DJI Update PLEASE for when the camera FW Fix will be released?
123Next >
6671 95 2016-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

HELLO DJI TEAM!!

Can someone please give us some information regarding the R&D team's progress with a X3 camera / Inspire 1 Firmware Fix. It has been several weeks now with reports all over the world with this same issue with frozen or unusable video downlink from the X3 camera.

Was this problem introduced with the new signal encryption that was changed awhile back among others???

Please give us some news to read besides a OSMO mobile release for the iPhone  

Peace out

Rich
2016-9-1
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

I hope someone listens. It seems like support and R & D persons don't talk to one another as much as we might wish for. So unless many people raise this issue, we will get stock answers.

In any case, more and more 'serious' flyers have migrated to other forums.
2016-9-1
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-9-1 18:14
I hope someone listens. It seems like support and R & D persons don't talk to one another as much as ...

MTC
I really don't want to ruffle feathers with the DJI guys, as I know they are doing their best. It needs to get some priority because I see that folks are returning the new Z3 cameras do to problems as well.  

It would be nice if they could at least acknowledge they are working on the fix in the FW and give us an ETA. Or they could target this fix and release it to us........ then later come out with a master firmware roll out.

Rich
2016-9-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi, Rich ,for this issue,tech support are working on it.And you could try to downgrade the RC version to 1.6.0 by below method:
From the main home page, if you press the graduation hat (upper right corner) and press it for 5-10 seconds then let go, it will take you into the downgrade menu (aircraft OFF while dong this.)
2016-9-1
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Hard to imagine just how this wasn't picked up before the product was released, but then similar things have happened before.
2016-9-2
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-2 14:32
Hi, Rich ,for this issue,tech support are working on it.And you could try to downgrade the RC versio ...

Hi Mindy,

I don't think the issue is with the new RC version since the problem I've faced with 'No Image Transmission' does not occur with RC version 1.7.40.  Aircraft FW 1.9.1.10 is stable (on a V1.0 aircraft). However, 1.9.1.30 (on a V2.0 aircraft) is the version giving problems.
(EDITED Sept 5th 2016; After extensive testing, I've come to the conclusion that there is something wrong with my aircraft and its not a firmware issue. If it is, it must be something that hardly affects other users)
2016-9-2
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

In my testing I see issues with different FW.

RC FW 1.7.40 has introduced the issue with red bars in custom channels as well as bad RC signals warnings all the time regardless of how good they where.

Aircraft FW 01.09.01.30 that is the same across Inspire 1 with just different versions for different Cameras i.e.
FC350Z = Z3
FC550 = X5
FW 01.09.01.30 = X3

Problems seems to be the same across the X3 and Z3 with constant breakup, “No image transmission” and the garbled or blacked out screens, this seems to be worse on the Z3 especially when recording using higher rates like 4K.

The X5 has issues with zoom in manual mode where booth zoom and focus wheels are turning together when using the RC to adjust the zoom.

We do know that issues are reported and DJI have said to be working on them, right now I guess we just have to wait.
2016-9-2
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

What have you found out to be helpful in the meantime ?

Do you downgrade the RC ?  Or the AC ?  or both ?

Did you also reinstall the Go app without the Upgrade ( Hack 32 channel )  I did this but did not notice any improvement, I thought it could be part of the problem .  

I am currently on the 1.9 on the AC 1.7 on the RC  and the Latest go app for the Apple system 2.8.7 . In other words - up to date
Also, I am going to my tewst flying area this weekend in Rural Michigan , I am going to domy test flight at the same area I aways do with the exact same settings I always use to keep consistent.  I will let you know if the preformance drops from my test spot.  This way ai eliminate any external forces or they are at least equal to when I was at 1.4 on the FW.

donnie
2016-9-2
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

Donnie,
I have tried many different combinations and this is where I currently are:
GoApp: Found no change in using the latest 2.8.7 after deleting and reinstalling different versions of the apps so are staying on 2.8.7. Also found no impact in using the "hack" or not.
RC: downgraded to 1.6 and that seems to be the best currently.
AC: On my Pro with X5 I am on FW 1.8.1 even though I am missing out on some of the improvement to the camera in the fw 1.9.1 and higher.
2016-9-2
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-1 23:32
Hi, Rich ,for this issue,tech support are working on it.And you could try to downgrade the RC versio ...

Hi Mindy,
As others have pointed out, the downgrade did not correct the problem as I believe this was introduced in a prior FW update (1.81). We have done some experiments with different combinations of things and all of them did not seem to change the outcome.

I can say that my Inspire 1 was returned to the DJI Shop and the X3 camera was replaced. My Inspire was tested and then returned in super fast service! It fly's great and the camera works perfectly now. The video streaming however must be tied to a FW issue that is affecting my Inspire 1 X3 owners across the world.

Could you please ask the R&D guys if they have all the data they need, I would be willing to submit more information if they need it.  We need a solution as soon as possible, this is costing DJI Z3 camera sales too.

mikethecat and cougar1 also have some information to share if needed.
2016-9-2
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-2 05:57

Do you downgrade the RC ?  Or the AC ?  or  ...

We look forward to anything you can share Donnie. To date none of the combinations or downgrading the FW, DJI App or hack really matter. I really think this happened with the 1.81 FW update and possibly camera module related.

Rich
2016-9-2
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2016-9-2 05:30
In my testing I see issues with different FW.

RC FW 1.7.40 has introduced the issue with red bars i ...

cougar

Thank you for your contributions and hard work on this issue.

I know that DJI is working on the issue and sincerely hope we can get them to give us a possible date for release of this very critical FW fix.

Rich
2016-9-2
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-9-2 23:54
cougar

Thank you for your contributions and hard work on this issue.

Rich, I belief you are correct in that this is widespread and affecting multiple cameras and platforms. Think that in order to help R&D help us we need to be specific in all reports and not just say "it is no good" or "it docent work". The more info and more specific we are the better. The video submitted by Rich is a good example, also include what FW different components are on.

I do belief that we have issues that needs to be fixed in booth the RC as well as AC firmware.

2016-9-2
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2016-9-2 09:14
Rich, I belief you are correct in that this is widespread and affecting multiple cameras and platf ...

Thanks cougar and now let's see if DJI can help us get this fixed. It would be great if the DJI team can provide us with an update or when they expect the fix to be released.

Rich
2016-9-2
Use props
Farnk666
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

I'd suggest that you return your Z3s for a refund and re-purchase when the technical issues are resolved.
We have seen this pattern occur again and again with previous products, it's time for customers to demand a baseline level of quality engineering that actually provides the basic functionality promised at launch.
2016-9-2
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

Farnk666 Posted at 2016-9-3 01:16
I'd suggest that you return your Z3s for a refund and re-purchase when the technical issues are reso ...

Imagine if they built automobiles!
2016-9-3
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Please note that we have a new Go App release 2.9

Guess what they pushed an update for the Go App today. I wonder if the included a fix for the camera bugs/>?  check it out and see what you find.  I installed the app and connected to my Inspire 1 no signal issues noted... but I will not get a chance to fly today.

Please comment if you can and report back on this post

Rich
2016-9-3
Use props
uptowndisco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7394987 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-9-3 18:56
Please note that we have a new Go App release 2.9

Guess what they pushed an update for the Go App t ...

It has not fixed the Z3 problems , still the same
2016-9-3
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

uptowndisco@hot Posted at 2016-9-3 14:55
It has not fixed the Z3 problems , still the same

That is to bad, I hoping that we would see some improvements!!

Rich
2016-9-3
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-2 05:57

Do you downgrade the RC ?  Or the AC ?  or  ...

flew the P4 today with the new 2.9 Go App and it flew perfectly... Have not tested the Inspire 1

Rich
2016-9-4
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-9-4 23:40
flew the P4 today with the new 2.9 Go App and it flew perfectly... Have mot tested the Inspire 1

My Inspire with the X3 flew great , no glitches at all , close to 2.5 miles out !!

donnie
2016-9-5
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-5 03:20
My Inspire with the X3 flew great , no glitches at all , close to 2.5 miles out !!

donnie

Thanks for the report Donnie, I can't figure out why some are not having any issues while others are almost grounded?

I will fly my inspire 1 today and see if the Go App made any difference.

Rich
2016-9-5
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

That sounds good, tested with X5 and still had my issues even if they where more camera related.
Will test with the X3 as soon as I can.
2016-9-5
Use props
Mike-the-cat
lvl.4
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-9-2 23:41
We look forward to anything you can share Donnie. To date none of the combinations or downgrading  ...

Rich: Further analysis on my problem suggests its an aircraft issue and I'm sending it in for repair.
2016-9-5
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2016-9-5 08:17
That sounds good, tested with X5 and still had my issues even if they where more camera related.
Wil ...

I flew 2 flights in my home (controlled environment) Our outside temp was about 79*F and my batteries were at about 47-59*C on my App.

I was using my iPad mini 2 with the Shou screen recording app running with the DJI GO App 2.9 update. No issues were detected with my video streaming downlink. I did notice the RC signal strength issue a few times but I had 5 bars all the time.
11 min flight and 13 min flight. I really put the inspire through some paces, this was not just a hover and watch style flying.
They were total 2613 and 1627 foot distance (but plenty of residential interference). It would be easy to fly one mile over some nearby fields, but wanted to keep it safe right now.

I still feel something is slightly off....I hope DJI can resolve the FW soon.

EDIT:

It started to act up again on the 3 try... when I shut down the video recording on the DJI App the Shou screen recorder stopped working. I started to get the downlink drops again too. Problems are still there unfortunately...!

Rich
2016-9-5
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-9-5 08:50
Rich: Further analysis on my problem suggests its an aircraft issue and I'm sending it in for repa ...

Sorry, MTC. I hope you report back what they find with your machine. I wish you a speedy recovery

Rich
2016-9-5
Use props
Alastair
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
Canada

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
2016-9-5
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Dear All,

DJI has just provided iOS GO App version 2.9.1 in App Store on today (6 Sep).

DJI announced, inter-alia, "bug fixing" in describing What's New in the version.

Please see if it help resolving the issues some of us are experiencing.

Henry
2016-9-6
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-9-6 07:29
Dear All,

2.9.0 was just released Henry, are you saying this is another update 2.9.1 for Apple systems  ?

donnie
2016-9-6
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Hi Donnie,

This was what DJI provided a couple of hours ago.
Henry
IMG_0181.jpg
2016-9-6
Use props
Donnie
Second Officer
United States

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-9-6 07:49
Hi Donnie,

This was what DJI provided a couple of hours ago.

Wow, within 4 days there is another update .

Thanks for sharing Henry

donnie
2016-9-6
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

2.9.1 Fixed my issue with zoom control of the 14-42 lens in Manual mode
Edit: sorry posted to fast, issue is back.
2016-9-6
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-9-6 05:29
Dear All,

Hi Henry

Thanks for reporting on this release. I have installed it on all of my devices. I hope to give this a try soon. I noticed they did not specify what bugs they were fixing but I am glad they are working on solving the problems.  IMO I still think something is buggy in the last FW.

Rich
2016-9-6
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2016-9-6 06:29
2.9.1 Fixed my issue with zoom control of the 14-42 lens in Manual mode

hey cougar this is good news, I hope they keep working on the FW too.  DJI did not say what bugs they fixed but happy they came out with these changes so quickly.

Rich
2016-9-6
Use props
Cougar1
lvl.4
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-9-7 00:32
hey cougar this is good news, I hope they keep working on the FW too.  DJI did not say what bugs t ...

Rich, like to hear from any of the  Z3 guy's and how the new app worked for them.
2016-9-6
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2016-9-6 09:43
Rich, like to hear from any of the  Z3 guy's and how the new app worked for them.

I would like to hear from these guys too. Sounded like many of them retuned the Z3 for a refund...  I hope will hear some good news today

Rich
2016-9-6
Use props
robaleong
lvl.2
Flight distance : 891598 ft
  • >>>

Has any flown withe z3 since these updates?.... If so is there still video lag?
2016-9-7
Use props
j_smith553
lvl.1

United States

Yes there still is lag and same problems as before. This firmware update was obviously not for the Z3.
2016-9-7
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

j_smith553 Posted at 2016-9-7 14:50
Yes there still is lag and same problems as before. This firmware update was obviously not for the Z ...

Thanks for reporting on the Z3 results.

I just came back from flying my Inspire 1 V2 X3 with iPad mini 4 cell/Wi-Fi version and the video lag or drop out was just terrible.

I hope the R&D team has a new FW fix soon, I just can not rely on my Inspire to provide me with the downlink video like it once did
IMG_0053.jpg
I will post a clip showing the findings with the DJI Go App 2.91
Rich
2016-9-7
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-9-6 05:29
Dear All,

Hi Henry,
My X3 camera video downlink has been unstable while using my Inspire 1 V2. But the SD files were (awesome) however my P4 has been doing great.
After using the Go App 2.90 with my P4 with iPad mini 2 and mini 4 it worked great in about 78*F.  After updating to the Go App 2.91 I decided to fly the Inspire 1 using only my iPad mini 4 and the video drop was terrible!
So, now after some extensive research between my iPad mini 2 and mini 4. I decided to reach out to Apple for help. This is because after the new Go App release 2.9 and 2.91 lately I tried my 2 devices to see if there was a difference. My iPad mini 2 did not have as many video downlink drops as did my iPad mini 4 (which has a faster CPU) This was very weird and could not explain why I was having the trouble. As some of you know I was using the Shou screen recording App at the time of the experiment and was able to share this with Apple.  I have not posted the screen video here on the forum. I did not want to be the only one complaining to DJI about this lag or freezing issue (thinking it is FW related) without doing my part by confirming it was not the device hardware/ software.  Also, I know the DJI R&D is working on this (but it is never fast enough) as we are waiting for them to release a new FW fix.
So,..... after downloading my device log files and other information requested by the Apple tech, they looked at my iPad mini 4 log files and did not find any issues with the hardware. He is forwarding my video and logs to the developers.
Now I can do a factory install on my iPad mini 4 and only install the DJI Go App and retry my experiments or wait for 3 days and install the iOS 10 and try it with Apples new system (all bug fixes etc) or just wait for DJI to release the new FW.

Not sure I know what to do at this point I am really getting frustrated with my Inspire 1.

Does anyone else have some comments or suggestions?

So now it is back to the drawing board!!
Rich
2016-9-8
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules