Update / new functions for the Osmo
3167 29 2016-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
c_grave
New

Germany

Hi!

in the last days DJI has lauched die OSMO+ and the OSMO mobile. Both, have new functions like timelapse with a rotating Camera or the following objekts funktion.
Will these great functions be integrated by a update to the "old" OSMO? (I hope so!)

Thanks for your answers!

Chris

2016-9-2
Use props
nico_mav
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1858852 ft
Greece

If you believe in miracles, then, yes!
2016-9-2
Use props
amadeus1
lvl.2

Germany

http://forum.dji.com/thread-61798-1-1.html
2016-9-2
Use props
LenMiddx
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I'll settle for the next update solving some of the existing problems on the Osmo I.
2016-9-2
Use props
terrierist
lvl.3
United Kingdom

LenMiddx Posted at 2016-9-2 16:40
I'll settle for the next update solving some of the existing problems on the Osmo I.

I agree with you, feel very let down by DJI here.
2016-9-2
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

No.

We tested the timelapse with a rotating camera, it doesn't work well on Osmo because of hardware limitation. Osmo+ is modified a bit to make it perform well for motion timelapse.

2016-9-2
Use props
joshuanicholas1
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Why do I feel like a 3rd party app is already out there that allows us to do just that with the original OSMO?
2016-9-3
Use props
hedron
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-2 23:25
No.

We tested the timelapse with a rotating camera, it doesn't work well on Osmo because of hardwa ...

Howabout with X5 and X5R gimbal camera? Isn't it work well too?
2016-9-3
Use props
user7bff2a73e7
New

Philippines

Hi. I just got my new Zenmuse X3. However, after updating the firmware and connecting to the DJI Go App, I can't see the live feed of the camera, its just a black screen. Moreover, the playback button takes forever to load. I suppose there will I view my Slow Mo shots and Panorama. By the way I'm using Samsung A8. Thanks for the reply
2016-9-3
Use props
martin94b
lvl.3
Germany

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-3 08:25
No.

We tested the timelapse with a rotating camera, it doesn't work well on Osmo because of hardwa ...

Ah, interesting.

So you admit that the promised feature will never come on Osmo X3 then?!

THEN HOW DO I GET MY MONEY BACK?
2016-9-4
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

user7bff2a73e7 Posted at 2016-9-4 00:31
Hi. I just got my new Zenmuse X3. However, after updating the firmware and connecting to the DJI Go  ...

Hi, can you try another device? Like an iPhone, or other Android phones and see if it happens? Also, does it work before you upgrade the firmware?  Or you upgrade it when you get it?
2016-9-4
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

joshuanicholas1 Posted at 2016-9-3 05:55
Why do I feel like a 3rd party app is already out there that allows us to do just that with the orig ...

You can try them. We did, they don't work well.
2016-9-4
Use props
moiseev.sergey
lvl.2

Estonia

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-5 06:29
You can try them. We did, they don't work well.

Sounds like some type of proud in your voice. Did I get you right and you invested some time into making that true? Those osmo+ doesn't gonna sell them self?
2016-9-5
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

moiseev.sergey@ Posted at 2016-9-6 06:10
Sounds like some type of proud in your voice. Did I get you right and you invested some time into  ...

Hi, what I was trying to say was that DJI as a business care about its customers, of course.

But our R&D team did invest time in developing both the Motion time-lapse feature and Track Feature on  existing product-- the Osmo, but realized it doesn't perform well because of hardware limitations, which we improved in Osmo+ and Osmo Mobile.

2016-9-5
Use props
MartinK
lvl.3
Flight distance : 68471 ft

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-6 10:49
Hi, what I was trying to say was that DJI as a business care about its customers, of course.

But  ...

How about X5 and X5R gimbals? Are these models also not as good as Osmo+?
2016-9-5
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

MartinK Posted at 2016-9-6 15:15
How about X5 and X5R gimbals? Are these models also not as good as Osmo+?

The gimbals on Osmo, Osmo Pro are released the same time, thus has similar limitations;  Osmo+ is released about a year after it, with some improvements.

2016-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-6 08:19
The gimbals on Osmo, Osmo Pro are released the same time, thus has similar limitations;  Osmo+ is  ...

Hi DJI Thor I have used motion Timelapse with litchi osmo app on my original osmo it works fine, I really think you are making excuses for DJI not being able to sort out these things like motion Timelapse,and active track for original osmo, this is clearly to do with marketing on new osmo+ and osmo mobile,
It's time for DJI to look after customers who spent a lot of money on osmo original (remember these were your first customers to purchase this innovative product ) but now feel let down and left behind with an inferior product.
I think you will find when Apple releases the new iPhone 7 TODAY they will announce new softwear upgrade to iOS 10, but this softwear will be for iPhone 5,6,6s & 7 it won't be just iPhone 7, you and your colleagues here on these forums are forever quoting how Apple and how they do things, now it's time to take a leaf out of there book and do the right thing.
It's not right or fair that DJI decide to leave original osmo customers behind while they rub there new products in there faces, it's time to stop making excuses for DJI and do the right thing for customers you already have. (But for how long)
2016-9-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-9-7 23:38
Hi DJI Thor I have used motion Timelapse with litchi osmo app on my original osmo it works fine, I ...

That's what the R&D team told me. I don't think they'll lie to me about that. I've never used Litchi myself. Would you please show me a video of Osmo with Litchi doing motion timelapse? The kind that panning from left to right. Thank you.
2016-9-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-8 04:16
That's what the R&D team told me. I don't think they'll lie to me about that. I've never used Litc ...

Ok I will but at the moment it's very windy here but I will keep you in touch. Thanks for your reply
Here's one I picked up from you tube it's not a very good example but you can see how it works.

2016-9-8
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

hallmark007 Posted at 2016-9-8 16:44
Ok I will but at the moment it's very windy here but I will keep you in touch. Thanks for your rep ...

Yes, I've seen this one and it wasn't very good, and that's what the R&D team referred to as hardware limitation.  
2016-9-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-8 11:24
Yes, I've seen this one and it wasn't very good, and that's what the R&D team referred to as hardwa ...

Hi Thor
You seem to be missing the point,motion Timelapse can be achieved with osmo1 and yes this is a bad example but I think with a bit more imagination much better videos can be achieved, the problem is DJI R&D seem more interested in making new products with all these extra features and absolutely no new development for customers owners of original osmo, and these are the questions people on these forums are looking for answers for, why not just come straight out and say DJI will not be developing osmo any further, or DJI are working on ways to develop new features for original osmo.
I am second guessing here but I don't think you will be able to give me any answers on these matters.
2016-9-8
Use props
pablotibis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 50932 ft
  • >>>
Italy

DJI if this continues making new products and leave the old with no new features will not have much life, people will move to other brands (you are not like Apple that support with new versions even at 4 years ago telephones). It would be better DJI changes immediately strategy.
2016-9-8
Use props
Maxgr
New

Russia

I want whats function on my osmo x3, I don't need to by osmo mobile or +
in instagram I write this to many times but have no answer
2016-9-16
Use props
james.mcmillan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 71739 ft
United States

Maxgr Posted at 2016-9-16 17:21
I want whats function on my osmo x3, I don't need to by osmo mobile or +
in instagram I write this  ...

I'm just an observer...but I feel that there are a few points that are being missed.

1) DJI's adding functionality to their products (GO, in this case), is never "free."  DJI needs to commit resources to add functionality, and that costs money.  They would need to recover this cost in the price of their products in some form.  In this case, they have chosen not to add the tracking functionality to the OSMO - apparently based on their cost/benefit analysis.

2) DJI has created an open platform which allows/encourages non-DJI developers to add functionality if/when they see a market for it.  Of course, they need to be compensated for their efforts, hence, they need to charge a price that justifies their effort, yet that is still at a price that will sell.

3) To my way of thinking, this philosophy makes a lot of sense.  To be successful over the long term, DJI needs to create a steady stream of new and innovative products.  They must balance their resources between the development of new products and support for existing products.  In essence, they "outsource" some of the continued product support for existing products to third parties via their open platform.  Further, they don't have to risk their resources adding (software) functionality that they may not be able to profitably provide.  They allow the third-party application developers to take that risk - and potentially reap those rewards.

I own a Phantom 3 Standard and bought Autopilot to provide the extra functionality that is not built into DJI GO (including tracking).  I see nothing wrong with that.  In fact, I'm glad DJI made it possible that a third party could add the extra functionality that I was looking for.  Not all Phantom owners need what Autopilot (or Litchi) provides.  I was perfectly happy to spend $30 for the added functionality I wanted.  However, I wonder how many people would have been happy paying an extra $30 for their Phantoms and get extra functionality in DJI GO they would never use?

That's the trade-off DJI must weight when considering adding functionality to existing products.  For those that need the tracking functionality with their OSMO, be happy there's a way to provide it in a pretty cost-effective way.
2016-9-16
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

james.mcmillan Posted at 2016-9-16 19:43
I'm just an observer...but I feel that there are a few points that are being missed.

1) DJI's add ...

There are still many glitches with the original osmo which are still not fixed, I think original osmo owners have every right to complain about a product which they spent a lot of money which still has plenty of unresolved issues,
Your right regarding other apps this is slowly becoming the new norm and I welcome this, one thing a word of warning as you are a phantom owner, dji have not guaranteed warranty for phantom owners using third party apps, so if this is the road they are going down they should make it clear to there customers.
If you purchase a iPhone 7 tomorrow and it has a fault I'm sure you would like it sorted before the release of iPhone 8...
2016-9-16
Use props
Chris_DJI
New

Everything I can read here is very disappointing...
@DJI-Thor Where are the differences between the OSMO and the OSMO+ such as the ZOOM Function? The fact that Litchi supports Motion Timelaps shows that DJI simply don't like to add the function.
This is ridiculous! I spend a lot of money and expect that a get support and update for my poduct to keep it up to date. (longer than 6 month)

Next time KARMA. Seems to offer the better package...
2016-9-21
Use props
BIGDZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

Give it time, can't treat customers like crap and expect them to return to buy your product. DJI seems to be rushing new products out, and in the end we are all beta testers. It's very frustrating. Rant over
2016-9-21
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Chris_DJI Posted at 2016-9-22 04:18
Everything I can read here is very disappointing...
@DJI-Thor Where are the differences between the ...

You can try Litchi's motion timelapse on Osmo, it doesn't work well, it won't stay horizontal, that's why DJI tested this function but decided not to add it.
2016-9-21
Use props
USUAVMedia
lvl.2

United States

I received an error posting, so I ended up posting twice. See my post below.
2016-9-24
Use props
USUAVMedia
lvl.2

United States

Can someone please list exactly what is wrong or missing from the original platform that DJI has promised?  I own a perfectly working original OSMO X3 and I'm curious, what I am missing.

I don't mind paying extra for an app that "adds to" available features, but I don't think I should have to pay if a new feature on a new platform can legacy to the original OSMO platform.  Like apple, everyone enjoys the new iOS update regardless of phone platform, but older models may not be able to use some of the new features because the resources cannot manage it.  

For the most part, I "think" DJI has done that.  I own an S900, Inspire 1, two OSMO's  and a phantom 2 vision plus. The only real issue I've ever experienced was poor satellite reception on the Phantom 2, which I was able to resolve by upgrading the gps module.
2016-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules