Propeller Locks personal suggestion and feedback
881 0 2015-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pingpanyarachun
New

Thailand

Hi I'm a new Inspire 1 owner with 0 flight time as of this moment  (given that I got my unit as the Proplocks have been annouced). fyi I have been flying a Phantom 2 H3-3D for about a year now. Can't wait to get the Inspire 1 going.
So.
1. Anyone got their hands on these locks yet? How is it?
2. Having gone through several forums and videos I understand that this proplock is a liability-covering action by DJI for the black props that tends to 1. falsely tighten incompletely and/or 2. fall off or become loose upon a sudden halting of the motor in an abrupt stop from a full speed acension. My main concern with this lock is that does this lock prevent proper tightening of the unit when taking off?

I know this may take some time to clarify what i have just said. Basically if the props are hand tightened by the user but are infact not tightened enough (by accident, blackprops or neglect), wouldnt the blade start damaging the plastic prop lock when the unit is taking off with the full toque spin of the motor? Because the blade will try to tighten itself to the fullest but is unable to due to the lock, I'm worried that this will create a wear and tear to the plactic lock and destory it after many use.

I was thinking maybe putting the lock on only after a prepatory take off. I.E. handtighten, fly the unit or spin the motor to the point of taking off first, shut off the unit and then putting on the props lock.

What to people think? I havent flown the unit as of yet so apologies if my line of thinking is incorrect. just want to make sure my 3000usd equipment doesnt eat seawater! Thanks!

2015-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules