Osmo Mobile Gimbal with original Osmo
2199 20 2016-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ficelle
lvl.1

France

Hey,
great news for Osmo Mobile, but as a Osmo user, i'm pretty exited by acquiring the Osmo Mobile Gimbal alone...
is it possible ?
2016-9-1
Use props
Sky-way
lvl.2

United States

No the osmo mobile is a one piece device, the gimbal cannot be removed from the handle.
2016-9-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Osmo Mobile is a complete with a non-removable gimblal so it cannot be used on the original Osmo.
It also connects to your phone via Bluetooth whereas the regular Osmo connects via WiFi.
2016-9-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-1 15:40
The Osmo Mobile is a complete with a non-removable gimblal so it cannot be used on the original Osmo ...

Think DJI may  be taken the p**s lots of people have purchased osmo original models bought truck load of extras for there camera now find DJI holding back on simple firmware and software upgrades with what looks like a marketing plan to sell these cheaper osmo mobile products, I think it's fair to say as you are always pointing out the apple scenario when Apple produce new phones there is always a new firmware upgrade for older models to bring them up to spec, DJI are showing total disregard for customers who already have purchased there products,
I for one have always spoken highly about DJI's products and there innovation, but I now feel there loyalty to there customers is going downhill fast, as other similar products come on the market I think DJI will find these customers will remember they way they were treated..
2016-9-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-9-2 03:45
Think DJI may  be taken the p**s lots of people have purchased osmo original models bought truck l ...

Those who bought "truck loads of extras" will be happy because this is the same handle, just some minor differences like this handle is Bluetooth and no gimbal removeable lock since it's all one unit.
So all your accessories will screw into the rosette on the side of the handle.
2016-9-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-1 21:13
Those who bought "truck loads of extras" will be happy because this is the same handle, just some  ...

Not to sure if your just dismissing my questions or you haven't read them.
Just in relation to your answer where would I connect my z axis
2016-9-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-9-2 04:47
Not to sure if your just dismissing my questions or you haven't read them.
Just in relation to you ...

I'm sorry, I was talking about the accessories that connect to the rosette.
Since the gimbal is fixed, the Z-Axis cannot be used.
2016-9-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-1 21:53
I'm sorry, I was talking about the accessories that connect to the rosette.
Since the gimbal is fi ...

Ok so your just dismissing my questions or maybe you just don't have the answers.
2016-9-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-9-2 04:57
Ok so your just dismissing my questions or maybe you just don't have the answers.

I don't know if any of the features will be carried over to your Osmo.
2016-9-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Ok thanks for your time and honesty.
2016-9-1
Use props
chamanea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 999262 ft
  • >>>
Fiji

DJI guys, I hope you will come up with an adapter for existing OSMO users... I would very much like to use my current OSMO directly with my IPHONE in some case, and I would really find it annoying and not fair that I couldn't do so without having to purchase the whole new OSMO mobile for that...
2016-9-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

chamanea@gmail. Posted at 2016-9-2 05:22
DJI guys, I hope you will come up with an adapter for existing OSMO users... I would very much like  ...

Your Osmo connects to the camera via WiFi, the Osmo mobile connects via Bluetooth so it will not work even if the gimbal were removeable.
2016-9-1
Use props
USUAVMedia
lvl.2

United States

The new method of using Bluetooth to connect the phone to the OSMO makes perfect sense, so that the phone can connect to WiFi to get better reception when live-streaming.  What doesn't make sense is no providing active tracking to current OSMO users.  
2016-9-1
Use props
ueq2
New

United States

As an original OSMO owner i would also like to know about active tracking. Is the active tracking feature coming to the original OSMO/DJI GO app and if not why?
2016-9-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

USUAVMedia Posted at 2016-9-2 06:01
The new method of using Bluetooth to connect the phone to the OSMO makes perfect sense, so that the  ...

I am sorry that at this time that feature is not added to the Osmo.
2016-9-1
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

ueq2 Posted at 2016-9-2 07:27
As an original OSMO owner i would also like to know about active tracking. Is the active tracking fe ...

Replied to your question in above post. And I do not know why.
2016-9-1
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

ueq2 Posted at 2016-9-2 07:27
As an original OSMO owner i would also like to know about active tracking. Is the active tracking fe ...

No, because Osmo is designed in such a way that the image is processed mainly in the camera, but the camera of the X3 isn't powerful enough to do image recognition and active tracking.   Osmo Mobile's design makes sure that the image is processed with the CPU of the phone, thus enough processing power.
2016-9-2
Use props
uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-2 09:55
No, because Osmo is designed in such a way that the image is processed mainly in the camera, but t ...

Are you sure about that , as far as I know the device does the calculations when active tracking
not the camera , same way as Litchi for Osmo can active track.
2016-9-2
Use props
jcap858
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1949820 ft
  • >>>

The camera of the P4 can do active tracking, but the X3 can't. Alright...
2016-9-2
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

uptowndisco@hot Posted at 2016-9-2 17:24
Are you sure about that , as far as I know the device does the calculations when active tracking
n ...

Hi, currecntly 3rd party apps that can do active track on Osmo all do it on the device, which is an issue for Osmo, because the video needs to go through wifi and THEN to be processed by the CPU of the device, and then the device sends back the analyzing result to the gimbal, which inevitably results in lagging. While the Osmo Mobile can process the video locally in your phone.

DJI engineers have tested it before, but decide against it because the result is not satisfactory.
2016-9-2
Use props
SKRICHARDSON
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8356 ft
Mexico

Can the SONY ECMAW4 be used with the original OSMO, I see lots of threads and posts for compatibility to the Mobile, but what about the original?
2018-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules