Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RTH and new DJIGO app??
2788 33 2016-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
darrin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1004731 ft
United States

Ever since last DJIGO update I've had a couple strange loss of connection issues.
One with a waypoint mission. it finished and I had to fly in on control alone..fpv and app gone..felt ok..
restarted everything and moved away from area next flight was fine.
Second day..
I program a waypoint mission. complete it..jump to P mode.. Flight around a mountian went too fast and didn't get up high enough lost signal..

well it decided RTH was fine at 98' and did not rise up an inch -
my expectation was the craft would RTH rise to 30m above home and head back not stay level with home at 98' never seen that before..
buzzed the mountain people ..yikes..trying to check logs and have two flights disconected and no RTH that I can see ..a good size gap too..
Can some one please investigate my last three flights? THX
and what's the best way to learn and analize files from Drone?
THX!!
account
darrin proimages com

2016-8-31
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

'my expectation was the craft would RTH rise to 30m above home and head back not stay level with home at 98' never seen that before..'

98 feet is near enough to 30 Metres, so if you had set 30 Metres as your RTH altitude, then it would have headed back without climbing any further. Situation normal.
2016-8-31
Use props
darrin
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-8-31 16:26
'my expectation was the craft would RTH rise to 30m above home and head back not stay level with hom ...

By that, If I take off at 2000' then it will drop to 100' on RTH??
2016-8-31
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft
United States

RTH  altitude is calculated relative to your take-off point.
2016-8-31
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Send your LOG files for analysis to www.healthydrones.com and get the lowdown.
From another forum thread, " The latest version of the DJI Go app creates different logs that can't be read by phantom.com log tool."

RedHotPoker

2016-8-31
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

darrin@proimage Posted at 2016-9-1 09:33
By that, If I take off at 2000' then it will drop to 100' on RTH??

RTH will never descend until the Phantom is directly overhead the launch point.
If you are higher than RTH height,it will come home at that height.

All heights are above launch point so if you start at 2000 ft above sea level, 2000 ft ASL = 0 ft  for your Phantom.
2016-8-31
Use props
darrin
lvl.4
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-8-31 17:00
RTH will never descend until the Phantom is directly overhead the launch point.
If you are higher  ...

I managed to climb to 98' then it  returned at 98'..so my bad .. Important to know if it is me or the machine..
thanks for inputs!!

cheers D

PS my setup prior to last DJIGO update was working really good...Now had a couple signal losses
RTH is now set for 60m should avoid any future issues in that area.

2016-8-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Agree with labroides.Could you please clarify which Phantom model you have? If you have a phantom 3 pro/adv, you could enter the Image transmission settings and change the channel mode into custom,then choose a stable channel.
2016-8-31
Use props
Adam Flurk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2016-8-31 19:39
RTH  altitude is calculated relative to your take-off point.

But still does not account for elevation changes along the way as far as I know. Correct?
2016-8-31
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Adam Flurk Posted at 2016-9-1 14:33
But still does not account for elevation changes along the way as far as I know. Correct?

Correct, it could still fly into the ground if the terrain rises, which is why you need to set the RTH altitude high enough to clear it.
2016-8-31
Use props
Adam Flurk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 425466 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2016-9-1 00:46
Correct, it could still fly into the ground if the terrain rises, which is why you need to set the ...

So If I am on the top of a mountain say 1,000 feet above sea level and fly down to 500 feet above sea level and RTH is set to return at 100 feet is it's initiated at 500 feet above sea level it will rise to 600 feet above sea level and crash into the side of the mountain or will it rise to the elevation above home point?
2016-8-31
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Adam Flurk Posted at 2016-9-1 14:55
So If I am on the top of a mountain say 1,000 feet above sea level and fly down to 500 feet above  ...

If you departed from the top of the mountain at 1000 feet above sea level, and flew down to 500 feet lower, it will rise back up to the original level you left from plus the RTH height, which is 100 feet. So in that sirtuation it would not crash into the mountain.

The height it will return at has nothing to do with the height it was at when RTH initiated, it only recognises the height it was at when it took off.
2016-8-31
Use props
djordan2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

Adam Flurk Posted at 2016-9-1 12:55
So If I am on the top of a mountain say 1,000 feet above sea level and fly down to 500 feet above  ...

Forget MSL, it's reading AGL from the point of take off.
2016-8-31
Use props
darrin
lvl.4
United States

I've set the RTH to 200' and hoping to never test it.. I have the P3S and a ARG booster..up till latest update getting great results very next flight random signal drops..To the point I had to restart android galaxy s5 couple times..I use airplane mode and clear everything, when signal drops each event the logs are broken up into 1 min parts and don't reflect signal drops etc..working on uploading the files.

They replaced my P3S about a month ago and with 1.5.7 I was having perfect flights for 2-3 weeks.
The update on android DJIGo started issues ( again ) tempted to try 1.6.8. again..grrrr been a nice few weeks..
Today signal dropped and the drone flew into a time warp..no joke..files

2016-8-31
Use props
darrin
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-8-31 21:28
Agree with labroides.Could you please clarify which Phantom model you have? If you have a phantom 3  ...

I did add more info ^ above ^ 'P3S' so no channel options...
2016-8-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

darrin@proimage Posted at 2016-9-1 15:47
I did add more info ^ above ^ 'P3S' so no channel options...

For the signal lost issue,I'd suggest you to fly in an open area free of interference and adjust the antenna orientation when necessary.
2016-9-1
Use props
darrin
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-1 01:08
For the signal lost issue,I'd suggest you to fly in an open area free of interference and adjust t ...

just want to note: weeks of solid flights running the same exact waypoint mission...then DJIGO update and weirdness.
2016-9-1
Use props
darrin
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-1 01:08
For the signal lost issue,I'd suggest you to fly in an open area free of interference and adjust t ...

Hi DJI MINDY, can you have someone review my broken flight logs and try and explain why one of five video files was created in 2013 at 11pm? That seems like a bug type issue to me.
I come here to report flight abnormalities to help with general info gathering.(checking dates on other files)

For a week now I'm experiencing sudden drops in connection not able to reconnect during flight and the log files are being broken into 1 min sections and missing info in the key areas of signal loss.
Is that normal operation?
This is a freshly replaced drone and only change was DJIGO APP with known changes in these areas.
I would like to roll back the DJIGO app to prove my theory is that possible?
2016-9-1
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

darrin@proimage Posted at 2016-9-2 03:07
Hi DJI MINDY, can you have someone review my broken flight logs and try and explain why one of five ...

"can you have someone review my broken flight logs and try and explain why one of five video files was created in 2013 at 11pm? "
The video files you've shown a list of, aren't flight logs.
They are cached videos of the transmission back from your Phantom.
If you lose signal, your live view stops.
It would appear that your problem is due to losing signal rather than anything in DJI Go.
And it appears that there's nothing different about RTH in this or any other version of Go.
2016-9-1
Use props
darrin
lvl.4
United States

labroides@yahoo Posted at 2016-9-1 13:59
"can you have someone review my broken flight logs and try and explain why one of five video files ...

nope from SD card

when signal is lost, should the flight logs be broken into 1 min sections with no start info? gaps-missing info?

The video files generated and logs are two different topics..I synced my DJIgo app for them to check it over.
the video files are to show a creation date of '2013' yesterday on one file before this craft was even made...
and could possibly go along with the signal loss issue..

I've been flying same course without signal loss for weeks/months and it just started and persists.
also the 'date change' seems like drone did a mid air personality change..I've been trying to downgrade DJIGO for android with no love..
( 3 out of 7 flights is having the issue second flight has been fine each time and that's been repeated 3 times now.)

i've been involved in GUI software deveopment for a decade or two..
2016-9-1
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

darrin@proimage Posted at 2016-9-2 07:22
nope from SD card

'i've been involved in GUI software deveopment for a decade or two..'

Surprising, because if you were qualified as you claim, you would know that just a single misplaced bit can change the date radically. All it inidicates is that there is no forward error correction employed in the data stream or no checksum. It is no big deal and not symptomatic of anything sinister either.
2016-9-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

darrin@proimage Posted at 2016-9-2 01:07
Hi DJI MINDY, can you have someone review my broken flight logs and try and explain why one of five ...

Hi, could you please sync the flight records and provide your APP email account to me?I'll help to check your flight records. And please provide a screenshot of the video's created date.
2016-9-1
Use props
darrin
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-1 18:49
Hi, could you please sync the flight records and provide your APP email account to me?I'll help to  ...

I've done all of this as stated the post and replies. same email as this account..don't like to have it in a public forum..I'll try and PM (not allowed) darrin proimages com

They replaced my P3S about a month ago and with 1.5.7 I was having perfect flights for 2-3 weeks.
The update on android DJIGo started issues ( again ) tempted to try 1.6.8. again..grrrr been a nice few weeks..
Today signal dropped and the drone flew into a time warp..no joke..files

2016-9-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

darrin@proimage Posted at 2016-9-2 10:49
I've done all of this as stated the post and replies. same email as this account..don't like to hav ...

Hi Darrin,when the signal is lost, the flight records are possible to separate into two pieces.And I couldn't see the picture, could you please post it again?
2016-9-2
Use props
darrin
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-2 01:10
Hi Darrin,when the signal is lost, the flight records are possible to separate into two pieces.And ...

http://proimages.com/files/2016/09/timewarp.png

these are from a waypoint mission..I fly 3-4 times a week.
the first three files are the broken up first flight mission
the fourth file is a complete flight no issues...5 minutes start to finish

My main question is in the logs that I see inside dgigo all the signal drop and RTH is not found.  The now sequenced files/logs are not split in half but into numerous flights...one for each minute..seems the one listed in picture was for two minutes so there are inconsistencies. That's what I'm questioning and trying to report.

I understand signal drops (my 1st phantom was problematic and I don't remember this situation it usually recorded everything)

doesn't the app reconnect and fill in the blanks from craft?
should'nt the craft carry a complete record of the flight (unbroken)?

2016-9-2
Use props
darrin
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-2 01:10
Hi Darrin,when the signal is lost, the flight records are possible to separate into two pieces.And ...

Hi DJI Mindy!!
I uploaded 1.6.8 - reset compass and flew same course today, lost full contact 3-3 flights...within 1500' so no improvement
between firmware.. Seems 1.5.7 firmware has always been a better choice for two (2) P3S craft.

I'm hoping my tablet has an older version of DJIGO so I can test that one.

Hoping I can  sync with phone some how..to move waypoint info?? might have to start a topic on that one..?
I really want to downgrade DJIGO to last version on Galaxy S5 if anyone has a copy and info??

There is another issue...even though I changed name for wifi - the craft I was given had another name.. jario
the new flights are going to 'jario' not prodrone the old and now new name...- how to I change the name to 'prodrone' for future records..
I changed wifi name yesterday..today it used older name.grrrr
2016-9-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

darrin@proimage Posted at 2016-9-3 10:57
Hi DJI Mindy!!
I uploaded 1.6.8 - reset compass and flew same course today, lost full contact 3-3  ...

Your range is not affected by the DJI GO app.
If you are not getting the expected range from your P3 Standard and have tried all the troubleshooting steps, then please contact support 818-235-0789 to see about sending the aircraft in for evaluation.
2016-9-2
Use props
darrin
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-2 21:43
Your range is not affected by the DJI GO app.
If you are not getting the expected range from your  ...

Hi Ken this is the replacement and everything was great!! Can I repeat great!!

Then DJIGO updated last week and everything went downhill quick. Like first flight..I tried to update firmware see if that helped and as with every other time I loaded 1.6.8 30% reduction in signal.

I leave for Alaska on Tues NC and AR following week..just did an RMA one month ago so in a bind..If I could somehow revert my djigo app one version would make my day!! Cause what ever was working worked perfect...Love to help test prove the issue as well! my records are synced..check todays..compare to one day back..1.5.7 - 1.6.8 like to know more about the back-end reports
cheers
Darrin
2016-9-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

darrin@proimage Posted at 2016-9-3 13:33
Hi Ken this is the replacement and everything was great!! Can I repeat great!!

Then DJIGO updated ...

You are talking two different things. App updates and firmware updates.
The aircraft firmware for your Standard is 1.6.8, if you are experiencing range issues then downgrading the GO app is not going to make it better. Plus you cannot downgrade the app unless you find a way doing an internet search.
2016-9-2
Use props
darrin
lvl.4
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-2 22:42
You are talking two different things. App updates and firmware updates.
The aircraft firmware for  ...

I've been using 1.5.7 until today I loaded 1.6.8 just for you..to see if it made a difference - it did not! in fact made it worse ;-)  - That one aspect takes off 30% connection every time..

I had 'no' signal drops before the APP DJIGO was updated from .3 to .4
after tested in both firmware ( slightly less issue with 1.5.7) I hope that is clear.

Searching now for downgrade to android app method for couple days..as for craft firmware I have no issue with downgrade.
Thanks Ken
things were so good, when it changes not so fun..
cheers
Darrin
2016-9-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

darrin@proimage Posted at 2016-9-3 14:30
I've been using 1.5.7 until today I loaded 1.6.8 just for you..to see if it made a difference - it  ...

Maybe delete/reinstall the app.
There is a  new IOS / Android app 2.9
2016-9-3
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

darrin@proimage Posted at 2016-9-3 16:30
I've been using 1.5.7 until today I loaded 1.6.8 just for you..to see if it made a difference - it  ...

"Searching now for downgrade to android app method for couple days"

It's simple to revert to an earlier version of the app .... if you have the .apk file for the earlier version.
But like Ken says it's probably not going to change anything.
2016-9-3
Use props
darrin
lvl.4

Geebax Posted at 2016-9-2 07:18
'i've been involved in GUI software deveopment for a decade or two..'

Surprising, because if you w ...

To to add a little more info, the hidden files generated by DJI onto the SD chip are dated the same as the random files generated in my example using that 2013 date..so more to this than a few bad bits..
DJI has not responded. I now have 4 chips that will not work in drone that once did...
2016-9-10
Use props
warloc59
lvl.3
Flight distance : 209160 ft
  • >>>

The more I read, the more I come to the conclusion DJI has screwed us over with the latest FW update.  Fix it!
2016-9-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules