123Next >
13236 85 2015-1-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

DJI has released the new firmware v3.10 for Phantom 2 series quad copter

New firmware (v3.10) and VISION apps (iOS v1.046 and Android v1.0.56) for the Phantom 2 series have just been released.Please update your Phantom’s firmware and mobile apps to enjoy all of the new features.

Major New Features:

a)    No-Fly Zones updated to include a 25km radius in Washington, DC.

b)    GPS Signal Notice added to the VISION app.The VISION app will display a pop-up tip when attempting to takeoff without a sufficient GPS signal.

c)    The iOS VISION app is compatible with iOS 8.0. The Android VISION app is compatible with Android5.0.

d)    Rear LED flight indicator display added to the VISION app to show the aircraft’s current flight status.

e)    Upgraded Range Extender function added to the VISION app (iOS). When upgraded, it is possible to use a mobile device’s data network to access internet functions while connected to the Phantom.

f)     Ability to view and download manuals and new manual notices added to the VISION app.

g)    “Upgrade All” function added to the DJI Phantom Assistant.

h)    When the aircraft is landing automatically, users can control the aircraft’s position and altitude. During this period, the max ascent speed is 1 m/s.

i)     Users can start the motors to take off immediately after the motors have stopped following auto landing.

2015-1-29
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

THANK YOU!  For updating the Release Notes and User Manual as well!
A couple of requests:
   1) Please include in the user manual a list of what changes have occurred (so we don't have to search so hard for all the mistakes!)
   2) More frequently updated Release notes or Interum changes.  There have been times where several firmware updates have happened but there was no accompanying instructions or updates to the Release Notes or User Manual

2015-1-30
Use props
umpa
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Nothing much of interest to me in this release.

a) Don't live anywhere near Obama - Never will.
b) Vision tells me how many sats I have before take off anyway.
c) My tablet is on Android 4.4 .
e) Why Only iOS? - There are plenty of Android phones used.
f) Might help some one I guess.
g) Been had with that kind of system destroyer before (no thanks)
h) I would like that, do you mean decent  speed is 1m/s ?
i) I can wait.

Seems to me that this was rushed out for the sake of a) and the other stuff was chucked in there as a sweetener.
2015-1-30
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Well we are almost there.

Issues found.

The LED Flight indicator if you have your Phantom in NAZA mode, just says NASA mode and no LED replication.
As I have repotted previously any force acting against the Gimbal on the Vision plus causes the app to crash. Either Long grass or Transport lock still in place. It is quite sensitive and I would assume that high winds against the gimbal will also make the app crash. I won't be testing this. Others more adventurous than me can try. It takes 2 to 3 seconds to crash.

Cheers

2015-1-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

bjr981s Posted at 2015-1-30 16:35
Well we are almost there.

Issues found.

Sorry to disappoint you but I just finished updating everything and left the gimbal lock on for more than 10 seconds and no crash.  I'm doing my other bird now.
2015-1-30
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-30 16:50
Sorry to disappoint you but I just finished updating everything and left the gimbal lock on for mo ...

Did you get the Gimbal warning error? That was in the prior release?

2015-1-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

bjr981s Posted at 2015-1-30 16:57
Did you get the Gimbal warning error? That was in the prior release?

Gimbal removal clamp, sure did
2015-1-30
Use props
rod
Second Officer

New Zealand

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-30 17:10

Gerry I will ask you as I would probably not live long enough to get  a reply from DJI.  My android phone is jelly bean 4.1,2.  Is this update compatible as it says android  5.0 does that mean everything up to android 5 as my set up is running so well at the moment. I wouldn't want to trash it.
Cheers!
Rod
2015-1-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

rod Posted at 2015-1-30 18:40
Gerry I will ask you as I would probably not live long enough to get  a reply from DJI.  My androi ...

I'm running 2 apple generation 2 tablets with ios 8.1.  I can't see the smaller phones so I'm not sure but I wish I had an answer,
2015-1-30
Use props
camelzoof
New

United Kingdom

Hi, no point in mailing DJI support as I did this last week when the app was released and as yet have had no reply.

I have updated the camera firmware without issue, I have updated my Phantom 2 Vision plus to this latest firmware, added the new app to my iphone 6 running the latest IOS and the app still crashes as soon as the camera part of the app is opened. rebooted the phone, uninstalled the app and re installed it, all to avail. Anyone else still getting issues. If not any suggestions folks?

Thanks
2015-1-30
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-30 17:10

What version of IOS are you running?

I have iPhone 6+ IOS 8.1.2

Latest camera firmware all firmware at latest release and the latest App.

To Test.

Power up Transmitter and Wifi.

Connect Phone to Wifi network.

Open App select Camera

App says lost connection to Phantom.

Power up Phantom with Transport lock in place.

App connects to Phantom. LED replication says setting home point.

App crashes

Remove transport lock

Restart app.

Connect OK and everything normal.

Led replicator says Naza Mode.

Push camera to left or right until it fights and then frees.

App crashes.

This happens every time consistently for me.

Can you do this procedure on both your phantoms and advise.

I would be interested in what the LED replicator says on initial connection.

Cheers

2015-1-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

I have apple ipads with ios 8.1   I can do some of the things you ask, but it's cold outside and snowy, so I won't get any sats for a home lock
latest updates this morning.jpg
apple tablet IOS 8.1.jpg
2015-1-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

bjr981s Posted at 2015-1-30 18:47
What version of IOS are you running?

I have iPhone 6+ IOS 8.1.2

when I push camera left or right, I get gimbal motor error, check for obstructions.  When I release it, message goes away and camera is ok, no crash.
2015-1-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

b) The iOS VISION app is compatible with iOS 8.0. The Android VISION app is compatible with Android 5.0.
2015-1-30
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Gerry,

From the Photos you posted it does not look like you have the correct firmware for the update as per the title of this thread 3.10

Here are my versions.

Lastest Firmware and app including Camera.

I think you are running pre app update version did you update the App on the iPads to version 1.0.46?

Can you post the app version from about in settings.

The gimbal warning works fine in the prior version.

Do you get the additional Panel at the top that shows NAZAMode as in my third pic. This is one of the functions of the new app.  

Cheers Brian

Phantom.png
IMG_0872.png
IMG_0873.png
2015-1-30
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

<< e)    Upgraded Range Extender function added to the VISION app (iOS). When upgraded, it is possible to use a mobile device’s data network to access internet functions while connected to the Phantom.>>

I am understanding this right? DJI now has access to the Internet while you are connected to the Phantom in flight mode?

If that is true I am concerned with what DJI (or someone else) could do in the future since they now have access to the Internet when you fly. Why do they need that ability? Unless you disconnect your Internet connection or only fly with a device that doesn't have internet access (like an old phone or tablet with no 3/4G access). Could they now be able to force you to take an update before you fly or do it in the background without asking? Could they gather flight info and transmit that data real-time?  Could they track their drones anytime they fly.  

While it's nice they provide a link to manuals in the app, but most people already have downloaded and looked at a manual before they got to the flight mode. Also if I wanted to download a manual I wouldn't do it while connected to the Phantom and waste valuable flight battery time. You can download the manual in the Vision app without being connected to the Phantom extender.

Fortunately I am on an Andriod device so that part of this update doesn't affect me but I not sure I'll  be updating my Phantom anymore even with this update. DJI you need to explain why you want the extender to have this new ability. What is the benefit to us.

Hmm... image a drone at the White House(or some other sensitive place) that could be monitored or maybe even controlled remotely over the internet by a foreign company or entity . Yeah I know I'm being a bit of a conspiracy type and you might say well it can't fly at the White House anymore, but what capability might this new feature allow?  Might it allow hackers access to our drones?
2015-1-30
Use props
Friffy1
lvl.2

United States

JATO Posted at 2015-1-30 22:03
>

I am understanding this right? DJI now has access to the Internet while you are connected to the  ...

Jesus!  I wish the paranoid freaks would just stay in their shacks and write their manifestos on paper like the good old days!

This simple function serves one purpose...  It allows you to stay connected to the internet while you fly.  For Phantom owners it means being able to download/cache Google maps for Ground Station use WITHOUT having to disconnect from the WiFi Extender first.

Man I hate the crazies!
2015-1-30
Use props
JATO
lvl.4

United States

Well it is a feature I'll never use and I think is a bad idea to allow internet access in flight mode. And I'm glad you hate me.  I hate people with fat heads and bow ties.
2015-1-30
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

bjr981s Posted at 2015-1-30 21:27
Gerry,

From the Photos you posted it does not look like you have the correct firmware for the updat ...

One question...your Vision App shows v. 1.0.46(1520)...I have a Phantom 2 Vision (egg shape cam) and this was the App version that crashed our cameras. I havent updated anything as all of us Phantom 2 Vision owners were promised an updated Vision App....this version for us was the crash version....
2015-1-30
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

Hi Autumn

it looks like there was a new firmware update to 3.10 but the Vision App v 1.0.46 was crashing for Phantom 2 Vision owners.  Does the 3.1 ver. fix that because the Vision App has not changed per your release announcement?
2015-1-30
Use props
MAD In NC
lvl.2

United States

steadystickrick,

notes say:  
c)    The iOS VISION app is compatible with iOS 8.0. The Android VISION app is compatible with Android5.0.

iOS 8.1.x has been the base line load for over four months and 8.1.3 is current and works with 1.0.43...   No Idea What  c) means to us...

I have the same Ques - Does the 3.1 ver. fix that past error of 1.0.45 w 3.08 because the Vision App has not changed per your release announcement?

2015-1-30
Use props
markus2015
lvl.4

Germany

Friffy1 Posted at 2015-1-30 22:28
Jesus!  I wish the paranoid freaks would just stay in their shacks and write their manifestos on p ...

First of all, there is no need to insult anybody just because they have a different oppinion than you!!
So, "Google" serves the simple one purpose to search the web??, "Facebook" serves the one simple purpose to stay connected with friends?? NO! They only want your data! TVs, Printers, Scanners, Smartphones, all these devices send as much information as possible to their producers. This has nothing to do with beeing paranoid! It's reality. I suggest you do some homework and reading up on modern IT.

Note: I did not say that DJI will missuse the internet connection, but it is well possible for them to do so. Like JATO adressed, they could (technically) plant software updates onto your phone and collect infos in real time. End of story!
2015-1-30
Use props
paulhurst
New

Canada

Seeing the number of abusers of the Phantom 2 (as well as other drones for everyone) i would really like to see all my flight data recorded to my dji account so that i could provide that information as matter of record to align with my flight logs both operational and training.
2015-1-30
Use props
chrisgreenback.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 12881 ft
United States

So without all the bitching back and forth, can anybody confirm that this firmware update does in fact fix the issue with rotating the camera on the Phantom 2 Vision (non +) app?
2015-1-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

bjr981s
These are the ones I downloaded and installed. I have the V3 remote controller and the Vision + not upgraded to the ver 3.

The ver 3.8 and the 1.2 updates.  They are the correct ones because of the 1-30-15 date for them
I deleted all other programs for DJI including the Windows drivers and reinstalled.
fsscr002.jpg
2015-1-30
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

MAD In NC Posted at 2015-1-30 23:49
steadystickrick,

notes say:  

Mad in NC,
I currently have iOS v. 8.1.2 installed on my 4S phone...in light of the problems Phantom 2 Vision (non +) owners were having with the APP Vision update from v 1.0.43 to 1.0.46(1520) I'm not sure we have a fix. I did not update my phone to v. 8.1.3 since Apple announced their upgrade after the crashing App of v. 1.0.46(1520) was released.
I'm holding from further upgrades until I get further feedback to know the following works:

Firmware to v 3.1
Camera to v 1.1.9
Vision App v  1.0.46

Above must be compatible with a Phantom2 Vision (non+ with egg shaped cam) and a 4S phone with upgrade to v 8.1.3
Now if that's not a confusing mess...LOL!!
If I know the above works I have a deal with DJI to ugrade
I don't even want to think about the Android side for now but my 10" tablet is working fine with the older Android v of Vision v 1.0.54

2015-1-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

this is the upgraded app on my tablet for IOS 8.1
DSCN0055.JPG
2015-1-30
Use props
steadystickrick
lvl.2

United States

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-1-31 00:28
this is the upgraded app on my tablet for IOS 8.1

Yep Gerry that was the version that worked for my Phantom 2 Vision prior to the new upgrade to Vision App v 1.0.46 I think you stated you have two later versions of Phantom...correct? i don't think your updates created the same problem as Phantom 2 Vision owners with the egg shaped camera were experiening with the 1.0.46 (1520) Vision App....that problem being the App would crash using camera functions.
2015-1-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

steadystickrick Posted at 2015-1-31 00:37
Yep Gerry that was the version that worked for my Phantom 2 Vision prior to the new upgrade to Visi ...

I have 2 phantom 2 Vision +

One Phantom 2 I have upgraded the transmitter with the control wheel
One Phantom is all stock with the older transmitter without the wheel
Both Phantoms +'s are all stock original Phantom 2 Vision +'s
2015-1-30
Use props
youngphoto.emai
lvl.1

United States

When I upgraded the Vision App (I'm flying P2V+ 3.0) last week and chose to upgrade wifi extender the app started crashing all the time.  After upgrading the FC200 camera to firmware 1.3 it seemed to fix the problem and I didn't have any more crashes.  

The only reason they enabled cellular Internet while connected via wifi to Phantom is so maps will load for ground station.  Not so the government can see if you are reporting on top secret chemtrails.  
2015-1-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

This is the upgrade my tablet gave me to upgrade to on my IOS apple tablet.  I checked for updates on the tablet for DJI vision app and this is the one that it said was the correct one.
DSCN0055.JPG
2015-1-30
Use props
ZippyZapp
lvl.2
United States

@Gerry, @bjr981s,

You are both running two different devices and two different iOS versions.  Try updating to the just released iOS 8.1.3 and then you will be on the same OS version, at least.  However iPhone 6 and iPad 2 are not even close to the same hardware so many differences.  Did you install any other apps at the same time as vision?  try removing it, doing a backup and then restore your iPhone using iTunes.  Then restore your backup...

As for the questions if the vision app will run on version 4 of android, according to the play store for google it requires android 4.0 and later.  So yes it will.  When DJI said it works with 5.0 that means that it is compatible also with 5.0 otherwise they would have said requires 5.0.
Same with the iOS version it will run on iOS versions 6.1 or later, including 8.x
2015-1-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

youngphoto.emai Posted at 2015-1-31 00:49
When I upgraded the Vision App (I'm flying P2V+ 3.0) last week and chose to upgrade wifi extender th ...

I already have the maps of all of the USA cashed on both tablets.
2015-1-30
Use props
steply.hotmail
lvl.1

United States

Suuuuuper Bummed out right now....  

Just did the latest update on my Vision 2+ and I STILL can't get a live feed of the camera on the app .   

And I'm sure that I've updated EVERYTHING (even SD card-update of the camera, per the "readme.txt" file on the downloads page).  

I'm running the app on iPhone 6+ (164 gig with 30+ gigs free space, so memory is not an issue)...

The drone can fly fine, the gimbal moves up and down (using the app), and the camera can take pictures and videos, and I can even download them via the app -- but I STILL get no live view through the camera when I fly!

I even performed the camera "binding" procedure just in case that was an issue, but no luck....

Finally, I even paid for a 3rd party app (FPV Booster) but even that app can control the gimbal, but can't get a live feed from the camera.

UGH!

I just sent an email to DJI support... I hope they fix this soon - I was planning on taking this to Hawaii in a few weeks, and I'm going to be sad if I'm grounded!  
2015-1-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

ZippyZapp Posted at 2015-1-31 00:50
@Gerry, @bjr981s,

You are both running two different devices and two different iOS versions.  Try u ...

I cleaned off the computer of all DJI vision APPS and downloaded the new one presented to me on their website and checked on my tablet for upgrades to my vision app, the 1.0.43 is what it automatically updated to.
2015-1-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

This is what was presented to me on the DJI website for the Vision +  I even deleted the windows drivers and downloaded a fresh one
fsscr002.jpg
2015-1-30
Use props
tonyphantom147.
lvl.3

United Kingdom

umpa Posted at 2015-1-30 16:10
Nothing much of interest to me in this release.

a) Don't live anywhere near Obama - Never will.

Couldn't agree more. Nothing there of interest.  Just more things to go wrong. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
2015-1-30
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Gerry,
Watching this!
Have you actually done all of the updates now on your computer and the Phatom and the RC and the Phone and can you confirm if all is working properly (and that would include a flight test)?

I turned off Auto ap updates on my phone a couple of weeks ago,
I will wait till I hear or see an "all clear"..sorry you guys are having troubles.
2015-1-30
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

Northofthe49th Posted at 2015-1-31 01:23
Gerry,
Watching this!
Have you actually done all of the updates now on your computer and the Phatom  ...

I haven't been outside with either one yet, To much wind and snow.  But I have started both up inside here on my desk, took pics of the TV and ran the video camera,  moved the sticks as if I was flying and everything operates as it should.  Just not getting any sats because of being inside.

I deleted all the old apps on the computer and installed fresh updated ones and on the tablet, it automatically checked for updates and installed the latest.  I have 10 inch tablets and not the phone, my tired old eyes cannot see the smaller phones to well.
2015-1-30
Use props
Northofthe49th
Second Officer

Canada

Thanks Gerry,
Hey, what do you think about this for the next update:
DJI..What would be really cool is if you created a "software black box" so to speak:
You put a command in the vision ap that snaps a screen shot of the mobile device "instantaneously" upon lost connection using something like a tape delay that is used in the broadcasting industry..
It may also behoove you to put a reminder in the ap that ie. "Hey bud, your last home point recording was X distance from here, are you sure you still want to fly?"
Maybe I have not explained it right but I think you get the idea...
For this novel idea (hell, maybe I just copyrighted or patented it)..you can send me an InSpire with Dual remotes, a case and a bunch of batteries!!
This will save you countless claims from fly always that may not have actually been due to the Phantom or Inspire actually "flying away" ie. you had not enough satellites, your range extender was at "0", your battery was below the threshold, you were 4,283' away from your phantom and beyond specified range distance and so on..
And it would certainly offer some protection for those whose Phantoms were within the right parameters when their Phantoms "fly away".
Get my drift!
2015-1-30
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules