Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jazzack222
lvl.1
Flight distance : 206867 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi Evernote
I'm new to the forum as well to flying dji product. I have a question. I've flown my phantom 3 prof a few times at the same location with no problems. Today however my controller and phantom keeps loosing connection and it goes into failsafe. When it gets closer I see that there is a swarm of bees around it. This happened several times and I assume this is the problem. Just wanted to if the bees would cause this problem and if anyone else has experienced this.?
Thanks.
2016-8-27
Use props
Cetaman
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha jazzack,

The bees are simple drones.  You are flying an intelligent drone. ----- Well, obviously there is a competition going on there!

Now, you know there had to be a joke in there somewhere!  It is not unusual for bees to attack Phantoms.  They make for some of the more entertaining videos posted on the Forum.  But, the big question is how many bees are jamming your signal?  We regularly get body parts and juices screwing up our Phantoms when they encounter bees.  This could very well be your problem.  You should find another location at least 1 km away and see if the problem is still there.

Let us know how it goes.  Post some videos of those Kamakazies!  Actually, bees are our primary pollinators and are under stress due to environmental concerns.  Hopefully finding another location until the "attack" season has passed will solve your problem.  But do let us know how it goes.

Aloha and Drone On!
2016-8-28
Use props
Ayo
lvl.1

China

Bees attacking Drones? Why would they do that? Maybe the sound of the propellors is drowning out their wing-humming communication system???
2016-8-28
Use props
Aussiemac 5
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

Thanks for the reply it is much appreciated. My phantom didn't have much blood and guts on it. There were though literally 1000's of bees around it though.  as soon as I turned the phantom off they dispersed so assume its the noise that sets them off. Unfortunately I didn't have the camera recording so I didn't get any footage.
2016-8-28
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

When you shut it off, it went both silent and dead still.  Their job was done - they had killed the enemy - so now back to work.
2016-8-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Please ensure that your antennas are in a more optimal position as well.
2016-8-28
Use props
Aussiemac 5
lvl.1
  • >>>

So I don't mean to sound like I'm whining but I just got back from flying my phantom 3 professional and I'm having connection problems again. Flying in a very large open oval area with no wind and great weather every time I would get out to around 70m from home I would lose connection and failsafe would kick in. Not only does the connection drop but all the satellites drop as well. The video stayed up. Anyone got any ideas?  I would of thought the distances should be way greater than 70m. Thanks.
2016-9-11
Use props
endotherm
First Officer
Flight distance : 503241 ft

Australia

Aussiemac 5 Posted at 2016-9-11 18:22
So I don't mean to sound like I'm whining but I just got back from flying my phantom 3 professional  ...

Is your aircraft a Phantom 3 Professional, or a Phantom 3 4K?  They are quite different.  You should get kilometers out of a Pro, the other aircraft is based on the Standard and the range can be relatively poor especially if flying in a noisy area polluted with RF and wifi signals.
2016-9-11
Use props
bob37
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260384 ft

I fly in wooded areas and had lots of drop-out problems until i got a pair of reflective "boosters".  They are just parabolic reflectors that direct all of the signal to the drone (rather than the 360 degrees from the bare antennas) and receive a focused beam from the drone.  It was so worth the $20!  
2016-9-11
Use props
Aussiemac
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

Sorry , it's a phantom 3 professional. So just got back again from flying and the same issues happening. Around 70m out the signal drops and failsafe kicks in. This is ridiculous. I'm in a massive open area, no metal or power lines around. The thing is only a couple of months old. Please dji what is going on.
2016-9-13
Use props
Aussiemac
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

Sorry to harp on but my 3dr solo is good for around 700m in the same location. My friend phantom 3 standard has no problem going over 500m. Did I say this ridiculous.
2016-9-13
Use props
我们仨
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Is it app says “Disconnected”when singal drops?can you give us a app screenshots when singal drops?
and then you'd better check the connection of the gimble and aircraft is well
70m is the height or the diatance?
It's better provide a app screenshots or a test vedio
2016-9-14
Use props
Aussiemac 0
lvl.1
  • >>>
Australia

The app stays open, signal bars drop and the too bar goes red and the phantom goes into failsafe. 70m is the distance out and it seems to happen at about 30m up. The video picture drops as well. Dji
Are raising a fault return so hopefully this fixes whatever is happening.
2016-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules