8596 70 2016-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>

TechReviews Posted at 2016-9-9 23:13
Thanks, i had my antennas in the same way as in the video above, i always have my antennas this  ...

Ok good, just making sure.
2016-9-9
Use props
Mozwald
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-9 16:22
If it does the same with a different device then you may want to contact support and send your air ...

ok thanks for that i will keep an eye out tonight
2016-9-9
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-9 16:22
Ok good, just making sure.

no problem
2016-9-9
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-9 15:55
Or better yet, don't fly out as far

i often fly long range without any issues over wide open areas - farmland/fields.Now know not to press RTH if i get disconnected,wait for failsafe RTH to kick in.

thanks
2016-9-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

TechReviews Posted at 2016-9-9 23:38
i often fly long range without any issues over wide open areas - farmland/fields.Now know not to ...

Also, just turn around and start following the line back and you'll regain video quickly.
2016-9-9
Use props
r.powell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 124180 ft
Canada

TechReviews Posted at 2016-9-9 11:38
i often fly long range without any issues over wide open areas - farmland/fields.Now know not to ...

I;ve been following along with this thread as I was fuzzy on RTH after signal loss, I too had a close call, flying out of a clearing, surrounded by 20-40' trees, (I know a setting for disaster!) &  lost signal, I waited for bird to do the RTH, but, panicked & hit button, like I was trying to confirm bird was coming home, not realizing I had just cancelled RTH! I have maybe 2-3 minutes estimated battery time left, sweating bullets & a couple comes into the clearing yelling, HEY, there's a drone hovering over there! I move maybe 10 ' & I can see, through a break in the trees, my bird. slowly decending into thick forest,  about 100' away.
Thank God for Marco polo tracker, I found her in 15 minutes sitting on the forest floor, how bird settled on the ground in the only clearing in the forest is just plain luck! If you are sourcing trsckers, do check out the marco polo, no fees, no signal required, Cost more upfront, but that's it. I fly in areas with little or no phone service, so the M.P. was the right tracker for me.
Great thread !
2016-9-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

r.powell@rogers Posted at 2016-9-9 23:53
I;ve been following along with this thread as I was fuzzy on RTH after signal loss, I too had a cl ...

That's awesome you were able to get it back undamaged. I've never tried the Marco Polo, the Trackimo has always been when I've used. it's works perfectly, but haven't lost a aircraft yet to real world test it yet
2016-9-9
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-9 16:52
Also, just turn around and start following the line back and you'll regain video quickly.

I will still be able to do that when i get disconnected ? as i thought red the light (no control over ac) on the rc was because of the disconnected happening ?

thanks
2016-9-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

TechReviews Posted at 2016-9-10 00:10
I will still be able to do that when i get disconnected ? as i thought red the light (no control  ...

I'm talking about video, which you should lose that signal first before RC as video transmits much more data then RC control signal.
2016-9-9
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-9 17:31
I'm talking about video, which you should lose that signal first before RC as video transmits much ...

oh ok i understand, you mean when i start to get signal loss turn around then fly back down the line to regain signal ?

other than waiting for RTH to kick in when i get disconnected/red light on RC is there anything i can do ?

thanks
2016-9-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

TechReviews Posted at 2016-9-10 00:56
oh ok i understand, you mean when i start to get signal loss turn around then fly back down the  ...

Correct, when you start to lose video immediately turn around and follow the line back until you get signal.
And if the LED goes Red on the RC, then you lost RC as well. Just wait as RTH will have been automatically enabled.
BUT, my real suggestion to keep RTH from initiating, keep the aircraft closer The day may come when it goes into RTH and it doesn't come back due to improper RTH setup (collision on the way back)
2016-9-9
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-9 18:25
Correct, when you start to lose video immediately turn around and follow the line back until you ge ...

ok thanks i'll make sure i fly closer in future, im not flying out to get no signal/disconnected on purpose,its just when it happens in the area im flying at the time. I will also remember to flu turn around and start flying back down line to regain signal

many thanks
2016-9-9
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

TechReviews Posted at 2016-9-10 03:31
ok thanks i'll make sure i fly closer in future, im not flying out to get no signal/disconnected ...

No problem at all, happy safe flying
2016-9-9
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

TechReviews Posted at 2016-9-8 15:27
ok with the trackimo as i understand it, i pay a one off fee for the trackimo/sim data plan for t ...

Just a heads up, I've been looking into this very much lately. This unit that your link points to is a 2G unit, which is fine if you have 2G cell coverage in the area you plan on using it. Some countries have or will be dropping 2G cell service soon. Here in the states, ATT will drop all of its 2G service by Jan.2017 with other big name carries dropping it in a few years. Just so you are aware.
2016-9-9
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-9 20:57
No problem at all, happy safe flying

Thanks DJI-Ken, you to bud
2016-9-9
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
United Kingdom

wmcvey Posted at 2016-9-9 21:27
Just a heads up, I've been looking into this very much lately. This unit that your link points to  ...

oh thanks for letting me know,looks like i'll go with option 2 which was the gps tracker tk102 with 3g sim card then
2016-9-9
Use props
cloudycante
lvl.4
Flight distance : 558173 ft
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-8 10:16
Hello,please check your settings and if your aircraft is flying under 20 meters , the aircraft will  ...

Hi, that is what I always check pre-flight, and my AC always gets back when signal is lost (iOS device).

Today, though I noticed a different behavior of DJI go app on a friend's android device: When the AC lost signal, the DJI go app asked if we wanted to trigger RTH.

I figured it was the smart thing to do, and I confirmed the action.

The AC during the whole time the signal was lost was just hovering at 40mt height, 200mt away from us.

Why didn't the AC came back on his own, given that the setting was RTH and was not hovering?

It really scared me. What if we were on a cliff and couldn't get closer to gain signal again and trigger the RTH manually? Freightening
2016-9-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

cloudycante Posted at 2016-9-10 16:57
Hi, that is what I always check pre-flight, and my AC always gets back when signal is lost (iOS de ...

Could you please sync the flight records and provide the APP email account to me ?I'll help to check it.
2016-9-10
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

cloudycante Posted at 2016-9-10 16:57
Hi, that is what I always check pre-flight, and my AC always gets back when signal is lost (iOS de ...

I think the AC had lost video downlink signal only, while still receiving solid RC signal, so hovering and waiting for commands. Failsafe RTH did not kick in in that situation.

May be the offering of manual RTH when losing video downlink is a new feature in recent DJI GO App updates.

Henry
2016-9-10
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
United States

TechReviews Posted at 2016-9-10 01:37
oh thanks for letting me know,looks like i'll go with option 2 which was the gps tracker tk102 w ...

Just so you know also, Trackimo does make a 3G model as well. You just have to be careful when buying online because some site don't make it too clear which one they're selling. Some will say 2G or 3G and some ads don't. From what i've found out only Model #TRKM010 is 3G and has a 9 digit ID# instead of 7 digits.
2016-9-10
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
United States

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-9-10 09:06
I think the AC had lost video downlink signal only, while still receiving solid RC signal, so hover ...

If you read through the first page of the thread you'll see the OP said his RC had a RED LED light, which means the RC connection was lost. And it didn't hover, it landed.
2016-9-10
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
United Kingdom

wmcvey Posted at 2016-9-10 17:26
Just so you know also, Trackimo does make a 3G model as well. You just have to be careful when buy ...

didn't know that,thanks for letting me know.
2016-9-10
Use props
KM5RG-Robert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2075213 ft

It still is not clear to me why the OP'S AC landed apparently by itself with plenty of battery left. Should have RTH'd. Even if he canceled the automatic RTH it would hover until it either lost signal from the RC or the battery got low then RTH would kick in again. Has anyone examined the flight logs yet?
2016-9-10
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>

TechReviews Posted at 2016-9-10 13:36
Thanks DJI-Ken, you to bud

Thanks a lot and have a great weekend.
2016-9-10
Use props
cloudycante
lvl.4
Flight distance : 558173 ft
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 2016-9-10 11:35
Could you please sync the flight records and provide the APP email account to me ?I'll help to che ...

I don't have the logs, because it's from a different owner's device, sorry :-(
2016-9-10
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI-Ken Posted at 2016-9-10 22:43
Thanks a lot and have a great weekend.

your welcome
2016-9-10
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
United Kingdom

KM5RG-Robert Posted at 2016-9-10 18:28
It still is not clear to me why the OP'S AC landed apparently by itself with plenty of battery left. ...

it still a mystery to me also as to why it landed on 54% battery after disconnected, i do not still have the flight log as i fly 2-3 times per week,and deleted it to make more space for new/future flight logs. I learned a lesson and moved on. A i have mentioned by pressing the RTH unknowingly cancelled the failsafe RTH for RC signal loss, but then had red light on RC meaning i had no control over AC at that time.

Yes i was lucky,acted quick to get  the co-ordinates from flight plan to be able to go and find it straight away,in the middle of farmers field. Maybe as i had no control over AC the red light was on the RC and the AC could not do anything but land where it was, not sure.
2016-9-10
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
United Kingdom

cloudycante Posted at 2016-9-10 22:53
I don't have the logs, because it's from a different owner's device, sorry :-(

hi

ask for your friends permission for the email app account and for him to sync the flight logs also so you/he can be helped.
2016-9-10
Use props
Henry Mo-Yung
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11548839 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

wmcvey Posted at 2016-9-11 00:29
If you read through the first page of the thread you'll see the OP said his RC had a RED LED light ...

You had mistaken me.

In my Post #59, I was not replying the OP's case but Cloudycante's friend's case in Post #57 - "The AC during the whole time the signal was lost was just hovering at 40mt height, 200mt away from us.".

2016-9-11
Use props
wmcvey
lvl.4
United States

Henry Mo-Yung Posted at 2016-9-11 11:08
You had mistaken me.

In my Post #59, I was not replying the OP's case but Cloudycante's friend's  ...

I see that now, sorry for the mixup. I missed that your post was a reply to post #57.
2016-9-11
Use props
fans528d7248
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136909 ft
Australia

Hi ... not sure if my problem fits in this thread but here it is anyways:
i have a mavic pro with dual remote controls - both linked primary (MCTL) and secondary
i start the drone with MCTL but as soon as the GPS / home point is detected, the drone stops.
If i get into a non GPS (ATTN) zone (home point not detected), the drone doesnt stop.
Through my test i even had the drone taking off by itself, reacched the RTH 30m clearance and landed.

If i turn the second remote off ... the drone starts and flys with no problem ...

has anyone experienced / fixed such dual remote / return home problem?
cheers

Phil
2019-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules