it will not solv ...

Hopefully there was no crash so if you are the insurance company guy that prevents any complaint, don't worry, keep using it as we all are, and when it will happens to you I will be here to remind you of your very "professional" opinion....
2014-10-4
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thanks, I am not worried at all.
And also thank you for your "professional" compliment, although I am just another end user like yourself. However I do know the operating procedure and flight limits of my Phantom and therefore limit the risk of unexpected events happening in the future, but don't worry, I will keep you informed.
2014-10-4
Use props
jjwags
New

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-10-4 20:55
Thanks, I am not worried at all.
And also thank you for your "professional" compliment, although I a ...

Well I do consider myself an expert user, after hundreds of flights without mishap.  

Then suddenly - for no apparent reason - your bird gets a mind of it's own and decides to go into a powered death dive.  I am not incompetent nor do I believe that the others who have experienced this are either.

Quit acting like you're smarter, or better than us.  You are currently simply luckier.

2014-10-4
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
United Kingdom

So in your "expert" opinion what was the cause of your crash ?
The fact that you say you had this uncontrolled decent happen before and recovered leads me to ask why you continued to use an aircraft with this problem and not investigate the issue before ?
You think I act smarter and I am better than you, well that's your opinion, I have never said either in any of my thoughts on here.
As for lucky, well as I have said before, knowing how the aircraft works and what its limits are reduce the chances of having any problems occur.
2014-10-4
Use props
jjwags
New

United States

Ha.  My Mom used to tell us not to ever bother trying to argue with a "Know-It-All".

So right Ma!  This conversation is over.
2014-10-4
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Who is arguing ?
I thought we were having a friendly exchange of opinions on an open forum.
2014-10-4
Use props
opentoe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-10-4 14:05
I don't see any facts ...

I've read many posts/threads on here and I've noticed you seem to be the only one that's always arrogant and has this entitlement attitude. Why?
2014-10-4
Use props
johnwarr
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Well you said in your post that you could not afford to lose the phantom If you bought one, so I was just, as always, offering you my opinion that maybe you should not consider model flying as a hobby.
This is a forum for people to post their thoughts and opinions on the DJI products, it would be very boring if everyone always agreed with each other. A healthy discussion is the way to learn and move forward.
Glad I helped you in that respect...
2014-10-4
Use props
stagehandny
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-10-3 06:37
Airphlix - DJI told you to contact their nearest regional office, have you done that ? and what was  ...

The regional office is a retailer in NYC and they are not going to do anything , as why would they , they are in the biz to make money and will tell you that its not covered. Now try contacting DJI and you'll find that a hard thing to do as its like a merry go round .press #1 to go here and press #2 to go there and finally your back to the start menu again. When emailing you will get a different person answering , but I'm going to see what can be done for me and I will post the outcome ,
2014-10-4
Use props
DJI-JS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48940 ft
  • >>>
China

stagehandny@gma Posted at 2014-10-1 09:10
ive been trying to reach someone from DJI regarding this problem , as I know of at least 4 people  ...

Actually we don't recommend to replace the stock propellers to carbon fiber. The reasons being are:
1. the stock propellers are tuned to reduce vibration so the whole system will work in its optimized state, carbon fiber propellers are too stiff, and could create resonance when doing maneuver causing the system unstable
2. carbon fiber propeller are usually not balanced, so they could cause vibration by just spinning

Thank you
2014-10-7
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules