Osmo Mobile 360 photo creation for viewing in VR (HTC Vive)
2669 4 2016-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m.powley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1535 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have followed Osmo with interest since launch but given my expected usage couldn't justify the cost. The Osmo Mobile announcement changed that (along with a few Friday beers!) so I ordered a Mobile on Friday evening. This led me to watch all the Mobile review and general Osmo videos over the weekend and then to wonder if the Osmo and a tripod would be able to produce a 360 VR capture of an environment for me to view in my HTC Vive VR headset.  Even better to work alongside a photogrammetry package to piece together multiple 360 capture points.

I know the panoramic capture feature is imminent in DJI Go (Any news on when specifically?), however it's not clear if such 360 images would be part of this feature release.

My apologies if this has already been discussed, in my excitement to post and my anticipation of a shiny new Osmo Mobile I didn't search for previous discussions.

Oh and hello everyone,

Mark
2016-9-5
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry, it won't have 360 degrees panorama, it has ±150° degrees in rolling, because of hardware limitation.
2016-9-5
Use props
m.powley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1535 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you for the feedback.
2016-9-26
Use props
JuYpcO6hi7Tq
New
Thailand

I knew there is hardware limitation to do full 360 pan but is there any app that can assist panning and take photos to be stitched later in PC?
2016-9-26
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

JuYpcO6hi7Tq Posted at 2016-9-27 12:36
I knew there is hardware limitation to do full 360 pan but is there any app that can assist panning  ...

Normally there will be 3rd parties apps that support this. But later, Osmo Mobile is new and need some time to develop.
2016-9-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules