Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Shaky video after crash
1085 8 2016-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
homedad
lvl.2
United States

https://vimeo.com/user42083868/videosLate last year I had a minor accident where I was flying about 5 feet off the ground and my Inspire 1 clipped a low hanging White Pine branch and immediately flipped on it's back and landed in a deep pile of pine needles. The only damage was that the camera flew off with the ribbon cable attached. I put it all back together with the original parts but since then I've noticed a slight shake in the video image. I thought it was the isolators because everything else seems fine. If someone could offer some input on this I would appreciate it. It seems as if it's wiggling slightly left and right. Do you think it needs to go in? I've enjoyed it for about 9 months since the crash and everything else works fine.

2016-8-28
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Does it buzz at all ?  You could also try an IMU calibration followed immediately with a camera gimbal calibration, also you could take an air compressor and carefully and gently blow out the plural spaces on the gimbal Pan/tilt motors if say a bit of dirt or pine needles are in their.

If the above does not fix it, just send it in.
The video looks pretty good to me  , but SLOW down the Panning / Tilt speed  to about 30 ( speed on the Gimbal wheel )  The area you filmed is beautiful.  

donnie
2016-8-28
Use props
homedad
lvl.2
United States

I'll have to try those. No buzzing, nothing seems wrong with the bird or the camera. Everything is tight. Thanks BTW it was in Saugatuck Michigan.
2016-8-28
Use props
homedad
lvl.2
United States

Tried everything suggested but it is still shaky. I guess I'll send it in. Thanks for the input though.
2016-8-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

homedad Posted at 2016-8-29 06:34
Tried everything suggested but it is still shaky. I guess I'll send it in. Thanks for the input thou ...

A repair service would be the best course of action. You would be up and running in no time.
2016-8-28
Use props
homedad
lvl.2
United States

Just wanted to update all of you just so that you learn from my mistakes. I originally purchased my Inspire from Drones etc. along with crash insurance from them. They will cover any crash as long as you can recover the drone and send it to them to assess. I contacted them and they request that I send it to them. I did and even with using USPS it was close to $80 shipping with insurance. They determined that my problem was with the ginbal and that it would cost $604 to fix. I reminded them that I have insurance that I purchased through them. They asked for my insurance information and said that they aren't actually an authorized repair facility for Consumer Priority Service even though they sold me the policy. I called CPS to file a claim and they are now requesting that I send the entire Inspire and camera to a new repair facility. The insurance deductible is $250. I asked CPS why they need the entire Inspire if we already know that it's the camera that's at fault. They didn't want to take the word of another repair facility. So now I'm possibly looking at additional shipping charges in addition to probably another month wait. So the moral of this is call the insurance company first and ask them what to do. I'm thinking of just having Drones etc. send me everything back and buying a new camera from Amazon. It would probably cost me the same amount or an additional $100 but I would be back in the air by next weekend. Hope this helps others.
2016-10-9
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

homedad Posted at 2016-10-9 06:51
Just wanted to update all of you just so that you learn from my mistakes. I originally purchased my  ...

They should have informed you before you shipped it that they do not do the repairs for warranty work in house. Did you ask them before you shipped it that you had crash damage and the warranty that you purchased through them  ?  
This must be for an X5 camera correct ?  You could buy a brand new X3 camera  for 450  us dollars .  The 604 dollar repair estimate must have some other Items on the aircraft damaged  as well.

Thanks for the heads up on this .

donnie
2016-10-9
Use props
homedad
lvl.2
United States

No I didn't ask. I thought it showed up in my account and I attached my warranty number to the description of the problem before they asked me to send it in. I think their price was the camera $450, shipping $55 and Diagnostic fee and full function test  $99.00. Yep seems like they weren't paying attention to my original email when I included my warranty number. I'm going to see if they are willing to own their mistake.
2016-10-9
Use props
homedad
lvl.2
United States

They agreed to drop the Diagnostic fee and send it back to me. I'm satisfied with that.
2016-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules