Zoom Lenses on Ronin MX
3257 4 2016-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Helipilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79846 ft
United Kingdom

Still trying to decide between the new canon 5D mark iv and the Sony Alpha 7RII, however a question which relates to bothis this: If I balance the gimbal at say the wide setting on the lens, I assume it will be off balance when I zoom to the telehoto setting??? If this is correct is there any way around it and does anyone know of a non size changing zoom...in length that is :-)

Thanks

2016-8-31
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It ultimately depends on the lens and how often you plan to zoom in and out. If you plan to be prodominently at one focal length, then you would balance your camera at that length and the Roninl will have enough adaptability to work at other lengths. If you are constantly changing your focal length, then you would want to balance at a medium length. If the camera itself is heavier than the lens, then that should help alleviate the changes in balance. If you have a lens with a fixed barrel, that would be more ideal, but there would still be some weight change.

Please note that the Ronins can be pretty forgiving to imperfect balance, but you still want to try to keep it as balanced as possible to prolong the life of the gimbal motors.
2016-8-31
Use props
Helipilot
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-8-31 21:14
It ultimately depends on the lens and how often you plan to zoom in and out. If you plan to be prodo ...

Hi Jamie, thanks for that. One other question, would I be able to use the dji manual focus adapter to control the zoom rather than the focus, IE can I use it to turn the zoom barrel as opposed to the focus barrel?
2016-9-1
Use props
Picture Factory
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5059882 ft
  • >>>
United States

Helipilot Posted at 2016-9-1 12:50
Hi Jamie, thanks for that. One other question, would I be able to use the dji manual focus adapter ...

I'll answer that for you...yes you can. They call it a the DJI Focus, but you can use it to turn the focus, iris or zoom.
2016-9-5
Use props
Helipilot
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Picture Factory Posted at 2016-9-5 15:42
I'll answer that for you...yes you can. They call it a the DJI Focus, but you can use it to turn t ...

Thanks, That looks like just the job and really inexpensive eh
2016-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules