2676 33 2016-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394291 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello to all the DJI users and cosumers  who purchased DJI products.

Just Purchased a New Inspire 1 Pro Drone which arrived on Septmeber 3rd to Fedex pickup location and I was so excited to get it up flying ,  As this not my first DJI product and stared out with the Phamton 1 up too now the current Inspire 1.

As a result from reading all the forums about the TB47 batteries which come DOA, I purchased a backup TB48 on September 2 just in case.

Go figured I was right the New Drone TB47 was DOA and couldnt charge the Battery, My understanding these batteries are depleted to a zero voltage condition !!

Now I contacted Customer Support about this Issue  .

Email back from a "Mr. Prech"

1. Proof of Purchase
2. Photo of battery
3. Photo of battery with serial number
4. Screen shot of the battery information , from the DJO go App
5. Short video showing the case
6. Has the battery been involved in a crash or rough landing Etc.

"First of all the battery is Bad and I dont want to burn up the Drones Electronics with  Low voltage "
" DJI can check to see when I first powered the drone with the replacement Battery by my user Name"
" I really dont have time to start making videos of the Battery"

" MOST OF ALL THIS A PROBLEM THAT DJI IS AWARE OF " " SHIPPING BATTERY WITH VERY LOW OR UNDER 50% CHARGE"

2016-9-5
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I agree it is a little much , I would think sending it back would be proof enough .

Good thinking on your part to get the other battery.  You are NOT going to be able to do #4 if it wont come on .  

I would just send them a short (less  than 1 min )video to them from your phone, you could accomplish all they are requesting in under a 1 minute video .  

Cant wait for them to  issue batteries with some type of ON off switch or something.  This is just silly

donnie
2016-9-5
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Posted at 2016-9-5 12:45
I agree it is a little much , I would think sending it back would be proof enough .

Thank you for your reply,

I am a loyal customer of DJI products , I think no one is listening to the end users problems and conserns that we have after spending thousands of dollars to receive a defective product which they are aware  of.

From my reading on this forum I am not the only one .

Neil
2016-9-5
Use props
Theo from curac
lvl.2
Curaçao

I think I am just a lucky guy then. Bought 4 TB48 from Carlina Dronez and they all are  in good shape, no problems so far.. The only thing that worries me  is the temperature. Here  it's now 99 degrees and whan the Inspire comes home the battery  is really hot... and with hot I mean HOT..
2016-9-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Nazar, really sorry for your unpleasant experience, we'd like try our best to help you handle the case if any issue about the products. Please reply e-mail with the important proofs for further analysis. Thank you so much for your kindly understanding and cooperation.
2016-9-5
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Just return it to the place of purchase and ask for a swapover for anything broken.
2016-9-5
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-5 22:36
Hello Nazar, really sorry for your unpleasant experience, we'd like try our best to help you handle  ...

Just shipped the battery off to DJI.  DJI must stop sending DOA batteries out!!!

This shouldn't not happen to a new product, My time and energy spent in trying to make it work and travel time wasted.
2016-9-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

To clarify, did you purchase the unit from the DJI Website or from a dealer? Do the batteries turn on to display at least a low battery percentage, display solely a red LED from the power button, or do they not power on at all? Visuals are necessary in order to verify the warranty claim and to help determine if they are safe to send in for replacement. If this is a new unit that has not been flown or has not been connected to the Go app, there would be no way for DJI to check or verify any records remotely. If you wish to continue with a warranty claim with DJI, then the information that was requested would be necessary in order to continue. Of course if you cannot physically turn on the batteries, any Go app related screenshots can be skipped. The rest of the requested information would still be applicable.

As Farnk666 mentioned, you could also look into a full exchange for the entire system if you are still within the refund/exchange policy of wherever you bought the unit from.
2016-9-6
Use props
unsatisfied

Hong Kong

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2016-9-6
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

unsatisfied Posted at 2016-9-6 20:34
Don't try to blame dealers its the products you ship.
Holy if you are bad admit it.

None of the DJI reps are going to come on here and say, "Woops- we have a problem here and it's our fault "  this is beyond there responsibility.  They know there is a problem and are waiting for the Higher Ups to handle it.
donnie

2016-9-7
Use props
unsatisfied

Hong Kong

2016-9-8
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-6 13:57
To clarify, did you purchase the unit from the DJI Website or from a dealer? Do the batteries turn o ...

Please stop !! don't insult me..!!!

DJI knows there is a problem, and if you would of read,  what I wrote that I already purchased a spare battery one day prior .  I have done my research and expected  this once received  my Inspire 1 Pro that battery would not power on because of the way DJI ships the Battery from China to the USA.

The battery drops the voltage down to a un-chargeable level or Zero

The Battery is on is way back to Carson Ca for Warranty

So Please stop Insulting users of DJI products , we might stop buying your products.

Yes, I purchased from a Dealer online and told me to send it back... should assorb the shipping charges or should DJI pay!!  
2016-9-9
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2016-9-9 19:22
Please stop !! don't insult me..!!!

DJI knows there is a problem, and if you would of read,  what ...

Hello DJI Tech service,

Now that my battery is received at DJI , how long should I wait for my replacement to be resent.

When I spoke with customer service a week plus ago and told that my case was esolated  to a higher status ?

CAS-244698-H7C8P7

2016-9-15
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2016-9-16 02:44
Hello DJI Tech service,

Now that my battery is received at DJI , how long should I wait for my re ...

Repairs on full aircrafts normally take 1-2 weeks. Since batteries are just tested and replaced, it's going to be much faster than that. Based on the information provided, your battery was just checked in Today. As a high ball estimate, I would expect you to receive a better update from the Repair team direcetly no later than next week. Be advised that the North American facility does not work on the weekends.
2016-9-15
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-15 18:18
Repairs on full aircrafts normally take 1-2 weeks. Since batteries are just tested and replaced, i ...

Just received an email from DJI Support , Battery will be replaced and I thank them for that!!!

As I wrote an email before after being told it would take two weeks for a replacement battery wouldn't make any sense to purchased and spend thousands of dollars and still could use my drone.

Still disappointed that I had to state that I was going to post on Youtube a Video to make a video statement .

DJI-Jamiie ,  As a consummer and Professional 747-400 pilot and a back ground in Electronics.. I should of never had to beg for help!!

BTW- this is my Fifth Drone from DJI!! Hopefully not my Last.
2016-9-15
Use props
ffpdfirefighter
lvl.1

United States

also finally bit the bullet and purchased an inspire 1 v2.0 and right out of the box was a dead TB47 battery.  no activity what so ever when pressing the button on the battery and no charging activity.  I know the charging block works because I charged the controller no problem.  Contacted DJI and every dang email comes from someone different so every time I end up with a different answer and repeating what I told the last person I sent the email to!  DJI you are really pissing me off and I am extremely displeased with customer service on a device I spent over $2k on,  I should not be having to contact you to get problems fixed before I even get to power the dang thing on for the first time!  Extremely disappointed!!!!!

and the latest update is they want me to cover shipping costs to send the battery to them after they said they were going to send a shipping label!  They need to get their story straight and just send me a new battery,  I am getting really pissed off at their lack of customer service!
2016-9-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

ffpdfirefighter Posted at 2016-9-18 22:03
also finally bit the bullet and purchased an inspire 1 v2.0 and right out of the box was a dead TB47 ...

I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties.Could you please provide me with your ticket number or case number ?
2016-9-18
Use props
unsatisfied

Hong Kong

2016-9-18
Use props
ffpdfirefighter
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-19 11:33
I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulties.Could you please provide me with your ticket number or ...

request number- 289008
I have supplied you DJI with the video as requested that shows the battery not working, pics of the battery barcode, address, phone number, etc.  I just want a battery so I can use my $2000 paperweight (as it sits currently and has been that way since the day I received it), heck i dont even know that the drone works since I never did have a working battery to put into it.  I have been going around with all of you for almost a week now and I still have no resolution other than to pay and ship a dead battery (that I already proved through a video is completely dead)

DJI needs to make this right and now instead of wasting more of my time!
2016-9-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ffpdfirefighter Posted at 2016-9-19 16:17
request number- 289008
I have supplied you DJI with the video as requested that shows the battery n ...

Thanks for your feedback.I'll bring this to the attention of our NA support team.
2016-9-19
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-19 04:46
Thanks for your feedback.I'll bring this to the attention of our NA support team.

DJI Mindy,

What is a NA team?

It seems to be very clear that they is a problem with the Batteries becoming White or Black Paper weights.

DJI in My case is sending me a replacement Battery, Now I have to keep my fingers crossed that it works once received .  

I never worried about the Batteries when I was flying the earlier and less expensive model Phantom's.

I think if Apple sent iPhone 7 out last week with bad batteries the world would be very upset!!

Thank you for your Time!!

Semi-Happy DJI User
2016-9-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2016-9-20 06:01
DJI Mindy,

What is a NA team?

NA team is North America support team.
You have already sent the battery in , right?
2016-9-19
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-19 23:34
NA team is North America support team.
You have already sent the battery in , right?

DJI-Mindy

It has been 17 days since I picked up my Drone at the Local Fedex Delivery Center,  All I have received from DJI is that my Battery is going to be replaced,  Still no shipping information as of todays date.

CAS-244698-H7C8P7

Please look into my case and find out when I should expect to recieve my replacement Battery.

Only because I was reading the postings , If I didnt purchased spare batteries I still wouldnt be able to use my drone.  

Dii-Mindy

NA means North American Support team " So wheres the Support" ?

I am just seeking one thing from DJI  " A Honest Answer"  instead of nothing at all
2016-9-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

nazar404.yahoo Posted at 2016-9-20 21:01
DJI-Mindy

It has been 17 days since I picked up my Drone at the Local Fedex Delivery Center,  Al ...

The battery was QC tested Today and is expected to ship out by Tomorrow.
2016-9-20
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ffpdfirefighter Posted at 2016-9-19 16:17
request number- 289008
I have supplied you DJI with the video as requested that shows the battery n ...

You should have received an email from the Support team in regards to providing some sort of alternative. I'm sorry that you had initially received miscommunication on the shipping label. Unfortunately the shipping label could no longer be provided upon further review of your shipping information.
2016-9-20
Use props
ffpdfirefighter
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-21 08:38
You should have received an email from the Support team in regards to providing some sort of alter ...

and they have made that clear.  what changed from my initial email that I received from DJI about just sending a new battery to now where they are requiring me to cover shipping to send in the bad battery that I have already proven through video and pictures that does not work
2016-9-21
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ffpdfirefighter Posted at 2016-9-21 04:23
and they have made that clear.  what changed from my initial email that I received from DJI about  ...

Once again ,

Today date is 09/26/2016 eastern standard time in South Florida of 12:10 PM.

Waiting for TB47 replacement battery to be delivered from UPS ground  to my home.

Keeping my fingers crossed that I am going to recieved a working new battery !

Most of ALL is the point I wish to convey in this posting , The Date I received my inspire 1 pro was on 09/03/2016 .

THIS IS WHY OVERNIGHT SERVICE WAS INVENTED.

THANK YOU ALL AND THIS IS THE LAST POSTING I HOPE ON THIS SUBJECT .
2016-9-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

ffpdfirefighter Posted at 2016-9-21 16:23
and they have made that clear.  what changed from my initial email that I received from DJI about  ...

You should have received a notification that your case has been forwarded to our Headquarters given your location, since shipping courtesies are limited from the North American facility.
2016-9-26
Use props
steven.r.espino
New
Flight distance : 305358 ft
United States

Took me 2 months and endless phone calls, with a couple "I'm Sorry, about this"  yet I Finally got a replacement.  It took me, proof of purchase, video of problem, countless emails to different tech support people, and the blood of a virgin.  Ugh...damn you DJI
2016-10-4
Use props
steven.r.espino
New
Flight distance : 305358 ft
United States

HEY! I had this EXACT same problem.  I knew that THEY knew of this problem yet make it our problem.  They are a multi-million dollar business and yet we the consumers are screwed over more.  Took me 2 months to finally get my battery replaced.  So sad
2016-10-4
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
United States

steven.r.espino Posted at 2016-10-4 23:48
HEY! I had this EXACT same problem.  I knew that THEY knew of this problem yet make it our problem.  ...

Agreed, they must know of the issue but dont do anything Pro- active about it. It would be so simple to tell the Vendors to check the Batteries before shipping to customers , then have some replacement batteries on hand and send the defective ones back , so simple to help the consumer .

Then once the consumer has the defective battery all they need to do is provide , proof of purchase, video of defective battery , screen shot of defective battery , screen shot of battery History ,  etc.  

Just stupid .

Those that are buying the Mavic are not wise in my opinion BECAUSE of this customer Policy.  I for one will wait for at least a couple months. If they were pro active I would have had my order in already.

I love my DJI product , but some of there policies are silly.  

donnie  
2016-10-5
Use props
ffpdfirefighter
lvl.1

United States

been almost a month and I still do not have a replacement TB47 battery in my hand,  bought another and it too was dead.  Finally broke down and bought a TB48,  it actually works! however now I keep getting an Activation Failure when trying to register my Inspire 1 in the DJI Go app for its first flight >  chatted with DJI online and they were no help what so ever and only offered that I email DJI to arrange a return for replacement unit!  I made sure firmware was current on the Inspire and also updated the firmware on the remote control per the prompt but still nothing and I have been trying for the past 8 hours!
2016-10-20
Use props
Chris Swisher
lvl.1

United States

I had the same problem. Purchased the "all you need kit" from the DJI store, it shipped to me in two separate shipments, and sure enough, the second TB47 was DOA. Contacted support, took pictures, made a video, the whole 9 yards and shipped the dead battery back to California. Got my response back from DJI:
Your request for an exchange has been DECLINED.

Upon inspection of your item(s) our technicians found that the unit was defective, but it's attached to an aircraft and the aircraft was not sent in. Due to the discovery, the unit does not qualify for an exchange.

You want me to ship a $4300 quad and a X5 camera cross country to evaluate a $159 battery that was never installed in the airframe?

Lesson learned. NEVER buy batteries from DJI direct. Go 3rd party to get some assurance that the dead battery will be replaced in a reasonable fashion. Another dissatisfied customer evaluation.
2016-10-26
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Chris Swisher Posted at 2016-10-27 09:00
I had the same problem. Purchased the "all you need kit" from the DJI store, it shipped to me in two ...

There are two ways to get batteries replaced, one is through the Repair Department via a RMA and the other is through the Online Store as an exchange. An online store exchange requires everything that was purchased under the one price tag to come in for the exchange to be approved. In your scenario, since the battery that had issues came from the Inspire 1 and thus the Inspire 1 price tag, the craft and all the accessories would need to come in. If this was a separate battery with its own price tag, then just sending in the battery with its separate battery packaging would have been fine. Getting a battery replaced through the Repair Department does not require for everything to be sent in, but the replacement would not have the store packaging and you would be quoted the same approximate 1-2 week time frame as other repairs.

You should have received the option to have the battery transferred to the repair department for a RMA, which means that the battery would be replaced from the Repair Department and not the Online Store. Could you happen to provide your ticket or case number to better follow up?
2016-10-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules