DJI Update PLEASE for when the camera FW Fix will be released?
6677 95 2016-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2016-9-28 05:57
Rich, very possible that something is wrong with the Inspire and needs to go back, just back from  ...

Hey cougar
I know I grounded my Inspire, but I was traveling this past week and gave this some more thought.  I think one of my special cables could have been acting up. reinforced (certified) Cambond cable with metal connectors. I had never had a problem with these cables before now.

I flew today (with a stock Apple cable) on HD manual mode without any drop outs at all. 13 minutes was completely solid on channel 14 (in my area). this was with my RC 1.6 AC 1.81 and App 2.92  iPad mini 4 cellular / Wi-Fi type 128gig drive.
I am going to try some more testing tomorrow with my iPhone 7 with the new Go App 3.0 in both Auto mode and manual mode, plus with my slave controller (if time)

I still feel we have a problem with the FW that is the root cause of most of these issues. The other constant is the multiple changes with the DJI Go App (bugs) that are being tweaked all the time as well.

Rich
2016-10-6
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-10-6 22:11
Hey cougar
I know I grounded my Inspire, but I was traveling this past week and gave this some mor ...

Hi Rich, that is really good news. Makes more sense that it would be the cable and yes we need new firmware to get a fix for this, And my friend also had issues on the newer firmware but as long as 18.1 & 1.6 is installed it works fine even with the new Go app (3.0).

As for the cable decided to make my own custom cable, don't like the straight USB connector for the Mini iPad and also wanted it to be shorter so the cable did not flop around. I have made a number of these cables for other people as well and have not had any issues.
2016-10-7
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Cougar1 Posted at 2016-10-7 05:46
Hi Rich, that is really good news. Makes more sense that it would be the cable and yes we need new  ...

cougar
I flew again today at 5,493 feet distance and at 400 feet 14 min flight. The video signal was at 5 bars the entire time.  I put the video HD back on automatic and had a few drops but pretty minor at that. I checked the video channel it selected in auto mode and it was on ch 20. It is funny that ch 20 was one of the weak channels of the group (not the worst one). I went into manual and picked ch 32 and it worked perfectly the rest of the flight.
I am still testing on DJI Go App 2.92 and did not have time to try another battery with version 3.0 on my iPhone 7.

Rich
2016-10-7
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Flew today with my (new) replacement USB cable and this was at the river location. I did not have any____ drops for the entire flight of 11 minutes. I only had time to fly in manual mode ch 32 and I was all over the place with the aircraft.  At this point, I am un-grounding it but still hopeful of the new FW will solve most of the other issues out there.

I am very relieved that I can fly again and see the shots
Rich
2016-10-8
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-10-9 12:46
Flew today with my (new) replacement USB cable and this was at the river location. I did not have an ...

Hi Richard,

Glad to hear that. So you nailed down the major issue was caused by a problematic USB cable, right?

Henry
2016-10-9
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-10-9 03:04
Hi Richard,

Glad to hear that. So you nailed down the major issue was caused by a problematic US ...

I purchased 2 of the Cambond Apple MFi Certified 1ft Lightning Cord Nylon Braided for the DJI connection from Amazon. These are just an awesome size and fit. After some experimenting I discovered that one of them was defective or at least contributing to my video downlink problem (sorry DJI). I put a standard Apple USB cord into my remote and pesto the problem has gone. However, I still do not believe this is completely solved because I am getting glitches that come and go. At least I can fly and see to frame my shots now and not worry that I have a bigger problem lurking.

I sent an email to Cambond telling them about my bad USB cable and the sent me a replacement out to me in about 5-7 days. I used the new cable yesterday and it worked perfectly!  That was excellent customer service. So their USB cables are worth the price and I have the link below
Link to Cambond Cable

Your friend
Rich
2016-10-9
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hey DJI can you please provide us with an update

Rich
2016-10-15
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI  Could you please provide us with an update for the new FW .... It would be nice to know what is going on and when the fixes will be available for the Inspire 1

Rich
2016-10-27
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-10-28 02:14
DJI  Could you please provide us with an update for the new FW .... It would be nice to know what is ...

Is there a new update now - i have not seen any
2016-10-27
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

nilsblix@gmail. Posted at 2016-10-27 12:26
Is there a new update now - i have not seen any

No FW yet! We have been all waiting for R&D to get this finished.  I know the Z3 guys are still waiting too.

I was asking if anyone at DJI can give us an update of the progress or release date?

Rich
2016-10-27
Use props
BIGDZ
First Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-10-28 11:43
No FW yet! We have been all waiting for R&D to get this finished.  I know the Z3 guys are still wa ...

Rich I don't think we are high on there priority list... with the release of the Mavic Pro, rumored Inspire 2, Osmo plus, Osmo Mobil, Z30...we may be waiting for a resolution a bit longer...
2016-10-27
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

BIGDZ Posted at 2016-10-27 21:01
Rich I don't think we are high on there priority list... with the release of the Mavic Pro, rumore ...

I am sad to say you are right....  I was hoping that we could get an update by now. I am running the older FW to keep my Inspire 1 working properly as many others are doing the same thing. It would be nice to have these bugs finally sorted out so we can all move on.

Rich
2016-10-28
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-10-29 02:20
I am sad to say you are right....  I was hoping that we could get an update by now. I am running t ...

Rich,

After reviewing multiple posts, evaluation my own experience and looking at Donnie's advice page, I've come to the conclusion that if FW is a problem, its one of several others. Most of the No Image Transmission issues appear to relate to poor contact or something to that effect somewhere along the chain from camera to aircraft to Tx to mobile device.

DJI may do something to tweak packet redundancy so that a brief contact failure won't be noticed but as most fliers (I asked on RC Groups.coms' site and PM'ed Ed), particularly the professional ones have not complained, I think there is some reluctance to work on this matter more.
2016-10-31
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-10-31 17:22
Rich,

After reviewing multiple posts, evaluation my own experience and looking at Donnie's advice ...

MTC
I agree with your connectivity of the camera theory is a contributing factor, I am not convinced that this is the only issue. I still believe the automatic signal selection is not working properly and remains to be an issue.

I guess, I will stop pushing for a solution from DJI and just stay silent.    donnies summary / advice page came from a lot of testing and trial and error by many others.

I think I am done here.

respectfully
Rich
2016-10-31
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

RichJ53 Posted at 2016-11-1 10:35
MTC
I agree with your connectivity of the camera theory is a contributing factor, I am not convinc ...

Hi Rich,

I don't auto channel selection works for advance flyers like yourself. Stick to custom selection after spending a few seconds observing nearby RF activity.

Enjoy flying!
2016-10-31
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mike-the-cat Posted at 2016-10-31 22:02
Hi Rich,

I don't auto channel selection works for advance flyers like yourself. Stick to custom s ...

Hi MTC
You are right, this works very nicely and only takes a moment to check on the location.  Let's see if DJI does something in the near future

Enjoy my friend
Rich
2016-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules