1080 5 2016-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jjphoto
lvl.4
Flight distance : 640203 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi,  I have an original OSMO and I also have an Inspire with X5 camera,  I have also purchased the X5 adapter for the OSMO and it works well.My confusion is over the firmware version on the OSMO with the X5 camera.
As it stands the OSMO is running V1.6.2.10 and the Inspire With the X5 is running 1.9.1.0 (not quite the latest) I realise that the two firmwares are very different.
I see that there is an OSMO Pro firmware update that takes it to V1.3.0.40,  this is a lower version number than I am already running with the X3 camera on the OSMO V 1.6.2.10.
Do I need to "update" to 1.3.0.40 on the OSMO to get all the functions on the X5 ?  If I do that what will it do to the X3 camera when it's on the OSMO with the Pro firmware?
If I did chage the OSMO to V1.3.0.40 with the X5 is this going to cause problems when the X5 camera is back on my Inspire Pro ?
See what I mean!
Confusing isn't it ?

John James

2016-9-2
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, this is what you should do, put the X5 on your Osmo handle,  then do it like here in this post https://www.facebook.com/DJISupport/posts/1167418336678095,   then your Osmo Pro is upgraded.

You can get X5 off and put it back onto your Inspire, it will work.
In a word, the firmware is in the camera, not the Osmo handle.
2016-9-2
Use props
jjphoto
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-3 05:26
Hi, this is what you should do, put the X5 on your Osmo handle,  then do it like here in this post h ...

Thanks for that but my point is this.
If I do as you suggest the firmware in the X5 camera will br "downgraded" if done on the OSMO from what it is at present.  It's on the latest Inspire firmware which is a higher number than the newest OSMO firmware.  That is where my confusion is.
2016-9-2
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

jjphoto Posted at 2016-9-3 14:52
Thanks for that but my point is this.
If I do as you suggest the firmware in the X5 camera will br ...

Hi, the firmware number of inspire, Osmo, Osmo Pro are not related to each other, so you shouldn't compare them directly.
2016-9-2
Use props
jjphoto
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Thor Posted at 2016-9-3 08:32
Hi, the firmware number of inspire, Osmo, Osmo Pro are not related to each other, so you shouldn't  ...

So the X5 camera can run with different firmware on at the same time ?  I'm sure you are right but I'm just making sure.
You'll know that the X5 firmware on the Inspire is up to the V1.9 so I hope you can see my worry about dropping it to V1.3 for the X5 on the OSMO handle then putting the camera back on to the Inspire and seeing the "firmware update required" message.
2016-9-3
Use props
jjphoto
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

jjphoto Posted at 2016-9-3 09:14
So the X5 camera can run with different firmware on at the same time ?  I'm sure you are right but ...

So without any definitive replies I upgraded the firmware on the OSMO with the X5 off my Inspire Pro.  All is fine with that combo showing firmware V 1.3.0.40,  when I put the original X3 camera back on the OSMO it is showing firmware V 1.6.2.10 and when the X5 camera goes back on to the Inspire it shows V 1.9 so all is well and it looks like it all works as it should,  I'm amazed.
What a maze of firmware !
2016-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules