Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI GO causing Samsung S7 to restart
67297 422 2016-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf45ae077
lvl.4
Flight distance : 133287 ft
United States

May not be related to all of the S7 problems: My Samsung Tab S started rebooting constantly and I investigated an android column online. After eliminating FW as the issue they recommended uninstalling apps starting with the most recent installed. This solved my restart problem.
2016-11-13
Use props
Τranaee
lvl.2
  • >>>
Greece

BPJG is out today in Greece. I will upgrade later. Anyone has upgraded to that firmware already?
2016-11-15
Use props
fans8d664145
lvl.1
Flight distance : 345755 ft
Croatia

Mine is Galaxy S7 G939F firmware G930FXXS1BPJ1 security patch from october and non of solution works. Rebooting like hell every time
2016-11-15
Use props
Τranaee
lvl.2
  • >>>
Greece

I saw the "video" here in Greece and BPJG seems to work without rebooting. Never ever before in my whole life I anticipated more to watch the end of a 16 sec video. =)
Cheers everyone I think case is solved. Just wait for the latest firmware.
There are people out there, believe me, beeing pissed of from DJI far more than us. Those waiting out there in the cold for their prepaid mavics having sold their brand new phantoms just for the hype..  ffff....
Screenshot_20161115-194632.png
2016-11-15
Use props
Lector
lvl.3
Flight distance : 755751 ft
Lithuania

Τranaee Posted at 2016-11-15 19:56
I saw the "video" here in Greece and BPJG seems to work without rebooting. Never ever before in my w ...

I have just updated to the same version BPJG. I downloaded that 16sec video and my s7 edge didn't crashed. So, is this mean I have no problems and can buy DJI products? Actually I didn't check how was that 16sec video before update. And I have to notice that video is very low quality and some frames are damaged. Must it be like this?
2016-11-15
Use props
user7dfc3afa84
New

Brazil

I have the latest firmware and still restarts. I m actually not able to fly a *edited for vulgar language - user has been warned second without restart. Also, the tracking feature is not working anymore. I press the button  on the dji app and it doesn't open it.
I am furious.
2016-11-15
Use props
Neethling
lvl.1
Namibia

Well lady's and gents i have the same problem on my Galaxy S6! Any Android phone you can suggest to work with
DGI or Litchi without any issues?
2016-11-17
Use props
fans8d664145
lvl.1
Croatia

Case closed. New firmware sec patch for november solves problem with reboot.S7 works like before
2016-11-18
Use props
fanseb815805
New

Switzerland

fans8d664145 Posted at 2016-11-18 12:13
Case closed. New firmware sec patch for november solves problem with reboot.S7 works like before{:4_ ...

well since how long this patch is dispatched and how u done it
2016-11-18
Use props
Toroop7
New

Switzerland

fans8d664145 Posted at 2016-11-18 12:13
Case closed. New firmware sec patch for november solves problem with reboot.S7 works like before{:4_ ...

firmware for what ... ? the P4 got no firmware update i just checked it now ??
2016-11-18
Use props
Τranaee
lvl.2
  • >>>
Greece

Case solved. Confirmed!
3rd day flying litchi and go and everything was running as smooth as S7 name deserves so. That's why we bought this phone anyways.. right guys?
2016-11-18
Use props
Hrobnik
lvl.1

Czechia

i can confirm. After new update everything is ok. No restarts. Just smoot flying. Have fun
2016-11-18
Use props
Paolo in da Sky
New

Brazil

I m flying with the latest updates both Samsung and dji. Still restarts. I m running pj1
2016-11-19
Use props
fansdecefb22
New

Poland

I wasn't able to check it outdoors, but when I did tests indoors , seems that everything is ok after the latest S7 update. Keep my fingers crossed
2016-11-19
Use props
fans8d664145
lvl.1
Croatia

It is the BPJG version of 1 november patch that is fixed and solves the priblem
2016-11-19
Use props
fansdecefb22
New

Poland

2016-11-19
Use props
fans3bf571ea
New
Norway

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-8-29 09:37
Hello colin,samsung s7 is not in our device support list.It might be not compatible.Could you please ...

Hi..I do have a DJI Phantom 3 Standard, a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and using the DJI Go app..never had this problem
2016-11-20
Use props
arkzantets
lvl.1

Philippines

Im still on firmwate G930*****
Update not pushed yet on my country sad
2016-11-20
Use props
Twenty-One
New

Brazil

Any news if the ZTO (Brazil) fixed firmware has already been released? There is an update here for version BPIF, size 286.86 MB, but I'm uncertain that this version will have the issue fixed.
(P.S: I downgraded to version APE9 in order to fly Phantom 4 without issues, and it is working perfectly.)
2016-11-21
Use props
MIKIZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2412336 ft
Cyprus

I was expecting the update so eagerly after hearing our friends in GR and  GER and others being successful with the 200mb BPJG fimrware.
We usually get the Updates here in CYP 7-10 days afterwards.

Got an update today....25mb...BPK1
Shocking....
Used the "video" to test. Crashed after 1sec
Obviously not working.
Going to check why we got this crappy 20mb update instead of the one I wished for
2016-11-21
Use props
MIKIZ
lvl.2
Cyprus

MIKIZ Posted at 2016-11-21 21:28
I was expecting the update so eagerly after hearing our friends in GR and  GER and others being succ ...

I just checked over at http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-G935F/
this update g935fxxs1bpk1 is not coming up  yet

2016-11-21
Use props
Paolo in da Sky
New

Brazil

I confirm once more. I m running the latest PBJ/ PBJ 1 and it still restarts.
Running the latest of dji go too.
Issue is not resolved
2016-11-22
Use props
Τranaee
lvl.2
  • >>>
Greece

Is the BPJG firmware that solves the issue. Just wait for that or download it and upgrade manualy (I wouldn't insist so since it's a matter of days).
2016-11-22
Use props
MIKIZ
lvl.2
Cyprus

Τranaee Posted at 2016-11-22 17:02
Is the BPJG firmware that solves the issue. Just wait for that or download it and upgrade manualy (I ...

The BPJG skipped us as it seems...
2016-11-22
Use props
Cegara
New

Spain

MIKIZ Posted at 2016-11-22 18:16
The BPJG skipped us as it seems...

I just update to BPK1 and S7 still rebooting after use photo or video trigger.
2016-11-23
Use props
DaveB87
lvl.2
Flight distance : 419902 ft
Ireland

Hi guys

I'm not getting random phone restarts (S7 Edge user) but I am unable to connect through the app to the Phantom 3 Professional's camera..... I am stuck with the "How to Connect" button..... I have ensured that the Phantom's firmware is all up-to date, as is the Controller..... I am running the most recent update for the S7 Edge too (G935FXXU1BPJG - + 1st November Security Patch)

Further more, I have tried multiple cables (all of them brand new - including DJI official), and even phones (Note 5 (Running Android 6.01), S5 (6.01), Core Prime (5.1.1) ) and none of them will get past the "How to Connect" screen..... is there something I am missing here!?!??!

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 in the post to me too.... fingers crossed that will work.....
2016-11-24
Use props
Delurium
lvl.2

Norway

So today I bought my first drone ever, a P4, and really happy to start using it. I downloaded the DJI app and started charging the controller and my batteries to try it out in my backyard. I had been wanting a drone for a long time but it is hard to afford such an expensive item but my wish have long been to fly one and film when I walk in the mountains of Norway and share the beautiful view and nature with others.

After setting everything up I was ready for my first try outside. My brother was with me to see how it worked, even if it was very dark outside.

I got it to lift off and land a few times without much trouble, but the second I tried to do any form of recording; boom my Samsung s7 edge restarted. I panicked but managed to get it down as I was only in beginner mode and barely flew a few meters over ground.
I thought I might have had the power-button touching the side and that caused it to restart, but I changed position and it kept restarting, sometimes when I had just taken off, sometimes I had not even gotten that far! I didnt try to record, i only lifted off and still it would not stop restarting. some times it restarted 3 times in a row even when I did not even enter the app after the first restart and sometimes it was mid-air before it restarted.

I am somewhat happy that I see several others have the same issue as me and somewhat furious that the most expensive piece of hardware I have bought in god knows how long doesnt even manage to function correctly. I had to power up my shitty Asus zen something something tablet that I do not even use and try to install the software on it to see if this works tomorrow.

I do not have the other software people talk about here on my phone and I have never ever had any restart problems with my s7 edge before this application was installed. i was happy i actually remembered my pin-code.

This honestly needs a fix ASAP but seeing as this is an issue that several of you have had for months I am not holding my breath.

After reading this thread I find it laughable that some people suggest using older firmware versions or reload older software. That is like putting a bandaid on a broken leg. what DJI should have done from day 1 was to find where their application encounters error with the OS/platform they are saying they are compatible with and develop a fix & release it while at the same time contact Samsung and have a dialogue about the existence of such a problem and why they cause a crash for the user. This is why 3rd party developers produce bug fixes when the OS/platform change. And even worse; suggesting buying another device to connect it with.

I expect a correction on this soon enough from whatever part of the problem, be it samsung or dji, i havent spent this amount of money on a drone that demands the use of a phone/tablet, having the latest of a supposedly supported phone and still have this major bug happen making the entire product completely useless.
2016-11-26
Use props
Twenty-One
New

Brazil

Yup, its sad (or laughable) that using older S7 edge firmware is the only free and reliable solution so far (as long as you know how to safely downgrade the cell phone).
2016-11-26
Use props
userda991d1f24
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi does anyone know what firmware to downgrade to so i can get my phantom back in the air, 2 months no fly and starting to get really annoyed now thanks
2016-11-28
Use props
Rek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 758766 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

userda991d1f24 Posted at 2016-11-28 13:47
Hi does anyone know what firmware to downgrade to so i can get my phantom back in the air, 2 months  ...

Anything before August 2016,mine is from March and its almost a month now i am flying without crashes.Do not update your phone after..
2016-11-28
Use props
hedfan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21470 ft
United Kingdom

Anyone tried the new DJI GO 4 app? Does this fix anything?
2016-11-29
Use props
DaveB87
lvl.2
Ireland

hedfan Posted at 2016-11-29 09:29
Anyone tried the new DJI GO 4 app? Does this fix anything?

On the Android App store, I can see it's still on 3.7 for me....

I am however installing the new firmware update to my P3P as we speak..... that only became available earlier on today
2016-11-29
Use props
hedfan
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DaveB87 Posted at 2016-11-29 14:26
On the Android App store, I can see it's still on 3.7 for me....

I am however installing the new ...

No there is a whole new app launched today called "DJI GO 4" specifically for the newer drones.
2016-11-29
Use props
DaveB87
lvl.2
Ireland

hedfan Posted at 2016-11-29 14:58
No there is a whole new app launched today called "DJI GO 4" specifically for the newer drones.

ahhh ok i have ya
2016-11-29
Use props
DaveB87
lvl.2
Ireland

Just updated my P3P to the latest update that rolled out today, eventually got the controller updated, and it's now talking to my S7 Edge!!!
received_10154549700821265.jpeg
2016-11-29
Use props
hedfan
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just got home and ran the DJI GO 4 app, it firmware upgraded my Mavic and connected to my S7 Edge first time (fast charge is off, selected transfer media files on usb options screen and entered airplane mode). Ran it for a quick fly round with no issues. No disconnect. No reboot. No hot phone etc. So far so good.
2016-11-29
Use props
Delurium
lvl.2

Norway

Installed the new DJI go 4 app earlier today, it is snowing so cant fly outside but I did test it out and it did not reboot, it uploaded a patch to the drone wirelessly and gave me 0 errors for the time i checked it out. flying tomorrow to actually see if it works as intended. Used the link in the main thread about this app to get the download as it is not in my google play menu in Norway, but that is not uncommon for new apps.

I did not expect this to be corrected so quickly, hopefully there will be no rain/snow tomorrow and I can start trying it out with a real phone not a shitty replacement tablet.

Does this confirm that it was not Samsung but DJI´s fault all along? I dont care but some of you that have not had a useable drone for 2 months might be pissed off.
2016-11-29
Use props
Noizer
lvl.1

Russia

Why not write those who updated Samsung S7 EDGE to Android 7.0?
2016-11-29
Use props
DaveB87
lvl.2
Ireland

It can only be DJI that was at fault, as it's a 3rd party app, any Samsung device I have tried to use over the last week and a half or so wouldn't work with DJI Go.... The ONLY app not to work..... I don't believe Samsung is/was at fault here, only DJI for missing something out when updating the app/firmware
2016-11-29
Use props
Delurium
lvl.2

Norway

After trying the app out a few times;

Had a few restarts, 1 was pretty critical above water, i used the RTH function and manual controls after it restarted a few times more right after I got it up and running.

Eventually I started turning it on in "airplane mode"; no wifi, no 4g, no cellphone network etc
Did have 1 restart after doing this but a lot more stable.

Not fun when you are a noobie and your phone restarts whenever you try to fly, you really get spooked a lot but i guess its kind of a good way to learn.
2016-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules