Auto take off and flight pattern
1304 6 2015-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shakyamunifilms
lvl.2

United States

Has anyone successfully performed autonomous flight?
I'm talkin, custom pattern flight after automatic take off?

I've had successful manual flight and am most likely not going to attempt any autonomous flight. (Just to be safe)
Although I REALLY want to do an autonomous flight.

So , just curious to see!
2015-1-30
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

I don't believe that function is yet available...unless I'm misunderstanding your question.

Dan
2015-1-30
Use props
shakyamunifilms
lvl.2

United States

Hey Dan. Ahhh make sense. I don't think it is.
It was just, I got off with tech support last week and the guy said I'd be able to? But honestly the dude sounded inconsiderate as hell and just wanted me off the phone.

Thanks Dan.
2015-1-30
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

shakyamunifilms Posted at 2015-1-31 01:55
It was just, I got off with tech support last week  ...

Hey mate,

You know I wouldn't feel too bad about that.  I noticed in a youtube video tutorial about the Pilot App that they were clearly implying this was already in place. I had to watch it a few times because it certainly is not in my Pilot App and DJI itself has said in their FAQ that it was not available at this time.  Seems like someone got their wires crossed.  Don't worry you are not going crazy! Let me see if that video is still online and I will show you. It is a good video but I get the idea that the release of the video was meant to correspond with future firmware releases.

Dan
2015-1-30
Use props
daninperth
lvl.3

United States

shakyamunifilms Posted at 2015-1-31 01:55
It was just, I got off with tech support last week  ...

OK mate, I found  the video.  Skip to around 8:10 on the vid to see what I mean. If there is mismatched information in this otherwise very nice Pilot App video, then I think we can safely assume that there are wires crossed elsewhere with regard to this misunderstanding.  I don't know for sure but my point is just that I don't doubt someone told you that it was now available when it is clearly not available at this time.

Check it out

Dan
2015-1-30
Use props
shakyamunifilms
lvl.2

United States

Haha I gotchyu, my friend.
Thanks for the input.

Yea it's funny to me, that an actual employee (customer service for that matter) is giving me misinformation on their unit.
Still love DJI  and their products! It's Just humorous.
2015-1-30
Use props
rvarnell
lvl.1

United States

shakyamunifilms Posted at 2015-1-31 07:53
Haha I gotchyu, my friend.
Thanks for the input.

Sounds like  paid voice over talent reading from a script written by Chinese writer.  I don't believe it is meant to mislead. Just a difference in language.
2015-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules