the aircraft is making noise when I turn it on , why??
1755 35 2016-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yomango35
lvl.2
Flight distance : 22979 ft
United States

hello all ,

the aircraft  is making noise when I turn it on , why??

Also  , when I turn on the  simulator and try to connect   , I have a message asking me to connect the RC to the  Aircraft  , but I have already connected the  RC to my tablet ...
so i am confused , please help me . I also using a HDMI cable ,so I can see it on my big screen TV .

Please  help me to fix the problems.

Thank you .

Yomango35.

2016-8-28
Use props
Divergenttravel
lvl.1
United States

What kind of noise is it making? is it when the blades start up or when you power on the unit..... any more info will help on the Noise issue.
For the connection what is your startup process? Do you start the remote, then the Drone.
Fly on!
2016-8-28
Use props
yomango35
lvl.2
United States

Divergenttravel Posted at 2016-8-28 12:05
What kind of noise is it making? is it when the blades start up or when you power on the unit..... a ...

yes the noise is when i start  the  Aircraft ... yes I turn on first the  RC then the Aircraft ...
and the light on the aircraft is a solid green ...so i guess I don't need an upgrade ...I have done it already ...
thank you for your help...so kind of you.
2016-8-28
Use props
mjlstudios
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

What Phantom do you have? The RC and A/C must be on to use the simulator.
2016-8-28
Use props
yomango35
lvl.2
United States

mjlstudios Posted at 2016-8-28 12:29

I have the Phantom 3 Pro , of course both are turn on RC & AC .

ok now the noise of the Aircraft is gone ,but now I have an error message on the  RC screen ;

Simulator  failure
                Simulator  is only available when connected to the aircraft .Turn on the aircraft and check the connection .

But I have the RC connected to the Tablet already , how can connect  the simulator  to the aircraft at the same time ,via the white cable ??

thank you for your help .
2016-8-28
Use props
mjlstudios
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I believe what is meant by the RC connected to the A/C is that the RC is linked (binded) to the A/C. Yes the RC is connected to your tablet, but is it linked to the A/C?
2016-8-28
Use props
yomango35
lvl.2
United States

mjlstudios Posted at 2016-8-28 12:58
I believe what is meant by the RC connected to the A/C is that the RC is linked (binded) to the A/C. ...

so based on the error message ....what do i do wrong ? what is the missing link ????
2016-8-28
Use props
mjlstudios
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Do you have a green light on the front of your RC and on the front of your gimble?
2016-8-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

What kind of mobile device are you using? If you are using an Android device, do you have USB Debugging enabled? For the noises, could you provide a small video of the issue?
2016-8-28
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

You don't seem to understand that the drone must be turned on when using the simulator.  Do a normal turn on procedure.  Device, RC, drone.  Do not START the drone, just turn it on.  Then you can use the simulator.  Yes, it is dumb having to have the drone turned on also (why waste the battery), but that's the way it works.
2016-8-28
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5484997 ft
United States

The noise you hear is the cooling fan inside the P3 and another fan on the gimbal.
2016-8-28
Use props
yomango35
lvl.2
United States

of course  ,  both are on... R/C   and A/C
2016-8-28
Use props
yomango35
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-28 19:51
What kind of mobile device are you using? If you are using an Android device, do you have USB Debugg ...

USB  Debugged enabled ?    Probably not .....what am i suppose to do next ??
2016-8-28
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

yomango35 Posted at 2016-8-29 12:53
USB  Debugged enabled ?    Probably not .....what am i suppose to do next ??

Can you please confirm what model tablet you are using? In addition, are you just trying to connect to the mobile device or are you still trying to split the screen via HDMI as well?
2016-8-29
Use props
yomango35
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-29 11:55
Can you please confirm what model tablet you are using? In addition, are you just trying to connect ...

Samsung Tablet A 8.0    yes I am trying to connect to my TV using a HDMI cable.
2016-8-29
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
Flight distance : 134580 ft
United Kingdom

Forget about the simulator and connecting to the tv for a mo.
If you try to use your P3 as if you are going to fly,does everything work together, ie fly.? Do your get your camera image on the tablet.?
If it does then your Rc is binded wth your Ac.
If the motors respond to stick movement but no camera image, then you must turn on debugging in your tablet settings.
Now try the simulator using your tablet as the screen. Does that work ok.?
2016-8-29
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

yomango35 Posted at 2016-8-30 00:52
Samsung Tablet A 8.0    yes I am trying to connect to my TV using a HDMI cable.

The simulator would not work properly via the HDMI output, you can only use the USB connection via your mobile device. Again, please ensure that USB Debugging is enabled which is found under developer options and that the USB connection is set to MTP mode. Once those are enabled, you would be able to connect to the app and the simulator.

In regards to the mobile device you are using, I'm concerned you may run into some performance issues, since you would need a minimum of 2 GB of RAM to properly run the GO app.
2016-8-29
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Is your P3 New? The P3 range doesnt have a HDMI port as standard. The HDMI module has to be fitted after purchase. If yours has it fitted already , then i would check the connections to it.
2016-8-30
Use props
yomango35
lvl.2
United States

I am losing patience with the drone .... now  in my apartment  i am trying to connect ..but after  doing the right thing... turn on the  RC and  the  Aircraft ..  I open the App DJI  and on the top ..it say: disconnected ....
how to I change that to connected ... what do i do wrong now ??? forget  about the simulator on my TV now ...
2016-8-30
Use props
yomango35
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-29 13:35
The simulator would not work properly via the HDMI output, you can only use the USB connection via ...

I am losing patience with the drone .... now  in my apartment  i am trying to connect ..but after  doing the right thing... turn on the  RC and  the  Aircraft ..  I open the App DJI  and on the top ..it say: disconnected ....
how to I change that to connected ... what do i do wrong now ??? forget  about the simulator on my TV now ...
2016-8-30
Use props
yomango35
lvl.2
United States

Hawks100 Posted at 2016-8-30 07:14
Is your P3 New? The P3 range doesnt have a HDMI port as standard. The HDMI module has to be fitted a ...

2016-8-30
Use props
yomango35
lvl.2
United States

04red6 Posted at 2016-8-28 22:39
The noise you hear is the cooling fan inside the P3 and another fan on the gimbal.

2016-8-30
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
United States

As it was stated, you are going to need a better tablet with more memory on board. The tablet you have does not meet the minimum requirements to run the app.
2016-8-30
Use props
yomango35
lvl.2
United States

04red6 Posted at 2016-8-30 21:26
As it was stated, you are going to need a better tablet with more memory on board. The tablet you ha ...

really?? what is the minimum memory requirement ??
Also , how do I turn on USB debugging on my tablet ? and How do turn on Media ( MTP) or Camera (PTP)????
Samsung Tablet A 8.0
2016-8-30
Use props
yomango35
lvl.2
United States

mjlstudios Posted at 2016-8-28 15:27
Do you have a green light on the front of your RC and on the front of your gimble?

Also , how do I turn on USB debugging on my tablet ? and How do turn on Media ( MTP) or Camera (PTP)????
Samsung Tablet A 8.0
2016-8-30
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
United States

It is in developer settings.
2016-8-30
Use props
yomango35
lvl.2
United States

04red6 Posted at 2016-8-30 22:18
It is in developer settings.

I cannot find the developer setting on my Samsung Tab A 8.0 tablet . (((((((
2016-8-30
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

RTFM... For the tablet and P3.
If that doesnt work, sell it
2016-8-30
Use props
PhanFran
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4804163 ft
  • >>>
Italy

yomango35 Posted at 2016-8-31 04:20
I cannot find the developer setting on my Samsung Tab A 8.0 tablet . (((((((

I have to agree with the earlier message... Clearly there are some basic facts about the drone and even about the tablet you use that you don't know at all.
All these things are clearly explained in the manuals of your drone and your tablet.
This forum is meant for people who have read and followed all the instructions in the manuals and still have problems.
So, please read, read a second and third time both the manuals of your drone and your tablet and you won't neeed to 'lose patience' anymore.
2016-8-30
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wonder if the Drones been put out of its misery yet
2016-8-31
Use props
Hawks100
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Who knows.
One minute it was just sat there with flashy lights, the next thing it was gone. {:4_181:}
2016-8-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

yomango35 Posted at 2016-8-31 09:41
really?? what is the minimum memory requirement ??
Also , how do I turn on USB debugging on my tab ...

The minimum requirement was provided on post #17. You can try to salvage a connection from this device by checking the following:
For most Android devices, Developer settings are normally under some sort of General settings. As for USB settings, the quickest way I've noticed to get to USB settings is to tap on the USB icon that appears when your mobile device recognizes a connection. You would need to refer to your tablet's manual in case you still cannot find it, as Android devices do have these settings available.

If those are set correctly, then you would try replacing the USB cable to make sure that's working properly. If you still cannot connect, then you would want to try a different mobile device.
2016-8-31
Use props
roger.crawford
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41568 ft
United States

There's one thing here that's sticking with me. He says he's using a HDMI cable. Connected to what?
2016-8-31
Use props
dubbin1
lvl.1

United States

Normally to get into the developer options you need to go to settings/about device/start tapping build number until is says you are now a developer. After that go back into settings and you will see developer options. This is where you will turn on USB debugging.
2016-8-31
Use props
04red6
lvl.4
United States

I think I am more frustrated than the OP.
2016-8-31
Use props
Adam Flurk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

Wowsers. This post when from 0 to 100 real quick. haha
2016-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules