Problems connecting to wifi on Phantom Vision 2
2180 12 2016-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
I've seen this is an issue on this model, unfortunately I have not been able to fix the issue. I have reason to believe this might be due to a firmware update but I'm not totally sure. Last thing I remember I used it on July 4th, 2016, and it prompted me to do an update after that it's when I began having this issue. I came home to update all the firmware and have found no luck, I've also binded the wifi transmitter and deleted and added the DJI app again. Attached you'll find the firmware I'm running. I really appreciate the help!
I'm running the PT2 and RC software from a MacBook Pro and the DJI app on my iPhone 6s.

Thank you all in advance!

PT2

PT2

RC

RC
2016-9-5
Use props
quanthonytrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Do a ping test.
Use a laptop or PC with wifi.
Power on Phantom and range extender.
Use the PC and connect no different then you connect with your phone/smart device.
Then click start > run > CMD. This will give you a dos command prompt shell.

Ping the following by typing PING XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
Ping 192.168.1.1 (range extender).
Ping 192.168.1.2 (upper wifi module board)
Ping 192.168.1.10 (lower wifi module board).

2016-9-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hello Bsalass, May i know the LED status of the system and power? You could not connect the wifi at all or you could connect it and bind the extender successfully but no image ?
Please double check the "About" page on the APP.
BTW, please send me the screen shots of the error page if convenient, thanks.
2016-9-5
Use props
quanthonytrang Posted at 2016-9-6 10:15
Do a ping test.
Use a laptop or PC with wifi.
Power on Phantom and range extender.

Hello quanthonytrang thanks for the suggestion, I tried this and both the upper and lower didn't not respond
2016-10-3
Use props
Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2016-10-3
Use props
2016-10-3
Use props
2016-10-3
Use props
DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-6 11:33
Hello Bsalass, May i know the LED status of the system and power? You could not connect the wifi at  ...

2016-10-3
Use props
Now it's connecting to the Phantom Wifi but when I go to the app and click on the camera it says Connection to Phantom failed
2016-10-3
Use props
DJI Natalia Posted at 2016-9-6 11:33
Hello Bsalass, May i know the LED status of the system and power? You could not connect the wifi at  ...

Hello, I can now connect to the wifi but it says connection to phantom failed, the lights on the phantom flash rapidly red and then 4 times green, all lights on controller are green
2016-10-3
Use props
I'm trying it from both an iPad mini 2 and a iPhone 7 plus
2016-10-3
Use props
I misspoke, the right light on the the top thing on the controller is red
2016-10-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

bsalass1@icloud Posted at 2016-10-4 13:47
Hello, I can now connect to the wifi but it says connection to phantom failed, the lights on the p ...

Sorry to hear that, if still the same case, the best course will be sent it in to our service center for further analysis and repair. Please feel free to contact our tech support at support@dji.com for further help.
2016-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules