Corrupted files?
2359 9 2016-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eroomomni
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3145115 ft
United States

I'm a long time Phantom flyer but recent Phantom 4 convert. I am now once again flying FPV with my Carl Zeiss Cinemizers using the recently installed HDMI Module. Fantastic! One thing I noticed is that since I used the Luckybird USB Card reader that came with the unit for my file transfers, some of the files are getting corrupted. I guess I wasn't so "lucky". First question: is it possible the SD card was damaged by that card reader, that I don't use any more? It is a 64GB card the was working great before. Second question is what methods do you guys use to transfer files? I had no problems with files prior to using the Luckybird card reader. I also have many years of experience moving files like this on my GoPros. Thanks.
2016-8-30
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Have you since then reformmated the SD card and the issue persists? You do have the option to plug the gimbal into the computer while turned on to have the aircraft read as a external drive as well. That will avoid having to deal with card readers.
2016-8-30
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

What do you mean by .. some of the files are getting corrupted?
What are you seeing there?
2016-8-30
Use props
Seven Oaks
lvl.2
Flight distance : 191952 ft
United States

What kind of Micro SD card are you using?  I use to use Samsung phones and I would have this same problem if I used Scandisk Micro SD cards.  Once I switched to the Samsung Pro SD Card I never had the problem ever again.  
2016-8-30
Use props
eroomomni
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3145115 ft
United States

Thanks for the feedback. By corrupted files, I mean some of the MOV and JPG files were inoperable or unusable. I haven't reformatted the card yet but I tried the recommended solution of connecting my computer directly to the Phantom and after experimenting resolved the issue. Although that is likely a kludgy method for some, I will stick to this method. I have found that some cards are volitile when hot swapped or even when handling carefully. I just don't feel like taking the chance. I'll post the MFG of the mini SD later today.
2016-8-31
Use props
Segami21
lvl.2
Flight distance : 57749 ft
United States

Hi well I use the Nexto device to back-up and transfer files off of my card. I got one of those lucky bird units with the bracket for my Crystal Sky and was not too thrilled with the idea of trusting my files in the hands of something out of a Cracker jack box. Here is a link to the unit is use in my photography

www.amazon.com/Nexto-Digital-Pho ... &keywords=nexto
2018-1-27
Use props
eman_vg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1015440 ft
United States

What do you mean "corrupted"?
2018-1-27
Use props
Josh the apple
lvl.2
Flight distance : 643061 ft
United States

Have you tried using the data port on the side of the drone to transfer the files? This would just eliminate the option that the problem is with the card reader. It's unlikely that it would fix it, but it would be good to make sure.
2018-1-27
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

I would think your reader is an old type not up to the size/type of newer SD cards, but i don't know of this Luckybird USB Card reader.
A new card reader often is worth the costs, providing faster transfer speeds if latest cards, usb types etc. is supported.
2018-1-28
Use props
lldill777
New

United States

Many times I have turned off my drone before stopping my video record.  The result is a 'corrupt' video file.  A program like GS (grauonline.de) can take the video and take the good  'definition' leader file off another video file from the same camera with the same settings and attach them to the 'corrupt' file.  Most of the time I have saved the 'corrupt' video.  
2019-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules