1059 4 2015-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
scooterlam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4626 ft
United States

Hi Guys -

Just took my Inspire 1 out today for it's maiden flight. Wow what a difference from the Phantom in terms of stability, responsiveness and just how smooth it moves. I'm impressed. Like many, I couldn't wait so I downloaded the iOS app via some other thread link to it. Seems to work fine. I do have a few questions as I'm paranoid after my Phantom 2 lost power 3 minutes into flight and dropped like a brick from the sky a few weeks ago.

1. Does having the Cellular Signal turned ON on my iPad air distrupt anything? I've read some places that keys and cell phones shouldn't be anywhere near the inspire as they can cause interference with the compass. On the other hand I've read that the GPS will be more accurate as maps will be updated in real time etc etc. Which is best?

2. My video feed when flying has been lagging and freezing every now and then. Is this normal or due to not using the iPad Air 2?

3. Can the gimbal be adjusted for start and stop points on the tilt? I don't like it pointing up at the sky.

4. Single operator can ONLY yaw to pan the camera correct? and the only control of the camera is the tilt rolling wheel?

5. Which color mode and settings are more of you using? I don't imagine this camera can be pushed much in post so I'm trying to keep the ISO down as much as possible.

Thank you,

Scott

2015-1-29
Use props
xzces
lvl.3
Flight distance : 81526 ft
  • >>>
Suriname

1 - The inspirere handles data different compared to the phantom. The transmitter has 1 connection that handles control and video feed. So the worst that could happen when getting a call or such is that you disrupt video feed. You won't lose control. Then again I always put it in airplane mode since I don't want to be distracted when flying.
2 - Could be due to the app version. I don't use apple so perhaps someone else could give you some info.3 - not that I know of.
4 - moving the gimbal in the app works best for me when taking photographs. For video you can program the c1 or c2 button to switch between yaw and tilt. This will enable both functions on the control dial.
5 - up until now with my limited experience I've only used the stock settings. Haven't got the chance to fly much because it's raining every single day :@

Happy flying and look out for prop/motor vibrations on the 2 arms before taking off. If you do have them wait for the prop guards.

Kurt
2015-1-29
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4626 ft
United States

xzces Posted at 2015-1-30 11:51
1 - The inspirere handles data different compared to the phantom. The transmitter has 1 connection t ...

Thanks for the quick Reply Kurt

I've disabled incoming calls on the iPad so that's not an issue. Will there be a benefit to having cellular capabilities on?

How do you custom designate buttons, wheels to functions?

As for the prop/motor vibrations, start props and watch it idle....Props seem on there pretty good.

2015-1-29
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

scooterlam Posted at 2015-1-30 12:03
Thanks for the quick Reply Kurt

I've disabled incoming calls on the iPad so that's not an issue.  ...

Check this out Scooter.

2015-1-30
Use props
GB44
Second Officer
Flight distance : 343848 ft
United Kingdom

CrabHawk Posted at 2015-1-30 23:37
Check this out Scooter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnLLGAywOQE

Crabhawk,

Thanks for this link.  

Very useful and was wondering if you could use those buttons for exactly this function e.g. camera adjustment for single user. The link is very easy to follow.
2015-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules