Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wild.images
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4350712 ft
  • >>>
France

Hi all,

I have some issue with my phantom 3 pro (all worked ok for 40+ flight before)
But I seem that the gimball stabilization is perturbated

I have recalibrated IMU and gimbal but not sure if there is a specific additional gimbal calibration to do
I always fly in follow mode so normally I expect the horizon to kept straight which is not the case here

When I fly straight forward the drone (kept horizontally), when I start the gimball tilt on the right (like overcompensating)

And I stop, the camera tilt on the left (again not needed) and I do not have stabilized image as before

Is there a specific calibration I could do ? Thanks for your help in advance

2016-9-2
Use props
shakin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 460039 ft
Ireland

have a check and see if one of the white rubber dampeners that smooth vibration has come out of its location. happened me before but not after a crash. thats all i can add to this
2016-9-2
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Unfortunately your clip is too short to get a good idea of the problem. You should be able to do the same thing while holding the drone on the ground and tilting it. Perhaps you could shoot a clip of that being done.
2016-9-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Have you tried to recalibrate the IMU and gimbal, may as well do the compass too. Haha

RedHotPoker
2016-9-2
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

Yes there is a gimbal calibration, from the Gimbal Settings menu you can calibrate the gimbal.
If it still does the same thing than something internally may have need damaged in the crash and you may want to send it in for repair.
2016-9-2
Use props
wild.images
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

shakin Posted at 2016-9-3 00:51
have a check and see if one of the white rubber dampeners that smooth vibration has come out of its  ...

Thanks that was a good idea but after check no problem here. All 4 in good state
2016-9-3
Use props
wild.images
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

Geebax Posted at 2016-9-3 01:01
Unfortunately your clip is too short to get a good idea of the problem. You should be able to do the ...

Excellent idea as indeed more accurate. Thanks for the idea.
I just did a quick video where I move the drone slowly on the floor (front or back) and we can see well that the gimbal is not keeping horizontal and do slowly (very slowly) come back to horizontal

Here is the video link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/l6c9xxl4ostzl60/test-gimbal.mp4?dl=0

I did a recalibration before with no success. Guess this is no other other way to correct and has to go through servicing ?
2016-9-3
Use props
wild.images
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

RedHotPoker Posted at 2016-9-3 02:31
Have you tried to recalibrate the IMU and gimbal, may as well do the compass too. Haha

Thanks
Yes I did both + compass (for flight) but no change
2016-9-3
Use props
wild.images
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-3 06:50
Yes there is a gimbal calibration, from the Gimbal Settings menu you can calibrate the gimbal.
If it ...

Ok thanks

I just did a quick video as suggested above where I move the drone slowly on the floor (front or back) and we can see well that the gimbal is not keeping horizontal and do slowly (very slowly) come back to horizontal

Here is the video link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/l6c9xxl4ostzl60/test-gimbal.mp4?dl=0

I did a recalibration before with no success. Guess this is no other other way to correct and has to go through servicing ?
2016-9-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

wild.images Posted at 2016-9-4 04:59
Ok thanks

I just did a quick video as suggested above where I move the drone slowly on the floor  ...

Yes, I'm sorry. Looks like it would need to come in for repair.
2016-9-3
Use props
wild.images
lvl.3
  • >>>
France

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-4 00:44
Yes, I'm sorry. Looks like it would need to come in for repair.

Ok thanks, I will contact a repair center
2016-9-4
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

wild.images Posted at 2016-9-4 18:27
Ok thanks, I will contact a repair center

Sounds good, and sorry about your crash.
2016-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules