Video lagging in Dji Go App/importing to phone
1135 8 2016-9-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
user41ad572e3c
New

Spain

Hi everyone,
Im new here so if this thread has been made before, Im sorry about that! I got my phantom3 Advanced a couple of weeks ago, and I am experiencing that the videos recorded are lagging when watching them in the Dji Go App + when saving them directly to my phone. The image suddenly freezes for a few seconds before its continues. This is very annoying as you cannot directly edit them in the App because of this. The video runs smoothly when I import it to my Mac though. Anyone experiencing the same + found a solution to this?

Thanks in advance!
2016-9-6
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

the device is not as powerful cpu and gpu as the Mac.

also the video on sd card is far better than in the device app.
2016-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello , could you please clarify what mobile device you are using ?
If you are using a IOS device,I'd suggest you enable hardware decoding in the general settings.
2016-9-6
Use props
user41ad572e3c
New

Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-7 10:21
Hello , could you please clarify what mobile device you are using ?
If you are using a IOS device,I' ...

I am using an iPhone5 updates to the latest version of iOS. I already have the Hardware encoding enabled. Any other options, or is my phone just not strong enough to habdle it and therefore the video freezes when watching it on my phone from the App?
2016-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

user41ad572e3c Posted at 2016-9-7 15:24
I am using an iPhone5 updates to the latest version of iOS. I already have the Hardware encoding e ...

Could you please change a mobile device for a test? iphone 5 isn't in our recommend list,might be not compatible with the APP.
2016-9-6
Use props
user41ad572e3c
New

Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-7 15:30
Could you please change a mobile device for a test? iphone 5 isn't in our recommend list,might be  ...

I will try to find another device that I can test it on. The image also feeezes if I import the video to my iPhone from the App. Meaning when I dont use the App it still freezes. Is that still a consequence of the App not being compatible? During flight I have never had any issues with bad image on my screen.
2016-9-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

user41ad572e3c Posted at 2016-9-7 15:54
I will try to find another device that I can test it on. The image also feeezes if I import the vi ...

Could you please provide some screenshots of the issue?And did you check the original video file in the SD card?
2016-9-6
Use props
jonas_flatval
New

Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-7 09:59
Could you please provide some screenshots of the issue?And did you check the original video file i ...

I uploaded the video from my iPhone to WeTransfer: https://we.tl/RNeERKQToQ
You can see that after 10seconds the image freezes for a couple of seconds before it skips and continue.

If I import the video directly from the SD Card theres no issues. The issue is when taking the video from the App.
2016-9-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jonas_flatval Posted at 2016-9-7 16:26
I uploaded the video from my iPhone to WeTransfer: https://we.tl/RNeERKQToQ
You can see that after ...

OK,thanks for your feedback.Please have a test on other mobile device to see if the issue persists.
And you could refer to our device recommend list.
iOS Version v2.9.1.
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus,iPod touch 6,iPad Pro, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus.
Android Version v2.9.0.
Requires Android 4.1.2 or later.Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2016-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules