OSMO Timelapse moving gimbal
1496 3 2016-8-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkySight
lvl.4
Flight distance : 143566828 ft
United States

I shot a time lapse tonight with the OSMO of a sunset over the lake. It seems to jump and change angles for some reason. I had it set to shoot every 2 seconds.

Does anyone know why it did this and more importantly how to prevent it in the future?

Thanks!
2016-8-30
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, it is normal.  Also the gimbal can stabilize itself, current technology doesn't allow precise stabilization after long time.   It' suggested to physically lock the gimbal while you're using Osmo for timelapse. (Yeah, I know the beeping is annoying)
2016-8-30
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

That's a real shame, great sunset. I've given up with timelapse, sometimes it works fine and others 10 times worse than your example.
2016-8-31
Use props
jphphotography
lvl.1
Canada

It is a real shame, I was really disappointed when I ran into this too but I won't get into it as there are tons of other people that have started many threads on the issue. To help fix your issue though I'd suggest downloading Davinci Resolve 12.5, it has a very good stabilization engine and it's free. If your source footage is 4k you should have lots of room to apply stabilization and not suffer loss in resolution if your're exporting 1080. Hope this helps!
2016-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules