P3S CE, totally stoked at just getting 990m on a totally stock s...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
colnemac
lvl.2

Just beefing out loud lol, still fairly new to this, my first few flights I had I was struggling to get over 250m of distance. Since learning a bit, gaining a bit of confidence in the RTH system, and picking my sites a bit better, tonight I decided to brave the biggie - letting it go out of sight.
Wasn't planning on doing anything fancy, just keeping it going straight out from me to see how far it'd go, I was expecting around 600m at best. Still had full signal at 500, no break up in the video even at 600! I was like, bloody hell, is this thing just on auto pilot and not coming back? Did my best to keep the aerial vertical, and the wifi panels pointing straight at the P3. Started getting break up at about 750m, gradually getting worse until I lost it altogether. At which point I thought it was as sensible option to induce a RTH, until I got a warning back what seemed like an eternity later 'RTH FAILED'!! Oh shhh.......
And I'm sure you've all experienced the mild uneasiness turning quickly into minor panic, until eventually realising that the telemetry was back and it was heading my way, woohoo!!

Nowt new as I said, just chuffed, yes, I'm a saddo!
2016-8-31
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

You will generally lose video before RC. Instead of hitting RTH, expand the map view and turn the aircraft around and fly the green line home.
2016-8-31
Use props
colnemac
lvl.2

Hi, being a noob, I never thought to try that, but I thought all my telemetry had gone so didn't expect to see anything current anywhere until it'd regained signal on the way back.
2016-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules