67302 420 2016-8-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
yoricknicholls
lvl.2
Flight distance : 790758 ft
Vanuatu

Alright folks, little update from my end:

I was successful in doing a 'OS Flash' of my S7 Edge to downgrade to an older firmware version. My choice was an early July update, so pre-screwup of late AUG.
So far so good. The downgrade went very well, as I followed the steps given in this YouTube video:

Due to weather conditions I have not been able to test the app just yet, but will do so within the next 24-48hrs, and will let you know if it resolved the issue 100%... That being said, in this thread a reply did confirm this option resolved the issue for him so I am very optimistic.

Key things to note:
  • Follow the instructions to the letter, to avoid ruining your S7. Flashing your phone is not a trivial matter for most.
  • BACKUP ALL YOUR DATA before starting. You WILL lose it all. Use Syncios, that worked well for me. Unless you trust in Google Backup 100%. I did 3 backups from 3 methods.
  • Do not install the firmwares the video suggests as those are the most updated versions, thereby reinstalling the main issue all over again. What you want is a pre-AUG version, which you can find in http://samsung-updates.com/device/
  • Once you successfully reset your mobile, do not add a WIFI connection just yet. Doing so will allow your phone to begin downloading the latest update. Make sure you disable automatic update downloading first, then go about your usual biz.
  • Better yet, consider ROOTING your device first to completely disable updates alltogether. But this is quite advanced, and only recommended for the very savy. Or do what I do and simply avoid pressing download or install, until an permenent solution pops up on the forums. It's annoying seeing the prompts, but I should be ok dealing with that short term until a fix is done in the next life.
  • Take your time. Don't rush.

I'll let you all know ASAP if this fixed it for me. It should work, no reason it wouldn't.

CONFIRMED, the above FIXED the issue for me! Highly recommended.
Just flew on a job away from town. Flew a whole session (23mins) without any bugging or restarts. Even up to 120m altitude --> 200-300m distance, no restarts or signal issues. Very happy to be back on my S7.
2016-10-9
Use props
gui.fethai
lvl.1

Thailand

9above Posted at 2016-10-8 23:41
Where so you live? U am in Greece and I have no updates since August

I'm stay in Thailand, I keep looking for S7 F.W. update by manually and found the update on 6-Oct-2016.
Just now, I test for 8 flights without restarting problem anymore.
2016-10-9
Use props
ukivaner
lvl.1
Turkey

Somebody in the Forum pointed out perfectly that it ain't Samsung's fault since the phone works flawlessly without any problems apart from the DJI Go app. it is the third party developer's responsibility to adapt their apps according to particular devices.I don't  understand why it's so difficult to find differences of the 2 latest firmwares which may cause the problem for dji app since the issue started right after latest firmware update... You have the change log for both firmwares. Come on DJI do not play the Trump game ...
2016-10-10
Use props
leemerc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 865236 ft
  • >>>
Australia

ukivaner Posted at 2016-10-11 08:35
Somebody in the Forum pointed out perfectly that it ain't Samsung's fault since the phone works flaw ...

Yeah! Ukivaner!
Are you also wondering where DJI Ken and his 'lets point the blame to someone else' has gone?
Are you wondering what all those that ordered the Mavic are going to think when it doesnt work with the samsung S7? I am flying my Phantom with an old tablet atm......cant do that with a Mavic
2016-10-10
Use props
AngYC
lvl.2

Malaysia

ukivaner Posted at 2016-10-11 06:05
Somebody in the Forum pointed out perfectly that it ain't Samsung's fault since the phone works flaw ...

Ask DJI compare the changelog of the firmware? Are you kidding?
2016-10-10
Use props
Benjamin_Harris
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135476 ft

Australia

I agree DJI should be a lot more active than they are, DJIKen should just say openly what they think, not enough S7 use to warrant a patch, we don't have a clue what's caused it, we are madly working on a solution etc.
this would make a lot of us more restful.

I've have done several flights with my S7, doing a timelapse with it instantly kills the phone every time it takes a picture, reboots then you open the app it takes another picture and reboots again. I did one 20min flight and it worked perfectly, this time I put it in flight mode, really annoying. I have to use a $50 tablet rest of the time to fly, but the screen brightness sucks big time.
2016-10-10
Use props
ntsplumbing
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2246670 ft
Australia

Okay DJI this is absolute stupidity!!! So the app causes phone to shut down how is it samsungs problem when no other apps cause this issue!! Or is it because your in bed with Apple now!!! Please fix of find a fix!!!!!!!!°!!!
2016-10-11
Use props
us100
lvl.1

Ukraine

Already solved the problem
I went to the official Samsung service guarantees
They fixed the problem
Drone flies with Galaxy S7
2016-10-11
Use props
ntsplumbing
lvl.2
Australia

us100 Posted at 2016-10-12 03:05
Already solved the problem
I went to the official Samsung service guarantees
They fixed the problem

How have they fixed problem? Update? Patch?
2016-10-11
Use props
leemerc
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Us 1000 please expand on your success with samsung
2016-10-11
Use props
us100
lvl.1

Ukraine

ntsplumbing Posted at 2016-10-12 04:33
How have they fixed problem? Update? Patch?

The official Samsung service center
they have a device firmware
they said that she was a test
guarantee is not lost
it was worth two weeks hiking in the service
2016-10-11
Use props
leemerc
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

us100 Posted at 2016-10-12 17:49
The official Samsung service center
they have a device firmware
they said that she was a test

cripes I wish i understood this dude? can anyone interpret please
2016-10-11
Use props
ntsplumbing
lvl.2
Australia

leemerc@bigpond Posted at 2016-10-12 15:53

I interpret it as put on ground and hit with a hammer!!! Got no idea
2016-10-12
Use props
9above
lvl.2
  • >>>

Btw you Australian guys I think you had a security update in September (G935FXXU1BPHG) that we are still waiting for it here in Greece. Have you updated? Worth the wait?
See more here: http://www.sammobile.com/2016/09 ... galaxy-s7-and-more/
2016-10-12
Use props
us100
lvl.1

Ukraine

leemerc@bigpond Posted at 2016-10-12 15:53

I have a new version of the device firmware
G930FXXU1BPJA
No problems with the flight
2016-10-12
Use props
9above
lvl.2
  • >>>
Greece

So the light at the end of the tunnel starts blinking and ends with the JA letters. Does anyone knows where can we download that precious firmware?
2016-10-12
Use props
us100
lvl.1

Ukraine

9above Posted at 2016-10-12 21:14
So the light at the end of the tunnel starts blinking and ends with the JA letters. Does anyone know ...

Go to service center Samsung!
They have this firmware.Two days I will gladly take my smartphone GalaxyS7 with Phanom 4

2016-10-12
Use props
patrick.schipho
New

Netherlands

Problem is thè usb connection. It stays on loading. It should be mediatransfer. Each time I plug on my p3a it turns to loading again. I can't get it fixed   
2016-10-12
Use props
leemerc
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

patrick.schipho Posted at 2016-10-13 06:19
Problem is thè usb connection. It stays on loading. It should be mediatransfer. Each time I plug on ...

this problem also occurs with the Phantom 3 standard which is purely a WIFI connection, so it is NOT a USB connection problem
2016-10-12
Use props
Benjamin_Harris
lvl.1

Australia

The latest Software updates seem to be
G935FXXU1BPHG/
G935FTEL1BPHE/
G935FXXU1BPHE

well this is what I have anyway.
2016-10-12
Use props
leemerc
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Benjamin_Harris Posted at 2016-10-13 17:23
The latest Software updates seem to be
G935FXXU1BPHG/
G935FTEL1BPHE/

Yeah Ben that is exactly the latest software for Samsung S7 edge for phones connected to telstra here in Aus.
I dont want to bugger around downloading something else for bolivia or somewhere when my phone works perfect with everything ...............except DJI??????????????
2016-10-12
Use props
lapsa.gints
New
Flight distance : 23789 ft

Latvia

I also downgraded S7 soft, like yoricknicholls told! and everything works fine! it took me some 2h to backup, install and restore all info and phone settings!
2016-10-13
Use props
Portal Imagenes
lvl.2

Dominican Republic

I have the same problem now. My s7e was working fine with the latest dji go update.  Yesterday (October 12th 2016) i updated my phone to version 6.0.1  and every time i open the dji go app after 1 or 2 minutes the phone start rebooting itself.  I activate the developer and usb debbuging options and keeps rebooting.  It's so frustrating and i need a solution please, is a brand new phone (one month) and was working flawlesly and i work with my drone (phantom 4).
Can someone give me some light in this?
Thanks
2016-10-13
Use props
9above
lvl.2
  • >>>

Portal Imagenes Posted at 2016-10-13 20:04
I have the same problem now. My s7e was working fine with the latest dji go update.  Yesterday (Octo ...

Welcome to the party!
Read the whole thread and pray for Samsung to act fast.
2016-10-13
Use props
patrick.schipho
New

Netherlands

in a month half the world has a s7. Dji or Samsung should do something !!{:4_142:}
2016-10-13
Use props
us100
lvl.1

Ukraine

patrick.schipho Posted at 2016-10-14 01:10
in a month half the world has a s7. Dji or Samsung should do something !!

People
you use a gadget that has
legal guarantee
Contact your service
you can help
I'm alright
I fly with Galaxy S7 and Phantom 4
2016-10-13
Use props
leemerc
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

us100 Posted at 2016-10-14 03:58
People
you use a gadget that has
legal guarantee

us100 as I understand looking at the samsung download site there are many many versions of the software for the samsung S7. It depends on 1. Your country 2. Your service provider
I dont think it would be a good idea to download some Ukraine software if I live in Australia?
correct me if I have got this wrong tho?
2016-10-13
Use props
us100
lvl.1

Ukraine

leemerc@bigpond Posted at 2016-10-14 04:50
us100 as I understand looking at the samsung download site there are many many versions of the sof ...

I talked with the engineer who did my smartphone
He said that there is not much difference
except that they will not run some applications
But Samsung has a solution
We must demand
I went 2 weeks
And I get them to do or to return money
So they did it
2016-10-13
Use props
Benjamin_Harris
lvl.1

Australia

Here is a list of firmware for the Samsung S7 - SM-G935F

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-G935F/

it looks like Optus has updated their software the most recently.
2016-10-13
Use props
leemerc
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Benjamin_Harris Posted at 2016-10-14 08:16
Here is a list of firmware for the Samsung S7 - SM-G935F

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/databas ...

Thanks Ben
I notice that the PDA part of the software is the same for Optus Aus and Telstra Aus. The CSC part is different.
Now Optus have just had a update (13/10/16) on the PDA the CSC stayed the same. Logically there should be a new PDA out now for the Telstra then?
Of further note there seems not a lot of Americans complaining on this subject????
2016-10-13
Use props
9above
lvl.2
  • >>>

Wow. Seems like Sammy woke up from their Note7 nightmare and started on taking actions. Italy also got the update. Waiting for the OTA update.
2016-10-13
Use props
w.hawke78
lvl.1
Flight distance : 628396 ft
Australia

In the same day my S7E had the restart issue (Optus, Aus, Oct 02) and also both of my Tab S 8.4s ceased registering the USB connection. That suggests a DJI tweak somewhere to me - hello Apple deal. I was far from phone reception all weekend and the crash started when I hit an elevated area and got reception. Might I add the Inspire was mid flight in 40kph+ winds filming a 4wding convoy out in dense forest. Flicked to atti and brought it in for emergency landing luckily.

I think we should mount a class action lawsuit against both DJI and Samsung. This has completely ruined a filming schedule for me and resulted in extensive income loss.
2016-10-14
Use props
sclark1977
lvl.1
United States

Ok.  

I am new to the drone world and new to this forum.  I recently ordered my Phantom 3 Professional and am anxiously awaiting its arrival.  While I sit and wait like a giddy child before Christmas, I decided to check out the DJI community.  

This is the first thread I found in regards to using the S7 with DJI GO.

Most of the people here are reporting a problem with their S7/DJI Go combination within the last month or so.  That tells me one of two things.  Either the S7 or the DJI Go app is faulty.  

After reading (or trying to read) some of the posts here, one thing is very obvious to me...DJI is simply paying lip service to the owners of the S7 while shifting the blame to the "other guy", all the while allowing their loyal customers to struggle to find a solution.  

One thing is clear.  For the amount of money that people are paying for this piece of hardware, NO ONE SHOULD EVER HAVE TO COMPLETELY WIPE AND REBUILD THEIR DEVICE TO MAKE IT WORK!!  Obviously I am talking about their phones/tablets/pads, etc, NOT the quad itself.  

Now, considering the amount of engineering that has gone into this seemingly amazing machine, one would think that there is someone, somewhere at DJI who can solve it.  Right?  Maybe, and this is just a theory, there is someone employed by DJI who is smart enough to grab an S7, figure out what is wrong, and update the DJI Go app.  Regardless of who's program is whack, I believe it is DJI's responsibility to make sure their $600-$3000 machines can fly with any device.  

In the day and age of being able to make nearly any app do whatever the coder wants, it seems like a reasonable solution.

I am not saying who is at fault.  Because, to be honest, it doesn't matter.  What I am saying is, from what I am gathering from posts by "DJI Ken", DJI is passing the buck to Samsung, when they should be doing all they can, including in house troubleshooting, to make their massive customer base happy.  

I know this post doesn't directly help to solve the problem, but maybe DJI Ken can pick up an S7 and go to work.  

Edit to add:
If DJI is truly more concerned with wetting Apple's whistle, then shame on them.  
2016-10-14
Use props
user174ea4828d
lvl.1

Czechia

Any news with restarting s7 with new dji go app update?
It keeps restarting still
2016-10-14
Use props
leemerc
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Ah I wake this morning and here is a new DJI Go update...... could it be???....... download and yes its updates alright.....there is the new Mavic now on the app
Now lets see if they addressed the samsung S7 issue...............
Sadly NO............still reboots after 20 seconds
AND DJI YOU WANT ME TO BUY A MAVIC? HAHAHAHAHA
are you throwing into the deal a Apple Iphone?
No DJI experts comment on this forum anymore, are they having their palms greased by by juicy apples?
2016-10-14
Use props
Jok178
lvl.1

Australia

I had the same issue with my parrot drone and S7.
Yesterday Parrot released an update that fixed the restarting issue from their end instead of handballing it to Samsung. If DJI (who are larger with more resources) cannot do that it will prevent me from buying a Mavic as it will prove their customer service is worthless, and they don't care about consumer issues.
2016-10-14
Use props
rolkis7
New

Lithuania

I have been using my DJI Phantom 3 PRO for a while with S7 edge. Recently the problem is the same as you all have. Phone restarts quite often. I have first noticed it during the flight, which almost cost me my drone. Luckily, the remote controller still works and you can recconect the drone if you are lucky to find the app and enter the pin code to your phone

At first it looked like that it happens only when I press C1 button which is set to change gimbal possition down or straight. But I cannot confirm it 100%. Also every time you turn on the app by yourself, or the remote controller initiates the lauching of DJI GO app, the samsung whatchon always crashes.

S7 is one of the most popular phones and it looks like that you have to choose one now: DJI or Samsung..
2016-10-15
Use props
AngYC
lvl.2

Malaysia

leemerc@bigpond Posted at 2016-10-15 04:34
Ah I wake this morning and here is a new DJI Go update...... could it be???....... download and yes  ...

You should read the whole thread, it's Samsung issue. I even uploaded a video test file.
But if you ask, can DJI fix this? Yes they can by providing a option to render the video in software mode instead of hardware but this might require hard work of coding or they can throw away the broken video frame before it got reader by Samsung hardware.
2016-10-15
Use props
gui.fethai
lvl.1

Thailand

Samsung Thailand already fixed this problem by release their new F.W. since 6-Oct.-2016. I already test it more than 20 flights without restarting my phone. Just now, I update my dji go app. to 3.0.0 with R.C. 1.8, Its work fine.
I don't understand, why Samsung not yet release new update F.W. to another country. It very clear the problem came from phone's F.W.
2016-10-15
Use props
quanthonytrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

gui.fethai Posted at 2016-10-16 17:04
Samsung Thailand already fixed this problem by release their new F.W. since 6-Oct.-2016. I already t ...

I have the S7Edge 6.0.1 Optus Australian MMB29K.G935FXXS1BPIC firmware (beast developer mode activated).

I just downloaded 3.0 and yes it semi-works with no more random reboots. However, I noticed if you power down in the incorrect order, your phone will reboot. If you shut down the phantom first, the S7Edge will reboot.

If you exit the DJI GO App and then power down the Phantom then its fine - THIS IS THE CORRECT TO POWER DOWN THE PHANTOM (this allows settings and write states to be finalised to minimise corruption).

Litchi did NOT reboot the phone whatsoever.

I do think it could be a DJI as well as Samsung. It's good that DJI and Samsung speak the same chinese =).

2016-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules