Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P2V+ Fly away and crash for no reason at all
15313 96 2014-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
joeztan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5660620 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ciprianboboc@gm Posted at 2014-12-29 05:41
"We're not idiots, I've taken steps to train myself on how to fly these Remotely Piloted Aircraft  ...

Hi ciprianboboc,

“Joe, did you get any answer or help from DJI?”

I communicated with my reseller and after two weeks they managed to get an RMA with the distributor (I’m in Australia). So with the RMS details, my Phantom got packed up and is in Melbourne right now.

I’m going to try this option before contacting DJI.

What I did several months ago was buy one spare Phantom 2 Vision+ (I purchased an additional unit for redundancy). I knew that since the warranty/repair service was probably going to be protracted and difficult I said screw it I’d rather spend money and have gauranteed availability. Not an ideal option I know.

“I have seen cases when GPS coverage drops from 8 to 6 in under 1 second interval.”

Yes, I was flying my second Vision+ yesterday and I was flying ATTI the whole way and this model defnitely drops 1-4 satellites in a couple of seconds when enabling video recording (that’s why I never fly GPS-ATTI when recording video). Yes this is even with the additional copper GPS shielding mod applied underneath to the GPS antenna and GPS cable!

“And also the reports of apparent lack of customer support are not good.”

I agree.
2014-12-28
Use props
molina_jayian
lvl.1

United States

Ihave the same problem here. Wtf!
I just bought p2v+!! 3 days Ago...
I follow all the check list,i did compass calibration before taking off!! I fully charge all the components of phantom.
I was steady hovering 35-40 feet. High 30 feet far. And im lock on 11gps Without touching any control stick..
Admiring how steady and stable this phantom, compared to my other quad.  Suddenly phantom dive sideways out of control then flip slam  to the ground.. feels like somebody controlling it.
Its not user error!! Im not even touching control stick!!
And Im not new flying quad. I was flying for two years now.
Please dji if you guys reading this!!!
I need help!! Please do something on you guys costumer support!!! My phantom is dead! Totally damage!!
Watch my $1600 money go to drain with unknown reason!!
2015-1-11
Use props
guymacdonald
lvl.4

Australia

Have posted the link for your thread with the other similar incidents.

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=3758

Regards

Guy MacDonald
2015-1-12
Use props
Percy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2027067 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Guys,
I have to say there definitely is a problem with the p2v+, The reason i say this is that i own the vision and the vision plus i can get constant GPS lock of anywhere from 7 - 10 satellites with the vision but the plus barely gets 6 most of the time 5, ( I have done comparisons side by side) there are lots of people complaining about this and it hasn't been resolved yet you just need to google it. If you know how to fly without GPS than its not really a problem but like me if you use it for waypoint photography like using Pix4d than its useless. Also when it went to land during a test flight to see what would happen when the battery went into go home mode from critical battery about 30cm from landing it took of sideways and crashed and the camera came away from the gimbal.I have submitted a request to DJI email support but haven't heard back yet. I hope that it gets resolved soon. I love the DJI stuff and haven't had a problem with my vision but in no way am i confident at flying the P2V+...
2015-1-12
Use props
LIPHANTOM
lvl.2

United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-10-4 14:05
Well if you cant afford to lose it then model flying is not the hobby for you.
I don't see any facts ...

Proverbs 16:18

2015-1-12
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Hi, would be interesting to know how many hours total flying you have done, and if you have done any kind of maintenance or inspections, inside the phantom especially. ?
2015-1-12
Use props
Percy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2027067 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I have probably flown 100 times on my vision but the plus is almost new and had the problem since new, I do regular maintenance and have replaced motors on the vision, also keep up to dye with software and firmware.
2015-1-12
Use props
gnixon2015
lvl.4

United States

percy's post supports my thoughts that there is something diff between the p2v and p2v+ causing more flyaways with the plus versus nonplus (like camera recording interfering with navigation for example).  i can in no way prove it but that is what my gut tells me when i read all the p2v+ flyaways and dont see that many on the plain p2v.  there could of course be ohter factors so im not trying to oversimplify it, just still feel that the model is a factor in the defect rates ive seen posts on.
2015-1-12
Use props
keis
New

Poland

DJI-JS Posted at 2014-9-30 10:21
hi,
Please contact the nearest DJI regional office for the issue, we are willing to help you fly aga ...

I just have exactly the same problem, my phantom 2(+ Gimbal Zenmuse H3-2D)  Fly away and crash for no reason, now is destroyed . I'm from Poland, can you help me and write where is the nearest DJI regional office. Please Help identical problem
2015-1-18
Use props
DJI-JS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 48940 ft
  • >>>
United States

keis Posted at 2015-1-19 04:06
I just have exactly the same problem, my phantom 2(+ Gimbal Zenmuse H3-2D)  Fly away and crash for ...

the one near you would be in Germany, +49 (0) 1803 354000
2015-1-19
Use props
ciprianboboc
lvl.2

United States

gnixon2015 Posted at 2015-1-13 08:42
percy's post supports my thoughts that there is something diff between the p2v and p2v+ causing more ...

I asked the same question multiple times, but I got no official answer from DJI.
It seems to me that P2V+ GPS signal is less reliable due to the extra complexity of the Phantom.
I've read about multiple approaches to mitigate that problem: add extra insulation foil/tape, replace the GPS antenna with a better one, moving the GPS antenna on top of the shell, etc. Extra insulation helped me, and after performing that mod I haven't experienced any more flyaway.
2015-1-19
Use props
brother.4.email
New

United States

so im f@% then just bought a p2 with the brushless gimbal flew fine for 3 days. updated the firm where today and it fell from the sky. i called and ordered another thinking maybe i hit a bird but now i think i might cancel the order.
2015-1-19
Use props
clintcraft.hotm
New

United States

Hi Mike,

I'm just curious, as I just bought a Vision plus and live near Pittsburgh what part of Pittsburgh are you from and where do you fly?  Could possibly use some pointers, although I'm out of town on work at the moment and haven't been able to fly yet due to the weather here, I could possibly meet up with you if you're still flying.
2015-2-13
Use props
gerd
New

United Kingdom

DJI-JS Posted at 2014-9-30 10:21
hi,
Please contact the nearest DJI regional office for the issue, we are willing to help you fly aga ...

Why not help me then?
2015-4-21
Use props
BRENT1956
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3686975 ft
United States

airphlix Posted at 2014-10-2 16:17
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^THIS IS GETTING OLD^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Then don't read them!
2016-2-29
Use props
BRENT1956
lvl.2
United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-10-4 02:44
Forum polls are useless as most people only join to moan about something.
Now I am not saying that t ...

I thought that too!, till it happened to me after 350 miles of flying time and distance, don't be so sure!!!
2016-2-29
Use props
BRENT1956
lvl.2
United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2014-10-4 00:05
Well if you cant afford to lose it then model flying is not the hobby for you.
I don't see any facts ...

I used to be a smart a&# res-ponder like you, then after 1.5 years and mega miles of flying, the same no reason flyaway happened to me, so I'd be real careful what you say
2016-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules