DJI GO causing Samsung S7 to restart
67382 420 2016-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Presidente
New

Italy

ericnietodesand Posted at 2016-9-23 23:42
I have just tried to do what the screenshot says and it still restart my phone.

I tried the drone here at home and it works perfect
2016-9-23
Use props
leemerc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 865236 ft
  • >>>
Australia

tried it too..doesnt work.....still rebooting
2016-9-23
Use props
mino.delahaye
lvl.1

the first time my phone was rebooting, i had the developer settings completely off. in betweeen i turned it on to try some settings but whatever, phone keeps rebooting.
2016-9-24
Use props
userfdb17a1bb9
lvl.1

Germany

So this isnt the solution
2016-9-25
Use props
stefanovjob
New

Norway

Tired of ridiculously unstable DJI GO APP  ! I have the same problem three weeks and already i am so F*** angry !!!!!  Never but never buy again product from Samsung or DJI !
2016-9-25
Use props
AngYC
lvl.2

Malaysia

Looks like this is a widespread problem, happened to me today when I wanted to use my phone instead of ipad. It cause the phone to reboot suddenly even it's not connected with the remote controller. So I decided to google and found this topic

Edit: I'm able to reproduce the sudden reboot with some specific video in DJI Go Editor

2016-9-25
Use props
lightningshark
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1398 ft
Australia

There are multiple 'patches' of 6.0.1 for the S7.   I'm running an earlier 6.0.1 (which I downgraded using the steps in an earlier post) and this fixed the problem..

The point of me saying this is that 6.0.1 is not enough to know whether you are on the firmware that has the problem or not...(I actually suspect the issue might be in the 'kernal' part of the firmware package - but it's only a guess)

2016-9-25
Use props
ericnietodesand
lvl.1

Spain

I think that we should make a little bit of presion to samsung to solve this problem, I'll try to make a video showing the issues and share it with samsung.
AngYC I also have this problem without opening the app of DJI, only playing the videos recorded with the phantom that I made before this problems, it also restarts the phone in less than a minute. I also uninstalled the DJI app and it keeps restarting when viewing the videos.
2016-9-26
Use props
leemerc
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

its actually a very skilled virus from Apple {:4_142:}
2016-9-26
Use props
userfdb17a1bb9
lvl.1

Germany

kurwa masz!!!!
2016-9-26
Use props
AngYC
lvl.2

Malaysia

I'm able to confirm this is related to the video decoding, if there is any signal interference the video feed will be broken temporary and android try to parse it and it will crash.

It happens on any video player you used or DJI Go app, unless you disabled hardware video decoding.

I used VLC and go to "Preference" and disabled hardware decoding then it's able to play the video normally.

I have a video that will cause the phone to crash (reboot) if you guys need it let me know.
Screenshot_20160926-215523.png
2016-9-26
Use props
juanpf
lvl.1

Argentina

it's the same in my samsung s7. It seems to be a problem with the video. The phone also reboots when using DJI go for editing
2016-9-28
Use props
arkzantets
lvl.1

Philippines

Hi everyone. There is a new software update from samsung. Anyone tried if this patch solved the s7 rebooting problem?
Screenshot_20160929-161914.png
2016-9-29
Use props
ericnietodesand
lvl.1

Spain

I hope this update will fix the problem! In spain I have not received any update, tell us if this solve the problem please!
2016-9-29
Use props
teoretic
lvl.1

Spain

ericnietodesand Posted at 2016-9-29 11:29
I hope this update will fix the problem! In spain I have not received any update, tell us if this so ...

I live in Spain and I could make the update. Go to Settings - Your Device  - and check updates manually. I will check the drone today. Can't wait.
2016-9-29
Use props
aerialpicturean
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1322064 ft
South Africa

teoretic Posted at 2016-9-29 13:38
I live in Spain and I could make the update. Go to Settings - Your Device  - and check updates man ...

Please let me know if it solved the problem
2016-9-29
Use props
AngYC
lvl.2

Malaysia

Tested, still the same with the latest 20mb+ updates
2016-9-29
Use props
teoretic
lvl.1

Spain

AngYC Posted at 2016-9-29 14:26
Tested, still the same with the latest 20mb+ updates

THat's a bummer....I will still test it though and let you know. The weird part is that yesterday the drone worked perfectly after a few restarts of the S7. So well that I continuously recorded 18 minutes of footage. I have no clue why it worked....
2016-9-29
Use props
ericnietodesand
lvl.1

Spain

teoretic Posted at 2016-9-29 13:38
I live in Spain and I could make the update. Go to Settings - Your Device  - and check updates man ...

I have tried this at the morning and also now and I still don't have the update available
WhatsApp Image 2016-09-29 at 16.36.22.jpeg this is my last uptdate of the S7, probably you have the edge version?
2016-9-29
Use props
ckwai1978.yahoo
lvl.1

Malaysia

Last update did not work. S7e still reboots. {:4_173:}
2016-9-29
Use props
uygar2580
New

Turkey

I have too restarting problem on my S7 Edge too. But i need to fly tomorrow. Just tried my S7 edge to if it still restarting. 15 minutes passed, theres no problem so far. Its working without any problem. Developer settings enabled. No settings were changed. Can anyone share their developer settings ?
2016-9-29
Use props
teoretic
lvl.1

Spain

Tested with the update. It still reboots. My drone also looses signal very often and it is overall a mess - I can't use it much at all. Sometimes though it works perfectly - good signal, no reboot of the phone. I have no clue why. I noticed that while in "follow me" mode the phone never reboots....
2016-9-29
Use props
AngYC
lvl.2

Malaysia

You mentioned "follow me" mode works, maybe that's because the drone is near you and the video feed doesn't get interrupted.

So....

What DJI can do: Release a new update that doesn't send broken video feed/frame to android system?

What Samsung can do: Release a new update that fix the broken media server? Hardware decoding? that crashed the phone

What you can do:
Use another device or downgrade your firmware pre samsung cloud
2016-9-29
Use props
Equigs
New

Ireland

My s7 worked perfectly on litchi with my i1.  On last phone update the phone started rebooting when connected to i1.  Can't solve it
2016-9-29
Use props
userfdb17a1bb9
lvl.1

Germany

A user of another website has explained,that he tried to set off the gps signal in his s7 and has no reboots,nothing. After set gps on,he instantly has a reboot. So this maybe is a problem with gps signal ?!

German source,translatet by myself. See post from today
http://www.android-hilfe.de/thema/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-nach-dem-update-auf-die-neueste-fw-august-2016-neustart-des-smartphones-bei-benutzung-der-dji-go-app.791534/
2016-9-29
Use props
teoretic
lvl.1

Spain

AngYC Posted at 2016-9-29 21:26
You mentioned "follow me" mode works, maybe that's because the drone is near you and the video feed  ...

In follow me mode the drone is usually much further away from me than where it is when I get the reboot. For me it doesn't seem to have anything to do with the video recording. I find no patterns at all. The only thing is that in follow me mode it never reboots the phone. At least not so far - 5-6 attempts. I get phone reboots even when the drone is 5m away from me. DJI told me to send them the drone for inspection, but they lost my RC when I sent it to them and I had no drone for 2 months until they sent me a new RC that made little to no difference when it comes to signal loss.
2016-9-29
Use props
leemerc
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Turning off the GPS on the phone has made no difference, I still get re boot almost immediately.
2016-9-29
Use props
leemerc
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

I got to wonder who the hell would buy the dji mavic if you have a Samsung S7?
2016-9-30
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

Well that's just great... after my S6 kept overheating and I nearly lost my P3S today due to the screen going dark, I upgraded to an S7.

It's 2am and no flying but so far I've tried simply connecting via the Go app, with no problem, but that was just for a few seconds to make sure it works....

Over the last 14 months I've deeply loathed and despised my Sh^t6, finally get rid of the POS, somewhat reluctantly try again with Samsung... and now it seems it's a major problem, and I haven't even had it a whole day?

That's it, done, my last ever Samsung.
2016-9-30
Use props
teoretic
lvl.1

Spain

I can confirm that even in follow me mode the S7 restarts...the only positive thing is that the drone hovers until the phone restarts and you start the app again. I, again, almost lost the drone because of restarts. The drone was 200m away and not visible with the naked eye as I was flying based on the video stream, and once it restarted I had to wait until the phone booted so I can see where in the world the drone is to bring it back home. This is so frustrating....I thought that one of the best smartphones out there would properly work and be tested for such pieces of software....
2016-9-30
Use props
uygar2580
New

Turkey

Just bought Galaxy tab S2 T713, problem solved
2016-9-30
Use props
Jok178
lvl.1

Australia

leemerc@bigpond Posted at 2016-9-30 20:45
I got to wonder who the hell would buy the dji mavic if you have a Samsung S7?

I was just about to cancel my Vantage Robotics preorder and buy Mavic, but I have an S7
I bought this phone and goggles a month ago to fly FPV with my Parrot Bebop, a week after and I am plagued by the same problems, it is not just DJI drones.
I have also discovered that it is not just video streaming, if I have it connected via wifi and do not have the app on it will still restart the phone.
2016-9-30
Use props
userfdb17a1bb9
lvl.1

I also bought a tablet, it works absolutly great with the Samsung Tab 4 7.0
And its much more fun,seeing more
2016-10-1
Use props
smitibike
New

Taiwan

SAMSUNG has new upgrade,how about the result ?
2016-10-2
Use props
Maxim.Rast
lvl.1
Belarus

smitibike Posted at 2016-10-2 16:47
SAMSUNG has new upgrade,how about the result ?

I've tested flying after today's update... reboots are there
Also tried to switch off GPS, the same no luck
2016-10-2
Use props
Blorby
New

Israel

I can confirm it's only a samsung S7 issue
i'm replacing my S7 with HTC - cheaper then replacing my P4 with some junk.
edit:
the problem isn't with DJI software as the litchi software makes the S7 reboot (works fine on HTC).
I think samsung don't care about DJI users as we're small in numbers - it's a waste of time to fix the problem......
my suggestion is trading your S7 to something else (any other android wil be fine)
2016-10-2
Use props
Jok178
lvl.1

Australia

Blorby Posted at 2016-10-3 11:23
I think samsung don't care about DJI users as we're small in numbers ...

As far as I can tell it is not just DJI, it is all models drones
2016-10-2
Use props
yoricknicholls
lvl.2
Flight distance : 790758 ft
Vanuatu

• It's a SAMSUNG only problem.
  • It occured following the S7 firmware update around July-August (for me being in the South Pacific, each region has a different release date).
  • We may have to wait eternally for a fix from SAMSUNG as they have likely not given this any attention whatsoever (for various reasons including not being worth their time).
  • This is not to say SAMSUNG is terrible. Every dog has its day. But it means we're at a sucky impass and we should draw a line and take action instead of waiting.
  • DJI can't do anything at this stage aside from dedicate manpower to analysing the problem and trying to adjust DJI GO for compatibility.
  • That too may not occur as DJI may not see the point if SAMSUNG will alter their firmware yet again in due time.
  • This problem will not be fixed by using LITCHI. Both apps demand the same resources and provide similar material. So SAMSUNG's update still mucks this up.

SOLUTION #1: Use ODIN to revert to a previous firmware version of 6.0.1.
Option#1 has high risk/high reward. Just don't mess up the downgrade or you risk screwing up your device. Suggest taking it to an expert unless you're very confident. BACKUP everything prior. Make sure to disable automatic updates, and only update once the community confirms the fix is in effect.
A factory reset would not work. Many have tried. The phone resets but updates remains, leading you back to the issue at hand.

SOLUTION #2: Sell the S7 and choose a new device, that is until the S7 issue resolves itself in time.

I've borrowed a cracked screen S5 Mini in the meantime, but I will try option#1 once I've built up knowledge and confidence in the ODIN procedure. Or have a very experience person do it for me. Kinda stuck in the South Pacific here so may have to solo this...

2016-10-2
Use props
gmaiani62
lvl.2
Flight distance : 464531 ft
Italy

yoricknicholls Posted at 2016-10-3 07:55
  • It's a SAMSUNG only problem.
  • It occured following the S7 firmware update around July-August  ...

• I probably will open a new thread for that, but I want also to give a quick contribute here. I had a similar problem 2 days ago.
    Differences from this thread :
    1 - I use a tablet Nexus 7 updated to Marshmallow (no samsung devices)
    2 - Over about 40 flights, it happened only one time to have the tablet rebooting.
    3 - The episode happened after an attempt to test the "Follow me mode".
    It took a century to have the tablet restarted.
    The flight was not recorded in my DJI Go app.
    I had the craft hoovering near me... i have no idea if it was for the wind, but it seemed quite "shaky".
    I would like to know what to do in a similar situation if the craft is far. I guess the button RTH could be the solution.
    2016-10-3
    Use props
    9above
    lvl.2
    • >>>
    Greece

gmaiani62 Posted at 2016-10-3 11:43
    I probably will open a new thread for that, but I want also to give a quick contribute here. I had ...

I had the same problem yesterday with Sony-Z3 phone (listed in DJI's compatible devices). The phone just changed to USB-charging mode by itself and I had my P4 hovering over a huge rock (Meteora - Greece) 1 km away from me and I just lost 10 years of life. RTH worked flawlessly though.. few.. thanx phantom =)
    Screenshot_20161003-125424.jpg
    Screenshot_20161003-125640.jpg
    Screenshot_20161003-125656.jpg
    Screenshot_20161003-125710.jpg
    2016-10-3
    Use props
    Advanced
    You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules