1382 6 2016-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mabou2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

hi guys,  I am about 180 flights in at this point.  I am noticing that the antennas on my controller are getting progressively looser at the hinge point.  They are no longer able to hold up my signal extenders and are even starting to sag under their own weight.

I am a video producer who can't afford to have my equipment fail, so I am obsessively careful with everything I own.  I have awesome cases for every piece of equipment, including my drone kit.  The controller has never been abused or roughly handled, but it has gotten a lot of use.

Anyone else seeing the antennas getting overly loose?  If so, did you fix them? If so, how?  Since there are no screws evident at the mounting point, I don't see any way to tighten them.
2016-9-4
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

Looking at my stock rc it looks like there are little nipples that preasure fit when upright to hold the antenna in place.I can easily see those wearing out n getting weak over time. When I took another rc apart to modify it, there are only clasp like preasure fit to hold them inside the rc, needle nose plyers removed them easy enough. Anything u do shy of taping them up will void your warranty almost certainly... You will soon be messaged to " send in for repair" soon enough, lets start a bet on how long that takes, lol
2016-9-4
Use props
Grizz 1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120066 ft
United States

mine is getting noticeable loose in the elbow area, and I don't use a range extender, not terrible loose yet but I would like to know how to tighten it up some.
2016-9-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Mabou2, would you please send us a picture about it? if it is not working properly, please get it checked and fixed by the engineer, here is the contacting info:
Email: support.us@dji.com
Phone: +1 (818) 235 0789 (Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 5:00 pm (PST) )
2016-9-4
Use props
jcostello182
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861490 ft

United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-5 03:12
Hello Mabou2, would you please send us a picture about it? if it is not working properly, please get ...

Same here after 37 flights my left one is becoming very loose
2016-9-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

jcostello182@ho Posted at 2016-9-5 16:42
Same here after 37 flights my left one is becoming very loose

Hello Jcostello, May I know it operates normally or not? what's the model of your aircraft?
It's high appreciated if you could send me a picture or a short video, thanks.
2016-9-5
Use props
fans963dae0a
lvl.1
United States

Same issue right out of the box.  Tried dripping candle wax at henge point but no help.
2-19 19:53
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules