M600 Poor Lightbridge Video Signal
3702 10 2016-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
johnbarr00
lvl.2
United States

I've been dialing in my M600 + MX + Sony A7RII. One thing I cant figure out however, is why the video transmission signal is so poor. It is constantly refreshing and going in and out when flying within good signal areas. I am hooked up via the M600's onboard HDMI for video transmission from the Sony to UAV. Also, when using the DJI Remote Start Stop system, the video signal consistently cuts out for about 10 seconds when switching from photo to video mode. Is this just the best the M600 can do for video transmission? Will the SRW60G be any better? Any advice, comments or other questions about my set up will be apprecaited!

[url=]IMG_3162.jpg[/url]
IMG_3162.jpg
2016-9-5
Use props
SkyPod.nyc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 170151 ft
United States

The SRW60G won't be any better. I have one. All it does is transmit a few inches to feed the LB2 transmitter, so you can eliminate the HDMI cable. That's all. Of course now you've added weight and yet another device to consume power. And if any camera has only an SDI output you'll require an SDI to HDMI converter to make it compatible with the LB2 or the SRW60G. Now you've added more weight and yes, another gadget that consumes power.
2016-9-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, how far can you go out before the image cuts out? What kind of mobile device are you using?
2016-9-7
Use props
johnbarr00
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-7 09:28
Just to clarify, how far can you go out before the image cuts out? What kind of mobile device are yo ...

Thanks for you response. Not far at all. 100ft image signal reads strong but is visably extremely spotty. Constant scanning from top to bottom and refreshing. I was able to change the HDMI settings to low latency, but it is still not anywhere near the consistency of the P4 and Inspire video feed. Is that just the standard for this aircraft?
2016-9-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

johnbarr00@gmai Posted at 2016-9-10 10:26
Thanks for you response. Not far at all. 100ft image signal reads strong but is visably extremely  ...

You should be able to do better than 100 ft. Does the Go app display a weak image transmission error message or does the screen seem to refresh often? What mobile device are you using? Are all the components up to date with the latest firmware?
2016-9-10
Use props
johnbarr00
lvl.2
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2016-9-10 21:51
You should be able to do better than 100 ft. Does the Go app display a weak image transmission err ...

Sorry for the slow response, I am out of town on business.

It says the signal is just fine, but it is losing image and refreshing every few seconds. Sometimes long enough to trigger the RTH feature.

I am using an iPad Air, fully up-to-date. GO App, Remote, M600 are all latest firmware. Cables to controller are all new, tested and working.
2016-9-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

johnbarr00@gmai Posted at 2016-9-15 01:54
Sorry for the slow response, I am out of town on business.

It says the signal is just fine, but i ...

Have you happen to try an Android device just to see if it's an iOS issue? In addition, have you checked to see if the Lightbridge 2 antennas are fully secured at both ends of the connection points?
2016-9-14
Use props
ECO-DRONES
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54265 ft
Brazil

Hello!

I'm worried to hear that!!

I'll begin right now, build a Matrice 600 + Ronin-MX, for use with a Sony A7S and Canon 5D.

My doubt is how I can access video-in (is HDMI mini ou regular HDMI?) on LB2, it's by superior or bottom plastic cover?

I can't figure out how setup a GoPro for second FPV camera, because on M600 manual showing only one HDMI video-in, the other port is an analogic video-in, right?

Thanks for help!
2016-9-30
Use props
i.am.ivan.stan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 345302 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

heyya

what about stability of the recorded video

i have lot of shakes using same setup

2018-2-1
Use props
Regijean
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Channel mode is "auto"? Make sure it is not "custom" will stay on 1 channel
2018-2-2
Use props
AIRWORKS.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5872635 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I know its been a long time on this post but im having the same issues on mine, its been great for years and just started looosing signal about 50m away i fly back to connects then breaks up with not a lot of distance and wondered if you ever worked out what was happening with yours?

Thanks
2022-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules