67364 420 2016-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Silvestrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 464531 ft
Italy

9above Posted at 2016-10-3 11:04
I had the same problem yesterday with Sony-Z3 phone (listed in DJI's compatible devices). The phone ...

Nice shots. I went in Meteora 25 years ago.
BTW, before the episode with the Nexus 7 I used a Sony Xperia Z2 and after a while I was almost regularly getting a message that was saying something like "the device (the phone) is consuming more energy than the usb recharging unit can provide" ... sorry, I can't remember the exact phrase but I hope the meaning is clear. Anyway, even if it was a recurrent message with the Xperia Z2, that phone never reboot, while the Nexus 7 did it two days ago... I felt very nervous.
I wonder if a quick swap between two devices having both installed DJI Go App would represent a solution to extreme situations like the one happened to you. In my case, if the Nexus 7 starts to reboot when the P4 is flying, I would try to replace it with the Xperia Z2, thus avoiding to rely on the RTH.
2016-10-3
Use props
quequeparodi
New
  • >>>
Argentina

ericnietodesand Posted at 2016-9-29 22:40
I have tried this at the morning and also now and I still don't have the update available
this is ...

Some one had solve this problem ?

with s6 there was no problem, but s7 make´s it too danger the flight

alguien a podido solucionar este problema ?

con mi antiguo s6 no tenia problemas pero con el s7 es imposible el uso
2016-10-3
Use props
teoretic
lvl.1

Spain

Tested with a 150$ phone: Bq Aquaris HD, worked without a problem today. My Samsung S7, for which I invested 600Euros to change from the old BQ Aquaris especially for the drone because in the past the BQ also had issues, now reboots every time. So, I bought a very expensive and well known phone to make sure it works properly with the drone, but now my old phone is the only one that works. Such a bummer....I will use my old phone for flights until Samsung solves this issue. Maybe even DJI can release a patch for samsung S7 users to stop the app from restarting the phone.
2016-10-3
Use props
teoretic
lvl.1

Spain

By the way: is this an issue with S7 and DJI Phantom 3 Standard? Or  does it happen for other DJI drones?
2016-10-3
Use props
juanpf
lvl.1

Argentina

I do not know if already mentioned in this post, but I've seen flight logs are not stored on flights in which restarts the s7
2016-10-3
Use props
ristokotkas
New
Estonia

S7 and P4 combo fully updated crashing to restart like a mad man.

Scary when you are 4 km from home
2016-10-3
Use props
leemerc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 865236 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Will this issue be resolved before the mavic starts shipping?
2016-10-3
Use props
AngYC
lvl.2

Malaysia

Here's the video file that will cause your phone to reboot in broken firmware, even you play it with samsung native video player

https://app.box.com/s/wcvhnrf6scgx3xfytw6nzofe0n0bom9r
2016-10-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

leemerc@bigpond Posted at 2016-10-4 03:37
Will this issue be resolved before the mavic starts shipping?

It is not a DJI issue, it is a Samsung issue. DJI has urged Samsung to try and resolve it ASAP.
2016-10-3
Use props
leemerc
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Ken............call me dumb but as I understand Samsung make phones and provide the software to make them operate with their apps and 3rd party apps.
DJI make one of these 3rd party apps. After the last Samsung update everything else on the phone seems to work fine for me .....EXCEPT DJI (plus Litchi etc)
So Ken your telling me DJI are just saying tough luck to all those suckers out there with our expensive drones that can't fly because our app wont work on the latest Samsung phone?
We are hoping DJI would be working WITH Samsung to work out a solution, not just point the finger.
Nobody from DJI has advised if the new Mavic would be in the same boat?
2016-10-3
Use props
vpTutYoGqUQ7
lvl.1

Canada

leemerc@bigpond Posted at 2016-10-4 01:01
DJI Ken............call me dumb but as I understand Samsung make phones and provide the software to  ...

I agree, I am concerned. I use an S7 and I have ordered the Mavic. I had no idea until now that the S7 and S7 Edge were the only recent phones that have a problem with the dji go app.
My only other phone is an Asus Zenfone 2 that I have lying around.
2016-10-3
Use props
ristokotkas
New
Estonia

AngYC Posted at 2016-10-4 07:22
Here's the video file that will cause your phone to reboot in broken firmware, even you play it with ...

LOL, yep, S7 reboots with that MP4 file
2016-10-4
Use props
vpTutYoGqUQ7
lvl.1

Canada

ristokotkas Posted at 2016-10-4 02:35
LOL, yep, S7 reboots with that MP4 file

I just tried that video file on my S7 and it runs fine *phew*...looks glitchy, but no crashes or restarts.
version G930W8VLU2API1
2016-10-4
Use props
9above
lvl.2
  • >>>
Greece

A guy in phantompilots says that he found a solution.. what do you think?
http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... .90035/#post-947546
2016-10-4
Use props
us100
lvl.1

Ukraine

I turned to the service center Samsung
will require money, returned or replacement smartphone
2016-10-4
Use props
uygar2580
New

Turkey

I think, we just sit and wait the new 7.0 Noughat update for S7. I should release in 1-2 months. Use different devices for your emergency businesses. I bought a Galaxy tab S2, its fine and better.
2016-10-4
Use props
leemerc
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

us100 Posted at 2016-10-5 05:41
I turned to the service center Samsung
will require money, returned or replacement smartphone

Dont know how you could return it to Samsung? The phone is working fine its the DJI app that is not working?
2016-10-4
Use props
javgutierrez14
lvl.1

Spain

quequeparodi@gm Posted at 2016-10-3 21:58
Some one had solve this problem ?

with s6 there was no problem, but s7 make´s it too danger the  ...

I said how to fix it on page 2.
you have to put the last version that worked before the last update would cause reboots.

I put the upgrade patch 1 June 2016 that worked perfect with DJI go.
flash is very simple and only takes 5 minutes warranty does not lose either.
2016-10-4
Use props
yoricknicholls
lvl.2
Flight distance : 790758 ft
Vanuatu

javgutierrez14 Posted at 2016-9-18 08:16
hello all from Spain.
same problem in a s7, G930F after updating the s7 restart problems.
You can se ...

Hi mate,

I'm downloading the Mauritius based firmware as it matches my phone's build, but... Are all those versions available really what we need to jump back 1-2 updates? Their dates (for most being late August onwards) seem to indicate I'd simply be reinstalling that faulty firmware all over again. With an apparent 2.1GB of download, I want to be super sure I'm not wasting my time as I've only got 1.5MB of speed here.

How can I be sure I'll be downloading an older version of the firmware pre-late august
(which is when my firmware got updated)? Is there maybe another site offering older versions?
2016-10-4
Use props
9above
lvl.2
  • >>>
Greece

Has anyone tried to deactivate overlays for dji go app? It's a common issue for most of the apps that insist their users to do so and as it's samsung only feauture (I think) maybe conflict with the dji go app.. -imho.. sorry if I'm missing something from previous posts-
2016-10-5
Use props
us100
lvl.1

Ukraine

leemerc@bigpond Posted at 2016-10-5 03:24
Dont know how you could return it to Samsung? The phone is working fine its the DJI app that is no ...

if we all who are here in the forum asked the service center Samsung
the problem is solved
2016-10-5
Use props
gui.fethai
lvl.1

Thailand

Who try last update today.
I just update and test by running the broken VDO. file
located on last page.
It can run without restarting problem.
Who can test with actual drone, please.
2016-10-5
Use props
stavrossid
lvl.1
Flight distance : 334570 ft
Greece

teoretic Posted at 2016-10-3 18:31
Tested with a 150$ phone: Bq Aquaris HD, worked without a problem today. My Samsung S7, for which I  ...

Imagine that I have problems with my Iphone 6+ and at a friend's 60$ android phone 2years old,it works perfectly....

I have started loosing faith on Dji products.Having problems with both my Phantom 3s that flew great before the last update,and the Osmo Mobile that I bought before 2 days.
2016-10-5
Use props
Hulksta
New

Australia

Anyone want to buy a P4?
2016-10-7
Use props
Hulksta
New

Australia

Two months waiting for a fix!

#djifailedagain
2016-10-7
Use props
jimmy.burk
New

Spain

I have same problem! really frustrating, hope samsung does an update, if anybody finds the solution please spread it!
2016-10-8
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail.

We have received your email and noted your concern. We are sorry to hear that you are facing an issue with your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

With regards of your query, we will highlight this issue to our respective department in order for them to investigate this issue more thoroughly of the DJI Go application's issue on the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge which is dangerous due to the device keeps rebooting when using the Drone Camera during flight.

In the meantime, we would like to provide a troubleshoot for your device. Firstly, do tap the Settings>Application>Application Manager>More>Reset Apps Preferences. Then, back to Settings>Storage>Clear Cached Data.

Thank you for writing to us and we look forward to be of service to you soon. Should you need any help or have further queries, please do contact us, Samsung Malaysia Careline at 1800-88-9999 (24 hours).

Alternatively, you can choose to connect with us on your mobile device via mySamsung.

mySamsung helps you to easily set up, manage and optimize your Samsung smart phone. It offers a wealth of tips, tricks and carefully selected content for you.

It also provides easy access to Samsung customer service when you need help and be the first to be updated about promotions or special privileges.

In an effort to understand our customers’ needs, we are conducting short surveys at the bottom section of our email to rate the promptness and quality in terms of correspondence.

We would be most appreciative if you would select the appropriate radio button to rate the level of satisfaction you have received from this very email and any preceding call pertaining to this email only.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you & best regards,
Samsung (M) Electronics Customer Service
Samsung Careline #1-800-88-9999

So as useless as you'd expect really. DJI make the app causing the phone to reboot.It's a DJI issue.
2016-10-8
Use props
AngYC
lvl.2

Malaysia

I'm sure it's Samsung firmware issue, the support email from Samsung is just some generic response, can anyone send them the broken video file ask them to forward to the developer team together with this forum link
2016-10-8
Use props
Hulksta
New

Australia

6 weeks on and nothing apart from finger pointing.... neither of them are interested in fixing it.

I suggest we hit them where it hurts and spread the word around forums and social media... if it hurts sales they might look into a fix.. until then they are basically telling us to f**k off.
2016-10-8
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

Yep, generic response from Samsung and we're getting an equally vague response from DJI.

Yesterday Ken said someone had an update that fixed the problem, but with so many threads across different forums I don't know what the current status is supposed to be. There's no official statement from DJI.

I notice the Litchi app states that some phones, inc the S5, have to have only Go or Litchi installed, you cannot have both on the same phone. I presume whatever the issue was it resolved with the S6 but is there anyone with S7 rebooting issues that ONLY has Go or Litchi installed?

And again, if Litchi are smart enough to include a warning on the splash-screen about known issues with certain phones, why isn't DJI warning users of S7s?
2016-10-8
Use props
Hulksta
New

Australia

I only have the go app on my s7... thereg was an update of the go app and s7 firmware back when this started, i also had an update on the P4 itself... who knows which one is to blame but this finger pointing routine of dji & Samsung is not looking for a fix!
2016-10-8
Use props
gui.fethai
lvl.1

Thailand

As I mention above, i just updated my S7 about 2 days ago then, i test with that broken VDO. file. It can run properly with no restart. Yesterday, I just try with my dji-go / p3 adv. All 2 flights running without restarting at all. I also try many function of flying, take photos/VID. It look like the problem was cleared. O.K., I'll try more flight to check.
20161008_230308.png
2016-10-8
Use props
9above
lvl.2
  • >>>
Greece

Where so you live? U am in Greece and I have no updates since August
20161008_193743.png
2016-10-8
Use props
John D
New

United States

I have an unusable drone too!

I have a brand new P3P and a brand new S7.

Something in the DJI App is causing the S7 to restart (The phone never restarts with any other app working....unless it is Litchi)

The phone restarts sometimes before takeoff and sometimes just after takeoff but in either case it means I can not effectively fly.

Reading through this depressing thread, I come away with the impression that both sides are blaming each other. DJI seem to be saying that their app works on other platforms (True). Samsung seem to be saying that their phone does not restart with any other app (True)

With both sides passing the buck the only losers are us customers who are left with an unusable drone.

In my opinion it should be up to DJI to work WITH Samsung to understand exactly why this is happening and what the solution is. We consumers can not do this and at the moment feel frustrated by the total lack of customer care on both sides. DJI....you must set up a dedicated team to work with the worlds most popular phone maker to solve this problem.
2016-10-8
Use props
DroneCityYT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 259042 ft

It also happens with the s6 edge
2016-10-8
Use props
leemerc
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Whats happened to our friend DJI Ken? DJI and DJI Ken are ostriches, they stick their head in the sand till the problem goes away!
2016-10-8
Use props
nikos.rekaris
lvl.2
Flight distance : 758766 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Same for me with the Dji go and samsung s7 edge.I notice that into the house its working no crashes at all,outside just restarting all the time.I doubt that Samsung do something about dji is a smaller company that needs to adjust its software to work with one of the most popular telephones out there.
2016-10-9
Use props
Rek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 758766 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

teoretic Posted at 2016-10-3 17:32
By the way: is this an issue with S7 and DJI Phantom 3 Standard? Or  does it happen for other DJI dr ...

It is with All
2016-10-9
Use props
mene62374
lvl.2
Flight distance : 249590 ft
United States

I hope i'm not jinxing myself but i have had no problems with my S7 and P3S.  Here is what firmware i'm running.  I have turned off the automatic download on my S7 though because if i have to tell me wife that i can't fly my brand new drone (2 weeks old) she will literally kill me.  Sorry i don't know why the images are so big.

Screenshot_20161009-093133.png
Screenshot_20161009-093141.png
2016-10-9
Use props
leemerc
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Drone maker DJI's new Apple partnership inspired by customer crossover
By Neil Hughes       
Wednesday, March 02, 2016, 09:47 am PT (12:47 pm ET)

The majority of people who buy a DJI product are already invested in the Apple ecosystem, and use Apple devices to control, shoot and edit aerial footage from DJI drones, making the new partnership between the two companies a natural fit.

somebody please tell me this is not a directive of Apple to DJI to stuff up the DJI Go app on all android devices????? starting with the Samsung S7?!
2016-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules