Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Suggestion to DJI
796 4 2016-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cedthered
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1225827 ft
Sweden

I am a professional survey pilot with UAS for the last 7years. I specialize in high grade 3D models for survey purposes and I fly with a Nikon D800 camera.
My big machine, an Aibotix X6 V2 does the job very well, but it is very expensive and very big. I sometimes have the need to fly smaller machines in confined spaces, or do high risk jobs. My Phantom 4 would be the ideal tool for the job, but the camera is not good for photogrammetry.
What about making a Phantom 4 with suitable camera?
Then you also need to make a better weigh point planner for mapping purposes.
2016-9-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello cedthered, thank you so much for your suggestion and feedback, maybe we will improve the feature in the future.
2016-9-3
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-4 15:16
Hello cedthered, thank you so much for your suggestion and feedback, maybe we will improve the featu ...

Would love to see a version (maybe P5?) with a higher quality/better ISO performance and zoom-able camera.
2016-9-4
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

It is not likely to happen, the Inspire is the high range aircraft with the better camera and lens, making the camera better on the P4 would just eat into sales of the Inspire.
2016-9-4
Use props
toddyplex
lvl.3
Flight distance : 452267 ft
Australia

A bare bones fixed focal length micro 4/3 sensor plus control of the aperture would be all I need. Weight is very important so happy to sacrifice zoom for flight time in a weight trade off. It's easy enough to move the drone for zoom given how fast they are and their impressive range. A lot of folks I imagine would upgrade their existing phantoms for such a camera equipped P5. I certainly would, and I'd pay more too.
I prefer to see a better camera on the phantom than move to an inspire mainly because the Phantom is much more portable, and the much lower weight.
2016-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules