DJI inspire 1 pro x5 video signal loss please help
1684 5 2016-8-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
userf1b0a46095
lvl.2
Flight distance : 233199 ft
United States

So have had the DJI inspire pro x5 for about 2 months. I have never been able to fly more than 100 meters away without losing video signal. Even at home location  the video starts cutting out and bottom of iPad video turning green. Flying on a wide open golf course with nothing around. Under the HD menu If I switch my inspire from auto to custom and chose a single channel like 19 for instance and drop quality all the way down to 4mb I might can get 325 meters with no video dropout or glitches till that point. Why does auto channel create more issues than custom channel? We are having to chase it down the golf course in a golf cart as to not lose signal halfway to the hole. We have all firmware updated to the latest firmware but hasn't worked with any of the updates to this point. Brand new batteries, 3 different SD cards, have tried using iPhone 6 Plus, iPad mini 3, and other iPad versions as well. We have tried in different areas as well. Every hole is the same. Middle of nowhere in North Carolina. It's pointless if we have to constantly chase it in a golf cart and not worth the money. Any help please? Never had this many issues with our phantom 3. Thanks.
2016-8-27
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

When you loose the signal to the video does the HD bar graph show a weak signal ? Does the RC also show a weak signal at these short distances ?  

If you are not seeing the bar graph diminish and are still loosing the video signal then the Ipad are suspect .  Be sure to try an I pad air or pro these have very strong processors.

If the bar graph ( for either RC or HD )  is diminishing at less than 1 mile in a rural area then your system has a loose or broken antenna lead somewhere.

auto channel should work better in most cases as well.  I would try a I pad air/ pro  and if the problem goes away, you know it is the i pad , also get a new cable .

If the RC bar graph and Video HD graph is down to 1 or 2 bars at 100 yards away the problem is in the RC or aircraft. I dont loose any bars of RC or HD till at kleaast 2 miles out ino open areas.

Give this  a try and let us know

donnie

2016-8-27
Use props
jayredone10
lvl.4
United States

It is rare but check to see if one of the gold light-bridge cables have come off.
[img]https://forum22.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5BURL=http://s77.photobucket.com/user/jayredone10/media/0827161810a_resized_zps4mmcv1lv.jpg.html%5D[/URL][/img]
2016-8-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello userf1b0a46095,I'd suggest you to fly in another open area free of interference and adjust the antenna orientation when necessary. Please see the video tutorial below.And if still cannot fly more than 100 meters,you could contact the America support and send it in.
2016-8-29
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

jayredone10@yah Posted at 2016-8-27 17:16
It is rare but check to see if one of the gold light-bridge cables have come off.
[/URL][/img]

I think you are on the right track , sounds like an antenna problem, hell I get 1 mile easy in a congested  wi fi area and  just under 3 miles in open area.

something is definitely not kosher

donnie
2016-8-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just for the sake of testing, do you notice this with an Android device as well?
2016-8-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules