Phantom 3 Standard Loses RC Signal at Unacceptable Range
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
challstrom
New

United States

I have flown my Phantom 3 Standard to distances that the manufacturer doesn't even project are possible. We are talking 2400 meters at 400 meter altitude type stuff. THEN, I unknowingly upgraded the firmware. Now I cannot get the thing to leave the yard. It will go up to about 60 meters and lose RC signal, or fly approximatly 200m and lose RC signal with 100% line of sight.

I have tried everything, including:

Manually reloaded/downgraded firmware P3C_FW_V01.05.0070 Successful
Manually reloaded/downgraded firmware P3C_FW_V01.04.0060 Unsuccessful *
Manually reloaded firmware P3C_FW_V01.06.0080 Successful
Automatically reloaded firmware P3C_FW_V01.06.0080 Successful
Resync Controller
Recalibrate controller
IMU calibration
GPS Calibration
Cleared all the caches
Rest to defaults

None of this resolved the issue.
This signal issue becomes more acute when I start recording.
I HAVE NO IDEA. This has been an ongoing issue that I have just suffered with as I use the drone for business, most of which is relatively close work but this quite limiting. Faith in DJI is trending toward zero, so any assitance would be greatly appreciated.

* Packet: P3C_FW_V01.04.0060.bin
Result: Abort.
The current firmware does not support downgrade. Use a different version of firmware to downgrade the target version.

2016-8-30
Use props
challstrom
New

United States

Photos of the HUD
image.png
image.png
2016-8-30
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

You just joined the Standard Short range Club.  We are all waiting for a fix for this problem!
2016-8-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello challstrom,you can try in a different location also in a large open area to see if you get the same distance and adjust the antenna orientation when necessary.
2016-8-30
Use props
bbrock293
lvl.2

United States

djordan2 Posted at 2016-8-30 22:14
You just joined the Standard Short range Club.  We are all waiting for a fix for this problem!

^ This. Welcome!
2016-8-31
Use props
userc5d1f037e7
lvl.1

Netherlands

Man im pissed in the netherlands we can only go up to 120 meters! Done firmware update now i get 50 meters max and loses signal...
2016-8-31
Use props
i r p
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Despite this only ever happening when people upgrade to the 1.6.8 firmware, it is not a firmware issue. DJI have banned forum accounts for saying there is a problem with the 1.6.8 firmware, so just to be clear: it's not a firmware issue, it's just a complete coincidence that it happens at exactly the same time as you 'upgrade'. Honest.
If you downgrade to the previous firmware, you'll find the problem goes away. This is also a complete coincidence, and 1.6.8 is in no way responsible, and does not need fixing, not at all, no, there's nothing wrong with it at all, and don't you dare suggest there is!

Hmm, I wonder if I'll get banned again?

2016-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules