Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
P4 loses signal at 1500ft?? Tilted gimbal???
1269 1 2016-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Black Diesel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66503 ft
United States

I just upgraded to the P4 from the P2.  I'm losing signal at 1500ft and often get the weak signal warning at closer distances (wide open).  These weak signal warnings and signal losses were experienced in wide open areas with absolutely no obstructions and the P4 was approx 300ft in altitude.  The first signal loss was over the Indian Ocean and I thought the boat I was flying from might be causing problems....so I brought it home to SoCal and it does the same thing over land (wide open areas with line of sight).  I've seen the antenna positioning videos and my antenna positions are correct.  Any ideas or do I have a bunk P4?

Also, my gimbal is not level.  I've tried upgrading firmware, I've done all the calibrations (compass, IMU, gimbal, etc). and it does not fix my tilted gimbal.  I tried to "roll the gimble" and it just adjusts to the same tilted position no matter how much I roll it.  Anyone else have these problems?  I'm bummed because I missed out on some great flights over some tiny islands in the Indian Ocean.

Is anyone able to fly much farther than 1500ft with the P4?  If yes, how about in areas with obstructions or trees?

We had a P3 with us and the P3 had no issues whatsoever.  Here's a photo from the tilted gimbal

tilted gimbal.jpg
2016-9-7
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Diesel,sorry for the inconvenient caused.Since you have tried all the basic troubleshooting,I'd suggest you send it in for evaluation.You can get in touch with tech support at support.us@dji.com.
2016-9-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules