Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dallasehs
lvl.2

United States

I have 3 mobile devices
Ipad  DJI GO loaded but will not connect
An HP tablet that I had in the drawer , It can not seem to find CJI GO
Finally my Samsung Galaxy 4 that does work and connects but I dont like the idea of using my phone to fly my new P4

I would prefer to use the Ipad but it is one of the older large ones and I had to rig a piece of wood attached ot velcro to get it to mount on the remote. Im thinking it just may not be compatable.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance, Bill

BTW, Today was my first day to fly a drone. I had 3 sessions. the first 2 were in the beginner mode basically trying to figure everything out. The third one, I came out of the beginner mode and WOW, This Drone is Awsome. I have some good footage from around 270 feet up around my house.

2016-9-5
Use props
Heebus
lvl.4

Canada

here is a list of devices that can be used, depending on which Ipad, it may be to old to use, I have an ipad mini 2 it lags but does work

iOS Version v2.9.0.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v2.9.0.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-9-5
Use props
labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The app is quite demanding and won't run properly on just any old tablet.
2016-9-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello Bill,I'd suggest you use the devices in our recommend list.And enjoy your flight.
2016-9-5
Use props
QuadBart
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256506 ft
  • >>>
United States

I started by using my Iphone 6+ but screen is too small. So I tried my original Apple Ipad.  Not supported so it wouldn't work at all.  Tried my Ipad Mini wifi, while it worked okay, since it didn't have cellular, I couldn't use a couple features on my P3A.   Went out and bought an Ipad Air which works perfect...  Definitely check the "supported" list...
2016-9-6
Use props
Hawkeye54
lvl.2

United States

Heebus Posted at 2016-9-5 21:01
here is a list of devices that can be used, depending on which Ipad, it may be to old to use, I have ...

Thanks, I just went to Best buy and bought a new Ipad pro. Hope it works, Im having to download most of my apps again.
2016-9-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hawkeye54 Posted at 2016-9-7 02:36
Thanks, I just went to Best buy and bought a new Ipad pro. Hope it works, Im having to download mo ...

WOW, iPad Pro. That's an upgrade, you should have no connection issues with that incredible device.
2016-9-6
Use props
Wpgubaru
lvl.3
Flight distance : 254646 ft
Canada

I'm gonna try my Ipad4 tonight, just waiting on the attachment for it as the P4's mount is not big enough. Should run though, never had the app slow down and thats with high demanding graphic'd games.
2016-9-6
Use props
Hawkeye54
lvl.2

United States

Wpgubaru Posted at 2016-9-6 17:20
I'm gonna try my Ipad4 tonight, just waiting on the attachment for it as the P4's mount is not big e ...

Make sure the Ipad can make a connection with the P4. My old one could not connect. It also was a little bigger than the holder on the remote so I just cut a small piece of wood that it would hold and used velcro to attach the Ipad. My new Ipad pro is Awesome. I got it on sale at Best Buy for 499.00. I like the new sound system with 4 speakers too. I am a little hard of hearing and Pro is much louder and lighter. Same size screen as my old one though.
2016-9-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules