Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI has a good solution for propslocks but did not send it with Inspire
1227 5 2015-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hej
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2040512 ft
Sweden

Look at this product ....

http://www.dji.com/product/e800

This is the engine mounted at the Inspire. As you can tell by the text about the design, it tells the customer its great because of its braking function. It has even a animation explaning how this works. The product has a propeller with an really nice locking solution just because of the risk of propellers unwinding othervise.

DJI had this product on the drawing table but sent us dangerous machines! I do not know how to process this information!  I know there has to  be an good explanation to this.  I just wish I knew before my Inspire made a 106 meter drop.

Anyhow, I would not mind to have that locking system instead of this cheap plastic solution they are sending us now. Tell me, someone who knows how to get hold of just the lock and propeller as advertised on that product page above? When my Inspire comes back from DJI repairs I would rather use this.
2015-1-29
Use props
jimk714
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I'm buying these props as soon as they are available....assuming DJI recommends them at the time of release.
2015-1-29
Use props
AcesAreWld
lvl.2

United States

jimk714@aol.com Posted at 2015-1-30 02:16
I'm buying these props as soon as they are available....assuming DJI recommends them at the time of  ...

The problem is that you need those adapters that go on the motors as well... Our Inspire1 Motors will support them Im sure, but in addition to the props you need to find those adapters.

I agree with the original poster that we got the short end of the deal here - the E800 system is the right answer, so why did so many Inspire 1's ship like this? Why do they continue to? The Inspire 1 prop locks are a poor afterthought for this issue.
2015-1-29
Use props
Joola
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1696545 ft
United States

Wow this is really dissapointing. I'd bet we will see the Inspire 1 shipping with these motors and props in a few weeks/months. I'm not sure if these props would work with our threaded spindle even if we used their adapter.

Wonder what it would cost to upgrade the current Inspire 1 to this new system...
2015-1-29
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

I bet DSLR will offer a inspire1 updated with all these goodies at a premium,and yes this frosts my chaps a bit they couldn't do this for the initial roll out.
TY Op for posting this and I hope you get things worked out via your prop issues.
2015-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules