I getting worry about the Inspire 1 I Bought!
1494 5 2015-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Thorbjorn
lvl.2

Sweden

1. The product was late delivered.
2. No app available for iOS, and poor informations what happening.
3. Problem with props .
4. You can’t buy spare parts for your UAV see links:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=4142&extra=page%3D1&lang=en

I understand that new products can have some problem in the beginning but it start to get to much now.

2015-1-29
Use props
FrostyThe2nd
lvl.2

United States

I know how you feel. I didn't even open the box until the Apple issue was resolved or else I'll just return it.  Then a day later, the package stared right in my eyes and whispered "open me".  There I was carefully opening the package after which I headed to Best Buy for my first Android device.  Prop locks?  Again, the Inspire kept poking me with a stick and said "Take me up, even just 5 feet. I won't crash"  I gave in and 30 seconds after starting the motor, I was 30 feet up doing circles and in love.

After a dozen or so flights, I have not yet encountered any problem.  I met about 5 other Inspire owners on the flying field, and none of them has had any problem with their craft.  That's 100% satisfaction from the people that I actually met.  I'm not saying that you'll not have any problem with yours because anything can happen with any product, but I like to be optimistic and think you possibly couldn't have received a lemon.  This forum is doing what it does best: addressing and troubleshooting problems so it seems like they are prevalent in most of the Inspires produced.  Good luck on your Inspire.  Although I don't think you'll need it.
2015-1-29
Use props
abe.abekleinfel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 524032 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thor,

The Inspire 1 was delayed in December, but it started shipping in early January and many of us have been flying it successfully for the past three to four weeks.

And we've been flying successfully with iOS devices like iPads and iPhones since the product shipped. It's easy to get version 0.9.2 of the iOS app (search this forum for the app) and it works perfectly well.

As for spare parts, the most important is batteries, and they are available now. Many people have received their battery orders in the past two weeks. You also get an extra set of propellers when you receive the Inspire.

As for the propeller "problem", if you tighten them firmly you should be fine. In any case, DJI has begun shipping propeller locks this week. I received shipping notification on mine today.

A few people on this forum post negative experiences, most I believe are due to user error and/or their failure to read and understand the user guide, and they get a lot of attention. But the quiet majority of us are spending our time flying and filming and enjoying a high quality product that was worth waiting for.  

Don't be concerned about your purchase. You will have a great time with it. While you are waiting, read the user guide a couple of times. It'll be a better use of your time than reading negative stories on this forum.
2015-1-29
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

Thorbjorn, I will reiterate a few of Abe’s good points because I agree with them all.

First there is the important point of criticism getting far more attention than approval.  Those with inevitable issues that come with technology have a right to demand answers. Most people who are flying the Inspire don’t have time to make comments on it, good or bad; they are too busy having fun.  I am writing about it because I am a fan of the hobby, advocate for the freedom to fly and very impressed with this particular iteration of the technology.  
Second is the point about user error. When people set up their Inspire and fly it they are going to see a few potentials for error and they might see what could have gone wrong for some people.   That may be especially true about the props issues, imho.  I hope users who have reported serious issues get the attention from DJI that they deserve.  It would be frustrating to receive an imperfect unit and then be told that you are simply an imperfect pilot.  I hope DJI gives those users attention and the benefit of the doubt. Will DJI further streamline things and will they react quickly to their own errors?  I'd bet they will.  Can they erase the potential for human error? I don't expect them to.

I’m a fan of this Inspire because I identify with the grueling work that goes into design and I am actually surprised that they didn’t have many more hiccups on its release.  As for distribution logistics that is another issue and I feel sorry for those who have had problems taking delivery.  But as for the aircraft itself and its controller and the DJI Pilot App; I am very impressed.  If there are those who cannot appreciate the relative smoothness of this system's operation then feel free to disagree on any point I make here.  If this machine gives me serious problems that I feel are the manufacturer’s fault then I am going to be one of the first to tell about it.  

The manual, like most manuals I’ve read, is not as comprehensive as it could be.  This may be because I am not good at reading manuals. IMO it does not do the Inspire justice.  But that perceived shortcoming is not at all representative of the aircraft itself.  Show me a perfect manual and I will show you a perfect world. They will improve it.  Importantly, much of the operation is intuitive. The on screen tutorial in the Pilot App is pretty instructive. The fine points that you can’t work out for yourself can be ironed out in places like this forum.  Again, if I saw from my unit that they did something slovenly I would be brutally honest about it.  But if one feels people are trying their guts out to get something right and is convinced they are doing a darn good job of it … and then sees whining for the sake of whining … they might want to consider that some people some of the time are simply ‘not seeing the forest for the trees’.  All one can do in response is submit their own point of view.

As far as the issues with the iOS Pilot App, I cannot speak to that other than to say I share your disappointment.  Logistics again.  I hope they are trying hard to get it right.  As far as parts availability I hope they also hurry up with that.  I need more chargers or preferably a multi charger. I know nothing about how they operate their production facilities or their distribution channels but I do know they seem to care about success and I am looking forward to seeing them follow the Inspire itself with the support it deserves.  The chat support is a great idea. I have to sympathize with the obvious language barriers. I also have to say that in my experience the operators are quite courteous and accommodative. I don't know about you but that matters to me.  I am not going to complain about someone who cannot quite understand what I mean if they are obviously trying hard to do so.

The main and final point I want to make about the Inspire is in regard to my overall view of it; I think they have thought out this project very well.  They covered so many obstacles and bases that I must give them credit and I must give them leeway or some deserved trust. To that end, I have a friend who is a retired aeronautics engineer who worked for NASA and then private industry. My last point was one of the first points he made when we flew Inspire together on some of my first flights. He was delighted at what was accomplished for the price point, even while acknowledging that it has been a while since he has dealt with people who worked on landing systems, robotics and with requisite code.  Anyone involved in his field or in RC air alone knows the raw technology is nothing new.  It is the refinement and presentation and value for price of this particular unit that really impresses. He was very excited that the general public now has access to this type of machine. He was waking me up early with phone calls to ask when I’d fly and he was over at my place acting like a kid on the weekends since I took delivery.  I had to finally tell him he had to go home to his wife. She is currently being asked for permission to acquire one and possibly some other DJI aircraft. Since she is into photography I don't think it will be long before she says yes    

So I second the positive things that have been said here.  I think you will enjoy this machine.

Dan
2015-1-30
Use props
Thorbjorn
lvl.2

Sweden

Thank you for your encouraging.  

I believe to that all experience pilots  are out flying instead of siting here and Chat.

For my part it will be to wait a while, the weather does not permit me to fly at the moment.
2015-1-31
Use props
r-preusser
lvl.2

Germany

I've just came back from 2 flights today. With iOS and without proplocks.

Weather was "fine" ... we've had snow on the ground and cold but nice weather (around 0° Celcius). I've added the "warming pads" to my battery and everything was fine again.

I'm quite a newbie in flying drones but after 15 flights my Inspires 1 is still perfect. Just had to do an IMU calibration today. I usually hand tighten the props and us the iOS 0.9.2 app with my iPad Air 2.

My first flights were on a very wide field and not too high in the meantime I'm a little bit more "risky". Just reached 150m height today and still everything is find.

I look forward to receive the pro locks wich will definitely will give me a better feeling but so far everything is fun
2015-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules