Phantom 4 and Galaxy S7e Constant Phone Reboot when in Camera View
8052 58 2016-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hendrayudha23
New
Flight distance : 63064 ft
Indonesia

I have same problem here! Please update the dji go app asap...
2016-9-19
Use props
Runsgi
lvl.1

Switzerland

Still the same issue after the latest DJI Go update
2016-9-25
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

OK...  I tried my brand new S7 today, just buzzing around the garden...

Had no problems at all, until landing due to the Phantom having a low battery.

Have any of you other S7 owners tried again lately?
(Note my P is the Standard, so connecting via wifi, not USB cable, also was only at very low altitude and up close. I haven't tested it at higher altitudes or further away yet.)
2016-10-1
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft

I just pre-ordered Mavic and I'm planning on using my Samsung S7 Edge with it. I'm almost certain that I will have to trade it for an iPhone 6S Plus or get myself an iPad Mini 4 due to the compatibility issues with the app. Either Samsung fixes it or DJI releases a patch to address the updated security from Samsung.
2016-10-2
Use props
Blorby
New

Israel

the problem is with samsung only:
http://forum.dji.com/thread-62084-4-1.html
2016-10-2
Use props
badarchen
lvl.2
Flight distance : 532579 ft
Mongolia

Same problem. Awaiting Samsung to fix.
2016-10-4
Use props
bigglyguy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14196 ft
Malaysia

Update - same problem, even when using wifi connection on Standard.

BOTH companies need to pull their finger out.
2016-10-5
Use props
daithi.cork
lvl.1

Australia

Is this going to be fixed with the Mavic update? I hope so, just bought one and if it doesn't work with my S7 I'll have to s ND it back. Locked in a contract with my phone!
2016-10-8
Use props
Jovani.P
New

Poland

I have the same. My S7 rebooting after I connect to RC. Newest software on S7 and P3A and RC. Have you got the solution?
2016-10-26
Use props
Runsgi
lvl.1

Still the same problem since 1 month
2016-10-26
Use props
qSMBd746OZBh
New

United States

do you all have a SM-G930F or SM-G935F? (Exynos model of galaxy 7 phones/international model)
I'd suspect the US versions (Snapdragon model, thus different video decoding acceleration) don't have the problem, but wondering.
2016-11-3
Use props
Hawkeye54
lvl.2

United States

My Note 4 goes onto that constant reboot twilight Zone or total battery loss when my battery gets close to 50% and in running my Radar app. Im guessing it does that in apps that require a high level of possessing. I dont use the Phone to fly my P4 though. I got my Ipad pro for that. Im thinking it is a Samsung Battery issue. I had to replace my battery and it improved but it still has problems once I get below 50%. I would recommend flying with a full charge on the phone battery plus make sure all other apps are closed.
2016-11-4
Use props
Revs
lvl.3
Flight distance : 73514 ft
United Kingdom

Guys, try a manual check for phone updates (settings, about device, download updates manually). I just checked mine and found an update.

I read yesterday that Samsung are slowly rolling out an update that should sort this issue. The update wasn't there when I checked yesterday.
2016-11-4
Use props
fansa50b73c2
lvl.1

South Africa

Revs Posted at 2016-11-4 12:50
Guys, try a manual check for phone updates (settings, about device, download updates manually). I ju ...

i don't think it is a samsung issue as I have the exact problem on my google nexus tablet....also LITCHI is much more stable.
2016-11-7
Use props
fansa50b73c2
lvl.1

South Africa

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-1 13:08
Could you please change a device in our recommend list?
ios: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, i ...

My observations:
- It is not a samsung s7 issue as I have the same issue on the Google Nexus Tablet
- I have tried factory resetting both my S7 & my google nexus and then re-installing the DJI GO App with no success
- I have tried switching off fast charging and this does not help
- The DJI Go App restarts almost immediately when you click CAMERA connect. Makes the APP unusable...the only way I have been able to fly is using LITCHI...which also reboots, but less often...sometimes I can go the whole day without any restarts using the LITCHI app.
- This only started occurring when I update the DJI REMOTE firmware and Phantom 4 firmware and upgrading to the latest DJI GO app.

My suspicion is the DJI as released a very buggy version of DJI GO App or the phantom 4 firmware has a bug when transmitting the video feed.
2016-11-7
Use props
fansa50b73c2
lvl.1

South Africa

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-8 05:21
Sorry it's Samsung system's error,maybe we could not solve it on our end. But our engineers will  ...

My observations:
- It is not a samsung s7 issue as I have the same issue on the Google Nexus Tablet
- I have tried factory resetting both my S7 & my google nexus and then re-installing the DJI GO App with no success
- I have tried switching off fast charging and this does not help
- The DJI Go App restarts almost immediately when you click CAMERA connect. Makes the APP unusable...the only way I have been able to fly is using LITCHI...which also reboots, but less often...sometimes I can go the whole day without any restarts using the LITCHI app.
- This only started occurring when I update the DJI REMOTE firmware and Phantom 4 firmware and upgrading to the latest DJI GO app.

My suspicion is the DJI as released a very buggy version of DJI GO App or the phantom 4 firmware has a bug when transmitting the video feed.
2016-11-7
Use props
fansa50b73c2
lvl.1

South Africa

Google Nexus 9, one of the DJI supported devices (see thread above) has the same issue...also reboots just like my S7.
2016-11-7
Use props
Somnium
lvl.3
Flight distance : 888819 ft
Sweden

fansa50b73c2 Posted at 2016-11-7 14:13
My observations:
- It is not a samsung s7 issue as I have the same issue on the Google Nexus Table ...

As people say it started after Android update so will wait for firmware update... but afraid that Saturday will not hurry up to fix this problem...
DJI support says that they know about bug and working with Samsung to fix
2016-11-7
Use props
robcuzd
New

Australia

Has there been any updates on this? Im having the same problems.

My current version on my s7 edge is:
g935fxxs1bpln/
g935fvau1bphc
g935fxxu1bpi1

my carrier is Vodafone Australia
2017-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules